Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Community Member

Maybe this was covered but I just missed it but can you accumulate the free points you get every month when you are a VIP and then spend them after your subscription runs out. I'm thinking about buying the year subscription but I anticipate money being a lot tighter next year so I'm hoping I can save all my points and buy my favorite packs if I have to go back to premium.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LadyKatyJane View Post
    Maybe this was covered but I just missed it but can you accumulate the free points you get every month when you are a VIP and then spend them after your subscription runs out. I'm thinking about buying the year subscription but I anticipate money being a lot tighter next year so I'm hoping I can save all my points and buy my favorite packs if I have to go back to premium.
    Yes you can, I did this same thing. Turbine Points never expire. My sub recently ran out, I can now purchase any quests, race or class that I would want. There really isn't much to spend your points on when you are VIP, the only points I spent were on a few tomes and bank space.

I would recommend that you wait for sales to make purchases when your sub runs out, they happen quite often these days, unless you really need something.
    Last edited by Zipwire; 09-26-2012 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyKatyJane View Post
    Absolutely. You can save your points, and also note, anything you bought while ViP will remain when you make the transition to Premium. If you bought Additional Bank space, or Additional Character slots, you keep them.

Only things included in the VIP bundle can't be purchased, so knowing what you will want to buy, and what you can do without is very important, I would suggest while VIP to make a list of the packs you like and the features/classes you enjoy the most, and then make sure you put aside enough points to purchase them when your VIP sub runs out.

Default How can I tell what I have purchased unlocked before I subbed?

It's been 3+ years.

I know I have unlocked FVS with favor (many times over)

And I *may* have purchased monk way early on before going VIP.

Is there a way to tell? Tired of being disappointed so "voting" with my wallet and want to make sure all my ducks are in row before hand.

Mokune is on life 8.65 toward completionist, I am really tired of the BS but have a great guild I am leader of and friends in game I don't want to completely leave hanging.

I thought Druid came as part of the MoTU Collector's Edition I pre-purchased.

I really only need to check on my Monk purchase and see how many TP I need to have for WF/Helf before I go f2p.
    I am often cynical and say mean things. It's a WAI "Feature".

Just discovered this from a link. Excellent guide. I choose to be VIP not because of the "perks" but because it supports the game. If money were ever to become tight, these are some good points to consider.

If you take a break from the game and paid for time in advance do you keep the remaining time for use upon re-activation if you cancel your subscription?

Quote Originally Posted by Rivet View Post
    If you take a break from the game and paid for time in advance do you keep the remaining time for use upon re-activation if you cancel your subscription?

No. Once you pay for VIP time, that time will run until the subscription runs out - then will either auto-resub, or cancel to Premium if you've cancelled VIP during the sub period.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual

Quote Originally Posted by Feralthyrtiaq View Post

And I *may* have purchased monk way early on before going VIP.

Is there a way to tell? ....

[I know this question is 2 years old, but will answer it for anyone currently reading thru.]

On the DDO Store page, click My Account. There you can click to see your Purchase History.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123