Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by jydog100 View Post
    deconstruction? NO!!!

I love seeing WTT: GS great crossbow blank for GS khopesh blank in the trade channel!!!!
    =)

And another one ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNQRfBAzSzo

/100% not signed

Main reason:

There are several planners that make it very easy to do so. There are lots of resources to help one craft. If you screw up, it is because you screwed up. It is not that hard and very PHD (Press Here Dude/ette) Sorry, but GS crafting is NOT the nuclear physics-like difficulty that everyone thinks it might be. Do your research, check, double check, and triple check your recipe, proof the recipe with different planners, check the forums, then follow that recipe to the letter, and for each line of recipe, check, double check, and triple check what you have on your screen matches what you have in the recipe.

I am very much against Turbine having to hand hold players because the player screwed up. If it is worth the effort, make the effort NOT to screw up... (ie: double check recipes with different planners, take your time) Although I have only made 2 items, each item took me at least 30 minutes to craft.... because I took my time, checked, double checked, and triple checked what I had matched the recipe I printed out. And they worked out just fine, tyvm.

disclaimer: the following may apply to you or may not... so don't get ****y
    IMHO: people want deconstruction because they don't want to spend the time on it. People just want GS crafting to be like microwaving popcorn... push some buttons, make some noise, wait a few minutes (at most) and bingobango done. But like microwaving popcorn, it can be underwhelming (not enough time = too many kernels left over) or overwhelming (popcorn is burnt to hell and your place stinks)

Instead, what GS crafting really is, is like making your own wine. It takes time, it takes practice, it takes a recipe, it takes effort, it takes care. You can't just push a few buttons and out pops a Tier III LitII GSGAxe like popcorn.... you gotta work for it... you gotta earn it. Why? Because making fine wine takes effort and time... and that's what GS items are meant to be... a fine wine. Any nimrod can make popcorn.... but not everyone can make wine.

Moral of the Story: If crafting that GS item is that worth it to you, then take your time on it.

As for the "deconstruction for those who were experimenting for new recipes" arguement.... I'm torn on that one. I'll have to sort out that one with myself at a later date
    Last edited by Khanyth; 10-04-2011 at 09:51 AM.

Community Member

I've made at least 10 weapons and about the same amount of accessories. I've NEVER had a problem with it.

Don't be so hasty, the planners tell you step by step what to do. Pay more attention and be careful.

Quote Originally Posted by jydog100 View Post
    deconstruction? NO!!!

I love seeing WTT: GS great crossbow blank for GS khopesh blank in the trade channel!!!!
    gs khopesh trade? pfft. 100k great crossbow in AH... cheapest stoneskin/raise dead/haste/displace clicky ever!

other people's mistakes will be buffing my tr's for years to come.

funny story about my first mistake- i accidentally somehow crafted a khopesh for my AA (first capped toon) while trying to make a longbow. tr'd, respecced for it, actually turned out pretty awesome. turned out to be the best mistake i ever made. (at the time, tring and respeccing around a greensteel blank seemed like a fantastic idea)

not sure if i'd do the same for a crossbow.
    CRIT EVERY HIT

We have needed this for a while now, for many reasons that have been posted in the numerous threads on this topic. Please do this soon.
    Almost nearly always: Ghallanda, THE OLD TIMERS' GUILD
    Most likely: Heisenberg, Landau, Boltzmann, Sommerfeld, Rutherford, Bohr, Tezla, and Dirac.
    But also: Vigner, Minkowski, Schrodinger, Fermi, Hartree, Sternn, Gerlach, and others.

Quote Originally Posted by IanYang View Post
    I just underwent some failures when crafting my GS accessory due to the unclearness of the description of the GS crafting planner and the imperfectness of GS crafting mechanism.
    Funny how everything is never the players fault. You made a mistake because you did not pay attention. Some of us pay attention when crafting GS and never make mistakes.

Community Member

I vote to implement the suggestion somebody made on this thread to, instead of decontructing, AT LEAST let us put a shard onto a finished GS item to replace an old one! I'd love to turn an item or two into something else (Min II into a Triple Earth?) since I don't need it as a DR breaker, and my Lit II is so much cooler. That way we could "reshape" items that are outdated, sometimes due to Turbine, sometimes due to ourselve, and also fix mistakes without starting from scratch.

They did this with Dragon Touched armor, and guess what, the game isn't broken because of it!

Love that idea. would also luv to see some new recipes. Things like TrueSeeing and even GH would b nice... and for deconstruct, again, it should be an option. Meh likey options. Options r good.

Quote Originally Posted by MrCow View Post
    If the core reason for Green Steel Deconstruction is that players can make mistakes then an alternate request you might want to make is for the Altars of Invasion/Subjugation/Devastation to use the Barter User Interface.
    ^This

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by countfitz View Post
    ...They did this with Dragon Touched armor, and guess what, the game isn't broken because of it!
    Missed that before, great point. +1.
    Oh, and to all you perfect crafters, a big bag of poo for you.
    So far... i havent seen one *valid* argument against decon.
    -Tarelyn ~Achillesia, Thelanis

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Neg rep for this? Just proving what I have been saying the entire time. The system doesnt work.
    +1, for a balance

Community Member

In another thread, probably in the Crafting forum, a dev replied to a post I'd made about GS deconstruction saying it was going to be introduced, ETA and exact procedure unknown.

I don't know of anyone who would settle for nothing less than a 1:1 mat return from their deconstruction. If you made a mistake, you deserve to pay a price for it. But perhaps a 3:1 ratio would be reasonable; get maybe 2 large ingredients back from a Tier 3 item. Point here is that anything beats nothing.

One other scenario to consider other than player mistakes: I'm sure that certain recipes that yielded powerful gs items have seen their usefulness reduced or eliminated by subsequent introductions into the game of more powerful items. Why punish, in a sense, players who farmed for the ingredients necessary to make what was then a good item and now an obsolete one? They didn't make a mistake when they made it but rather were overtaken by later events.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123