Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default We need Green Steel Deconstruction asap

I just underwent some failures when crafting my GS accessory due to the unclearness of the description of the GS crafting planner and the imperfectness of GS crafting mechanism. Now things have to be restarted from scratch. I don't know how to describe my frustration and unhappiness.

The main problem is that the two supreme shards have to be combined together before being combined with the GS accessory. If one of the supreme shard being combined with the GS accessory first, then the crafting device won't let you combine another supreme shard with the GS accessory. This really sucks.

This problem ought to be solvable if we have GS Deconstruction, but unfortunately we don't have GS Deconstruction.

We need Green Steel Deconstruction asap. Seriously.

I wouldn't hold your breath. There are countless threads on these forums regarding deconstruction. I also messed up my first weapon by not combining the supreme shards. It was the first and only time. Now, because mats be rare or hard to farm for, I double and triple check everything prior to placing it in a crafting device. Sucks to learn the hard way.....I feel your pain.....but, you basically get to start over. Not a big deal for me, i enjoy the grind and like the crafting process.
    Leader of The Kargatane; Orien.
    All Hail Azalin Rex, Lord of Darkon

No, we don't.

Green Steel crafting is extremely powerful. Seriously, the weapons and accessories you can make count among the best gear in the game, more powerful than some epics, and are ML 11/12.

The balance to that is they're very time-consuming and somewhat hard to make.
    There is a risk that you mess up your item, yes, and that's WAI. If it wasn't, we would get official GS planners in the Compendium instead of having to rely on unofficial ones.

I'm sorry you messed up your GS item, but it happens (I messed up my first too, though it was only at tier 2 so no big deal).
    But think about all the people who had to test GS crafting without planners, and lost uncounted mats doing so, so that the risk we newer players take by doing GS crafting is much less, and instead of asking for an easy button, be grateful for what we get to make our life easier.

There is at least one fail save GS planner that prevents mistakes like that.

http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~delalle...roud/index.php

I agree GS reconstruction would be nice, but i don't think it would break the game if we never got it.

Quote Originally Posted by IanYang View Post
    I just underwent some failures when crafting my GS accessory due to the unclearness of the description of the GS crafting planner and the imperfectness of GS crafting mechanism.
    While some crafting tools are less clear than others, you picked your tool, you decided to only use one, you didn't read the wiki to understand the process, and none of those things are Turbine's fault.

There is also nothing imperfect about the crafting mechanism, I've never seen or heard of it failing, except for the brief problem with MinIIs that they fixed.

Now that aside, GS deconstruction has been asked for since the beginning of the Shroud and it would be nice -at least give us back our larges

Quote Originally Posted by Gkar View Post
    While some crafting tools are less clear than others, you picked your tool, you decided to only use one, you didn't read the wiki to understand the process, and none of those things are Turbine's fault.

There is also nothing imperfect about the crafting mechanism, I've never seen or heard of it failing, except for the brief problem with MinIIs that they fixed.

Now that aside, GS deconstruction has been asked for since the beginning of the Shroud and it would be nice -at least give us back our larges
    How about the triple water weapons that just lacked an entire tier for 12 months or so?

There would ne no need for deconstruction if someone could just redo a tier or add a shard to a messed up tier 3 to make it a double shard tier 3. Theres no distinct advantage this gives players other than not having to pay for human error with months of grinding. They still pay the same amount in ingredients.

Neg rep for this? Just proving what I have been saying the entire time. The system doesnt work.
    Last edited by Chai; 08-24-2011 at 07:34 PM.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Thanks for all of you whose replies mentioned you messed up your first GS item as well to help me relax.

It seems that we apparently need GS Deconstruction to help countless future first timers who mess up their first GS item.

no, we need non hasty first timers able to read

I'm making my first GS items, and made damn sure I understood EVERYTHING before getting started. Just takes a little bit of homework. Use of planners, DDO wiki, come to the forums and ask questions if you are not 100% sure about something.......that's what i did.

I still wouldn't mind if they added it for people who messed up though. But I doubt we'll see it.

This is a nice planner that I like:

http://www.perfectweb.org/ddo/crafti...e_crafting.php

Gives VERY specific instructions like:

"Make 1 Double Imbued Shard of Supreme Power ( Aspect of Lightning II / Shock Blast ) by combining
    Shavarath High Energy Cell, 1 Air/Dominion/Material Imbued Shard of Supreme Power, and 1 Positive/Dominion/Material Imbued Shard of Supreme Power "
    Last edited by somenewnoob; 08-23-2011 at 09:36 AM.
    I'm piking at work.
    I disarm traps........with my face!
    How do I know that I am better than you are? Because I'm in Thrudh's signature and you're not. That's how.

Quote Originally Posted by Gauthaag View Post
    no, we need non hasty first timers able to read
    You will say this kind of stuff, right up to and until it happens to you.

Theres no reason to penalize human error with months of grinding for nothing.

I dont believe deconstruction is the answer because people will TR and then get all their larges back, and crank out all new items.

I think being able to finish crafting a double shard from a single shard, or being able to recraft a tier, is the answer. This lets people fix a screw up without giving them the ability to never have to farm for gear again due to having all kinds of items to break down and recreate to the new FOTM specification.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

I would much rather see ToD ring deconstruction. I made a completely my fault idiot mistake and messed up a gnawed ring. Im not upset about the lack of deconstruction but I was livid with myself for rushing.
    Dontbleed----Velvetelvis----Bleedout----Whatsina
    Synergia
    Argo

I just underwent some failures when crafting my GS accessory due to the unclearness of the description of the GS crafting planner and the imperfectness of GS crafting mechanism.
    1) You probably weren't using a good planner
    2) Possible reading error?

I've only messed up once and I forgot my large horn hehehe
    Last edited by Asketes; 08-23-2011 at 10:51 AM.
    (Perma) - Khyber - Official Helpers Guild Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Grease is an extremely valuable party buff.

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

While I would love to see green steel deconstruction, as a shroud vet and altoholic, I have made many green steel accessories and weapons. I have 9 characters I play and everytime I go to make a new item for one of them, I use not one but 2 different planners to make sure they agree on the materials to use. If there is a problem, I check the wiki or with a guildie/friend in game and ask questions. I have probably made at least 50 greensteel items/weapons and have messed up a lot(esp when crafting first came out)...so hang in there, it gets easier as you get more into it

Saal
    "Fools said I, you do not know. Silence like a cancer grows, hear my words that I might teach you, take my hand that I might reach you, but my words like silent raindrops fell...."-Paul Simon "Day after day, we caught no breath or motion. As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean."--Coleridge

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

I'll sign for the deconstruction... everyday, every week, every thread about it.

While I agree that with the tools we have now GS crafting errors shouldn't happen...

Well they do happen from time to time.

But the worst is not these errors.
    The worst is all those GS items that are sitting in banks because we had to discover the recipes ( true that's a long time ago ) and didn't have any tool around to guide us.
    The worst is all those GS items that are sitting in banks because they have become useless after an update, either because they have become obsolete, or because the use they had have been changed.

I have at least 6/7 items that falls into one of the two worst category taking dust in bank.

As stated already, we don't need to get back everything, just give back the highest tier components.( Large for a Tier 3, Medium for a Tier 2, ... )
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    The worst is all those GS items that are sitting in banks because they have become useless after an update, either because they have become obsolete, or because the use they had have been changed.
    This IMO, is the exact reason there should not be GS deconstruction. We built it, used
    it to our benefit, and now something else fits that slot. Like all other Raid loot, put it to
    pasture or save it for when you TR.

You just underwent an error in crafting your GS item, is this your first GS item?
    You see in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

http://www.perfectweb.org/ddo/crafti...e_crafting.php

This one. Of all the GS items I've made, the only time I messed one up was when I didn't use the above crafter. It is clear-cut, easy to use. GS crafting for dummies. Like me.
    "Funny 'Ha-Ha, or Funny 'Uh-oh...'?
    Probably Funny 'Uh-Oh.'"
    Khyber - Mesaana, Samaeila Suncrusher

deconstruction? NO!!!

I love seeing WTT: GS great crossbow blank for GS khopesh blank in the trade channel!!!!
    Badlass 25 WC hum, Dysfunctiona 25 Wiz hum....
    Badlazz 24 SS hum(3tr), Gezer 20 Sorc drow, Slyfoxx 13 rog/6 ran/1 ftr, Ohwell 15 WC/3 rog/2 ftr, Badlassie 14 bard/6 ran, XnonameX 14 WC/4 rog/2 ftr, xpetex/xrepetex 20 arty, others....... BfaG

Greensteel is confusing. The perfectweb planner seems to give the most reliable info, and it's the most commonly used one I've seen.

I've made 3 GS items now. I haven't messed any of them up because I checked 5 times before I did each step. I took my time, knowing full well that one missed step would result in months of grinding for nothing.

It would be nice to have a GS deconstruction, but I have to be completely honest here.
    You made a mistake, it happens. Scream and yell for a while, have a beer, then try again.
    I'm betting you won't let that happen again. In the end, it's not Turbine's fault that you made a mistake. Yes, it's unclear in spots, yes it's a pain to grind for the materials.

But it is extremely powerful crafting. It's dangerous, it's potent, it's mystical. Chalk it up to a valuable lesson learned and try again.

Best of luck to you, and all of your future crafting. For those that have made mistakes whether through rushing or just not understanding, I hope that they do introduce GS deconstruction. But there are PLENTY of threads on the forums about crafting GS. Take the time to fully understand, ask questions, and learn before you make that error yourself.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Community Member

I do not think you should have a one for one deconstruct and get all my ingredients back, but i think there should be some mechanism that returns some of them, like maybe a 1/4 of the larges used because who cares about medium or smalls?

With the rumor mill about GS post U11, I think if the rumors are true, some form of decon needs to be available. i am not stating the rumor, and to say there are rumors is almost redundant because there always are rumors... just sayin...

Oh, I have used the planner linked above (the black screen one) and never messed up a GS item... that is, i have made exactly what I wanted, however, I have not known what i should want, i.e. a HP or SP item, not a mixed item so i had to build 2 items, and if i swap one, i lose partial benefits of the 'other' so even though i made exactly what i wanted, i still 'messed up'...
    Last edited by Setin_Myways; 08-23-2011 at 11:41 AM.

/signed

Turbine needs to do something. And I can't believe it hasn't been done already. Penalizing people for mistakes, as has been said, is just bad design. Mistakes and errors happen (look at Turbines past programming), and making people lose mats forever is bad customer service.

Personally I think deconstruction of shards into SOME mats, and overwriting items (like DT Armor) would be best. That way, if you still have a shard, you obviously made a mistake. So allowing people to deconstruct it into maybe 4-6 mats would be helpful, but not game breaking as it would still require a "cost" of most of the other mats. And allowing overwriting of new shards onto already crafted items just makes sense.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast