Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bracosius View Post
    I know exactly where you are coming from and I have advocated the same concept in the past, but no one wants to hear it. Instead they rather neg rep you hoping you never type PvP into another post again.

I think it would be amazing if DDO had team PvP. The argument is always that balancing would occur and this would effect PvE, but this is entirely untrue. If you have 2 teams and they both have access to the exact same classes and races, what is there to balance?

It is not required that a barbarian be able to kill a wizard in a 1v1 fight in order for fun team PvP to exist. If you get frustrated that your barbarian keeps getting owned by casters, develop a new tactic or go roll a caster for PvP. If you don't think that should be required to PvP effectivly, then don't PvP.

I also think awards for PvP should exist that do not effect the core PvE part of the game. The rewards could be cosmetic, we already know turbine has that ability. It is enough of a reward for people good at PvP to have something to show for it, but does not effect PvE at all.

I also do not think it would be time consuming or difficult to do, they already have most of the concept in place. They have team arenas but no one uses them. I think a que system that allows you to leave the tavern, stay qued and only drop you from que if you enter a quest would help.

I guarantee that if PvP had a reward of a cosmetic only crown, just like cosmetic armor upgrades, that was a reward for team PvP only, people would do it. And if enough of the polpulation ends up enjoying it, then more maps can be added, and rewards that do not not effect PvE.
    I think this is a great idea. I played this game for around 2 years and it started getting boring for me but i think improved pvp might draw me back to the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    I'm on it. Nerfing the new thing asap.
    Also, nerfing the old thing too, for balance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    nnnnnnnmn....Pie is greater than Cake....nnnnnnnnn
    ^^^^didn't need to hypnotize me to make me say that :P ^^^^^^

I brought up this suggestion in another thread - Can't remember which one so:

Have a Priest of the Sovereign Host in House P ask adventurers to defend some Sov. Host worshippers from a Fanatical Silver Flame Inquisitor's Mercenaries.

I'm sure there are other quests where 2 groups of players could take both roles.

Possibles incl:

All of Necropolis - Emerald Claw Vs Silver Flame
    Hiding in Plain Sight - Hazadill needs a hand {this could work for pt 3 of the Baudry Chain too}.
    Mired in Halflings - Sinvala's not impressed with Kobolds {this could work for all races equally - public instance for that one race}.
    Shroud Pt 2 - Harry wants real back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bracosius View Post
    I know exactly where you are coming from and I have advocated the same concept in the past, but no one wants to hear it. Instead they rather neg rep you hoping you never type PvP into another post again.

I think it would be amazing if DDO had team PvP. The argument is always that balancing would occur and this would effect PvE, but this is entirely untrue. If you have 2 teams and they both have access to the exact same classes and races, what is there to balance?

It is not required that a barbarian be able to kill a wizard in a 1v1 fight in order for fun team PvP to exist. If you get frustrated that your barbarian keeps getting owned by casters, develop a new tactic or go roll a caster for PvP. If you don't think that should be required to PvP effectivly, then don't PvP.

I also think awards for PvP should exist that do not effect the core PvE part of the game. The rewards could be cosmetic, we already know turbine has that ability. It is enough of a reward for people good at PvP to have something to show for it, but does not effect PvE at all.

I also do not think it would be time consuming or difficult to do, they already have most of the concept in place. They have team arenas but no one uses them. I think a que system that allows you to leave the tavern, stay qued and only drop you from que if you enter a quest would help.

I guarantee that if PvP had a reward of a cosmetic only crown, just like cosmetic armor upgrades, that was a reward for team PvP only, people would do it. And if enough of the polpulation ends up enjoying it, then more maps can be added, and rewards that do not not effect PvE.
    This is an excellent idea. I've participated in two or three arena matches and I can tell you that they were much more enjoyable than even the most intense tavern brawls. I think this is because players were working in teams to achieve a goal (such as capturing the flag) and all classes at least could play a role.

While such a system still favors spellcasting classes, it would be a step in the right direction to emphasize this style of goal-oriented PvP.
    "Freedom is the sovereign right of every American!"
    -Liberty Prime™

Drinking the One-Eared Bugbear out of ale.

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    I brought up this suggestion in another thread - Can't remember which one so:

Have a Priest of the Sovereign Host in House P ask adventurers to defend some Sov. Host worshippers from a Fanatical Silver Flame Inquisitor's Mercenaries.

I'm sure there are other quests where 2 groups of players could take both roles.

Possibles incl:

All of Necropolis - Emerald Claw Vs Silver Flame
    Hiding in Plain Sight - Hazadill needs a hand {this could work for pt 3 of the Baudry Chain too}.
    Mired in Halflings - Sinvala's not impressed with Kobolds {this could work for all races equally - public instance for that one race}.
    Shroud Pt 2 - Harry wants real back up.
    This is actually not a bad idea, as long as the scenarios you play aren't ones that would affect the storyline that runs through DDO. As previously stated, I dislike the pvp model of kills for loot that anarchy online took up, and don't think that's a good direction for DDO to go in. As soon as people worked out they could just let the other side win, and then take turns, it devolved into a waiting game more than anything else.
    Anyway, I'm not convinced this thread is accomplishing anything more than

Community Member

Wink

No PVP, DDO isnt balanced for PVP, go play WoW... etc.

