Hello guys. I am taking a class on Organizational Behavior and I have a few curiosities about guilds in this game. (This will serve as an informal survey and hopefully give me insight on future direction on what I want to do for my class and my Psych degree.)
Feel free to answer, any or all of the questions.
1. How did your guild start? Was it about specific player needs, a certain philosophy, or was it born from a pre-existing static group?
2. How would you describe the structure of the guild. Do you have a leader, co-leaders, different tiers of officers and members?
3. What tools do you use for organization? Do you use Message of the Day, a lot? Do you have a guild site? What do you use these for?
4. How organized are groups? Are things very static? Or do groups form from guild chat or do people just do Pick up groups (PUGs)?
BONUS 5. If you were part of a disbanded guild, what happened?
1. I would appreciate guild names. I would love to contact you in game if you I can learn more, plus I think it would serve as a nice collection of historical accounts from each guild.
2. If there is some drama involved in your answers (conflict, issues with specific members and leadership, issues with other guilds) PLEASE PM me your answers. I would appreciate all the information but I would not want you to violate Forum policies.
Thank you so much!