Default Pathfinder Character Building

To expand on my prior post on learning Pathfinder, I'd love some input on character building. The group that I will be playing with has little to no D&D experience, and is not going to be a Min/Maxed play. This being said I would still like to be useful in combat, while leaning towards the out of battle skills. I'm leaning strongly towards either a Bard/rogue or Bard/ranger with the first being an information gather w/ some trap/thief skills and a melee fighter and the second would be an information gather with a bit of tracking and bow fighting. At least thats what thought based on my DDO experience.

But in looking though http://www.d20pfsrd.com a Rogue will add only 2 skill points (even when taken at level 1) but the specials it gets at level 1 and 2 seem quite useful (rogue talent, 1d6 sneakatk and evasion). But there does not seem much that would suggest TWF over THF. Thoughts? Do the 2 levels or rogue really add more then the two bard caster levels?

When looking at the first 2 levels of ranger, that seems to add nothing, and going pure bard with a bow would be better, or maybe a fighter level or 2 for a range feat.

Seems like I could take the Archer build from here (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/extras/commu...onks-lab/test2) and splash a level or 2 of rogue or fighter to great effect.

My second character thought was a fighting cleric. Does splashing a bit or Monk or fighter here help?

I would really like to multiclass, but not sure how alot of this translates to a non min/maxed PnP game, and advice would be much appreciated. Learning pathfinder seems like the first day I logged into DDO and was completely lost, and now, like then, I turn to the boards.

Thanks

*EDIT* Just going core pathfinder right now, but may be able to add some prestige class.
    Using just core pathfinder stuff right now, but may be able to introduce a prestige class, but not going to do multibu
    Last edited by Cam_Neely; 08-26-2011 at 03:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Hate me if you want, as of right now I'm not letting anyone crack open the build for this. Nope no way. Nada. I need developers working on the expansion pack, and that only. Again, hate me all you want, but creating a whole new realm takes priority over a broken bag. This is pretty much true of a few of the other issues that crept in today also.

Shameless self bump, looking for more info on multiclassing in Pathfinder, I've spent alot of time reading up on this stuff, but actual experiences would be useful.

So in hopes of eliciting responses, here are a few more pointed questions

Assumptions
    3 man party, not minmaxed, starting at level 1. Just using core Pathfinder info for now, but could talk the DM into a prestige class, or a more normal noncore class. One guy wants to be a caster of some sort. I'm thinking of being either a ...

Bard
    Focusing on social interactions and info gathering, while using the bards immense knowledge set. Would like a bit of DPS.

1.) Can a Bard be a good party thief? If so, does a multi class help?
    2.) Can a Bard be a good party healer? If so, does a multi class help
    3.) For each of the above what is the best way to contribute some dmg, outside of buffs, in fights?

Cleric
    1.) Can battle clerics be made? I see myself liking a S&B cleric leading from the front of the back, healing and buffing and cracking skulls (maybe not in that order). Would a Pally or Fighter slash hurt the cleric, or is it better to just increase the caster levels?

While I dont care about being all powerful, I dont wanna role a gimp.

Thanks
    Hate me if you want, as of right now I'm not letting anyone crack open the build for this. Nope no way. Nada. I need developers working on the expansion pack, and that only. Again, hate me all you want, but creating a whole new realm takes priority over a broken bag. This is pretty much true of a few of the other issues that crept in today also.

130 views and no comments? You all must be rusty from the 4e cookie cutter builds!

Any who went half elf bard with a 15 point buy. Gonna probably start with a rapier and shield. Almost went elf bowbard but when I saw 8 HP and an AC of 13 I was scared this guy might not live to fight another day!

17,13,12,12,7,14 was the stat split

Our first gaming is in about a week, and it will be a store bought one hitter modal, to get the hang of it. After that the DM has his own campaign planned out. We will have to do a little rerolling of our characters at that point, as we will not be using the point buy, but actual rolling 4d6(dropping lowest) x6 to figure out our stats. How those dice fall will have alot of input on what I plan to do with Hullabaloo the PnP Bard!

Well, at risk of being the weirdo that played Pathfinder AND talks to himself, we rolled last week. New to the game, but old school DM, we rolled for our stats 2x 2d6+6 and 4x 4d6 drop the lowest. Has very nice rolls, and with race mods made a worthy Halfling bowBard! RPed the intro to the quest, and gonna roll D20s with aggression next week

Str: 13
    Dex: 19
    Con: 13
    Int: 10
    Wis: 8
    Cha: 17
    Feat: Point Blank Shot

Skills: Acrobatics
    Knowledge: Dungeoneering
    Knowledge: Local
    Preform: Oratory
    Stealth
    UMD