Community Member

Smile Neg repped... but owell :)

Quote Originally Posted by sumptingwong View Post
    No PVP, DDO isnt balanced for PVP, go play WoW... etc.
    Someone failed their sarcasm check, owell rep is of no point and should be removed (:

You guys realize how gimped Casters (not divines) are on pvp.
    With the exception of Wizard Past life, and Acid. All other spells can be 100% negated. All of them, Niacs, Lance, Fireball, Swarm, whail, etc.

Just get your Cloak of fire,Djinnnis, Firestorm, Epic Demonscale and 2 Greensteels with llllll absorbtion. If you want to be unbeatable grind for it. There is also EMirror cloak for those FV's. Really stop whining about it and start grinding.
    Farm Epic Elite Chests by yourself.
    Hide of Goristro ~5 Mins http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNIwV...ature=youtu.be
    Spider Silk & Stone Heart ~2 Mins http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSABE...ature=youtu.be

Hater's gonna hate.

I used to like PVP...but then I took an arrow to the knee.

Joking aside, I don't mind PVP but I don't bother participating in it anymore, since it's nothing more than sorcs using <insert savant ability here> to own people through spell absorption items.

or divines spamming divine punishment. Or people spamming past life magic missiles + meteor swarm with eardwellers. You get the idea.
    Proud member of Renowned, Thelanis server.

Default Lol

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH, so you think casters own in pvp? Poor guy, what server you play on dude? haha.

Quote Originally Posted by protokon View Post
    Joking aside, I don't mind PVP but I don't bother participating in it anymore, since it's nothing more than sorcs using <insert savant ability here> to own people through spell absorption items.
    or divines spamming divine punishment. Or people spamming past life magic missiles + meteor swarm with eardwellers. You get the idea.
    "PvP in ddo, cannot have progression within the PvP setting, and is bound to the pen and paper idea of casters. This is why casters dominate in PvP" = fact you know nothing about a real pvp build.

Until a little fellow called Afterimage deciced to make a Kensai AA Evader ranger for all those sorcs and WF wizards who like to stun and use earthgrab.
    A simple cheap 28 point highly advanced ;p build with a pale and will planned epics, bows.

Here on Ghallanda there used to be a lot of these so called uber casters, thinking they were all great and bad ass with their monks levels, TR misseles and big mouths, I fought each and single one of them over the years, I fought 5 casters at a time, monks and virtuoso bards, whatever they could throw at me and I did win, did I use mean tactics, sure. Did they use meaner tactics yup, was I smarter, yeah.
    Fighting a caster, don't waste your time on a another caster. Same for Divines.
    Puny little earthgrab's of 40+ reflex, not a problem.
    No more casters, no more troubles, you attack me you'll die in 0.1 second on a Epic or L2 bow you will never be able to dodge unless you got 70 AC and insane dr.
    Casters are just for show, rangers kill.

Emphasized, the most feared ranger of Ghallanda has spoken.

The smartest most cunning player wins in PVP, that what makes it so well designed and balanced, you create you own build and you outsmart your enemies you win no matter what a TR legend WF tells you, no matter if 10 WF TR legends of ravensguard stand in the pit laughing at you.

You can win.
    Last edited by Fundamental; 02-28-2012 at 08:31 AM.
    MD Interactive www.youtube.com/michieldankmeijer
    Subscribe & Follow To Stay Tuned!
    Afteristar & Empha on Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by Dragavon View Post
    I see what you are saying. But I play DDO because it has no PVP.

If someone wants a PVP game then let them go play something else, leave DDO to us that want no part of it. That is my opinion
    this

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Quote Originally Posted by Fundamental View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH, so you think casters own in pvp? Poor guy, what server you play on dude? haha.

"PvP in ddo, cannot have progression within the PvP setting, and is bound to the pen and paper idea of casters. This is why casters dominate in PvP" = fact you know nothing about a real pvp build.

Until a little fellow called Afterimage deciced to make a Kensai AA Evader ranger for all those sorcs and WF wizards who like to stun and use earthgrab.
    A simple cheap 28 point highly advanced ;p build with a pale and will planned epics, bows.

Here on Ghallanda there used to be a lot of these so called uber casters, thinking they were all great and bad ass with their monks levels, TR misseles and big mouths, I fought each and single one of them over the years, I fought 5 casters at a time, monks and virtuoso bards, whatever they could throw at me and I did win, did I use mean tactics, sure. Did they use meaner tactics yup, was I smarter, yeah.
    No more casters, no more troubles, you attack me you'll die in 0.1 second on a Epic or L2 bow you will never be able to dodge unless you got 70 AC and insane dr.

The smartest most cunning player wins in PVP, that what makes it so well designed and balanced, you create you own build and you outsmart your enemies you win no matter what a TR legend WF tells you, no matter if 10 WF TR legends of ravensguard stand in the pit laughing at you.

You can win.
    LOL

Those evasion builds are a dime a dozen - they certainly arent a secret. Slayer arrow procs are blocked with a shield and most casters can self heal through many shot. Tempest just gets flogged outright.

My first life wizard disintegrates those evasion builds just as fast as they can jump into the pit. I dont build for or play PVP alot. I just screw around and kill some time.

Sure there are times when a caster will lose to a melee, but casters who lose to melee alot are doing it wrong.

On the converse, there are ALOT of ways a caster can beat a melee so theres no way a melee can gear for and metagame against every single thing a caster can do. If a caster does get beat by melee, a simple adjustment is required to ensure they will roflpwn the same melee afterward, repeatedly.

600 hitpoint toaster liches and 650 hitpoint FvS with shield mastery and 2 level of monk steamroll just about everything else in PVP. Manyshot builds have 20 seconds to succeed, and 100 seconds after that to run around like a chicken with its head cut off - pales arent that tough to clear.
    Last edited by Chai; 02-28-2012 at 04:02 PM.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    LOL

Those evasion builds are a dime a dozen - they certainly arent a secret. Slayer arrow procs are blocked with a shield and most casters can self heal through many shot. Tempest just gets flogged outright.

My first life wizard disintegrates those evasion builds just as fast as they can jump into the pit. I dont build for or play PVP alot. I just screw around and kill some time.

Sure there are times when a caster will lose to a melee, but casters who lose to melee alot are doing it wrong.

On the converse, there are ALOT of ways a caster can beat a melee so theres no way a melee can gear for and metagame against every single thing a caster can do. If a caster does get beat by melee, a simple adjustment is required to ensure they will roflpwn the same melee afterward, repeatedly.

600 hitpoint toaster liches and 650 hitpoint FvS with shield mastery and 2 level of monk steamroll just about everything else in PVP. Manyshot builds have 20 seconds to succeed, and 100 seconds after that to run around like a chicken with its head cut off - pales arent that tough to clear.
    Don't bother with Afterimage, everyone on the server knows he's a noob.
    Sweep Pick or Die!
    Quote Originally Posted by JollySwagMan View Post
    But in terms of actual quest ideas, perhaps something where Halflings ride around on Warforged in battle-backpacks with shoulder-mounted repeating crossbows.

i didn't read all the posts in this thread... but i have my personal opinion about the PVP in DDO.

and it's simple.. very simple.

Dear turbine,

give me a valley where only lvl20 toons can enter it... where there are no rules, no restrictions
    PURE PVP UNLEASHED.
    and may be a forest in there with some mobs and a little village in the center with some houses and npc vendors and healers.

would be awesome and funny ..not like the tavern pvp that is so boring and silly
    Last edited by drathdragon; 03-01-2012 at 06:45 AM.

The only thing worse than another PvP thread, is an old PvP thread getting necroed again just to further....

Leave the poor thing be.
    Last edited by cdbd3rd; 03-06-2012 at 01:10 PM.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual

Im a non PvP player but once in a pvp thread i put up a suggestion.

Turbine should employ X number of people solely to work on PvP. they could create another server or just make another huose type area, an instance where PvP rules apply.

I suggested that this be funded by being a pay to play operation.

that way the people who want PvP could buy the "pack" and the ones who dont wont.

Then turbine could see exactly how much money they have for PvP development and then apply it according.

The response I got on that thread?

Very negative. basically that isnt good enough. What pro PvP'ers want is their cake for free.

Problem is it wont be for free it will be at the expense of the team developing non pvp content. Thats why there is opposition.

Hence, if the PvP'ers pay for the work to be done, problem solved but no apparently.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanvar View Post
    I believe my left thumb is Gimp. I think I need to reroll.
    DDO Acronyms: http://ddowiki.com/page/Glossary
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...78#post2326178

I would love to see team player vs player content that didn't involve just killing the other team. I'd love to see competitive timed challenges, a race to complete an objective or other team sports that have nothing to do with pwning other players individually and everything to do with strategy, teamwork and skill.

Don't see it happening though.
    A PUG is like a box of chocolates
    Get people to read your post.

Disable fortification in the pits.

Require all spells to have saves in the pits.

I just fixed pvp in ddo. You're welcome.

I <3 PvP in most games. I don't particularly care for it in DDO. It's fun on occasion to kill and be killed in DDO, but the devs have made it so there is no point to PvPing in my eyes. I hate the brawl pits and I don't care for the team pvp either.

I'm not sure that there is any thing the Devs could do to make it more appealing to me given the current state of the game, but that's just me. Some people do like it, though. More power to em, I say.
    Akori-Fighter Iroka-Sorcerer Censured-Rogue Isilti-Cleric Tony-Sorcerer Duress-Cleric Elaril-Fighter Avatard-Fighter Mitigation-Paladin Loose-Bard Shiken-Fighter Unreasonably-Barbarian Jueh-Monk

if they can hit you. but yea i agree rangers are a great counter to casters
    I don't play this game anymore
    But I used to be someone important!
    Long Live Math

You can win.
    Most feared ranger? Please. My lvl 6 monk 6 rog killed that lvl 20 epic geared ranger multiple times.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast