Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 60 of 60
  1. #41
    Community Member Zyerz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sarlona
    Posts
    1,042

    Default

    No thank you.


    I agree with wilderness areas connecting public places like towns. (similar to what LOTRO did) thats a really cool thing I'd like to see. But imagine the grief new players and weak toons will go through if a high level kills ya cause you had to go to a specific place. (i remember that in Runescape's wilderness areas... You couldnt explore certain places cause a high level would kill ya and steal your stuff.) i used to play runescape years ago, then found DDO and I've been addicted to it ever since.
    Last edited by Zyerz; 04-04-2012 at 10:45 PM.

    "Hikari datte, yami datte, kitto"

    Into light, into darkness, surely.

  2. #42
    Community Member brian14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,895

    Default

    /not signed

    More accurately:

    /no freaking way!

    The fact that DDO does not have what OP suggested is the very reason I chose it over WoW.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

    "Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

  3. #43
    Community Member grgurius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    788

    Default

    Gah, undead thread. Kill it, kill it with fire.

  4. #44
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    94

    Default

    NO!!! The only way I would accept this is if you could *flag* for the PvP(makes you able to attack/ be attacked)in a wilderness area,this game is not about PvP,if the wilderness areas become a gank zone I'll cancel my sub,let's see how long the game lasts if somthing like this goes live....

  5. #45
    Community Member laurawilder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Vedykar Enclave
    Posts
    202

    Default

    Bad idea. This aspect of gameplay abused ruined the gameplay to mob play 15 years ago with UO. Just be happy you have the taverns to impress yourself.

  6. #46
    Community Member Four20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
    no just no.

    way to much potential for griefing and for people like me who have zero interest in pvp, getting my ship buffs, heading running towards quest only to get ganked would be probably enough to make me quit.

    hob
    but that's the point of having pve and pvp servers. granted they would have to introduce/set servers for this. . .its possible to have the feature but not effect anyone.

    sad thing is that pvp is so far from balanced that they can't introduce this type of feature

  7. #47
    Community Member NevynLyghtwalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    5

    Default pvp in tavern not enough?

    does anyone who lurks in the pvp pits not know that you can challenge an other player or even another party from the focus orb and goto a larger pvp area than any in the taverns? most of the guildies and friends i run with use this as a means of testing new equipment and spells instead of going into the tavern due to the rude behaviour of most people in them.

  8. #48
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    531

    Default

    friends and guildies wont nessisarily do their worst. pvp pit they will

    open city pvp instance: the worst will always come to the worst.

  9. #49
    Founder & Build Synthesis Battlehawke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    2,311

    Default pvp

    It it might drive the people who love to solo a little crazy.

    ...I hope you don't own a gun in r/l
    The Best Server: Gallhanda

    Looking for a great guild? Check Out Our Guild: http://www.oldtimersguild.com/vb/forum.php

    Looking for some good builds to play? https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...for-Characters

  10. #50
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    144

    Default

    love the rationale: "here's another game, go play that." and I'm absolutely positive the turbine bean counters love that suggestion, too.

    I like this idea... all wilderness zones getting a mirror zone that allows for pvp... I also think that you should be able to xp in the pvp zones... because, why not?

    I don't know that this is a meaningful update, but I think the idea of getting ganked while trying to farm slayers would be awesome... I want to get stuck at 11/12 explorers because there's a group of sneaky ninjas waiting to gank anyone who tries to get thru a chokepoint to an explorer point. that's the kind of challenge I like best.

  11. #51

    Default

    No PvP changes. What we have is sufficient, well actually I wouldn't mind if they removed that as well.

    As for your idea directly, allowing for forced PvP (any on attack anyone in a wilderness area) it is one of the worst PvP ideas ever. They should never give a way for forced PvP, and as long as PvE objectives (kill count, quests, rare encounters, ecplore achievments) exist in wilderness areas then it would require PvE players to subject themselves to the PvP and all it's foolishness.

  12. #52
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drakos View Post
    No PvP changes. What we have is sufficient, well actually I wouldn't mind if they removed that as well.

    As for your idea directly, allowing for forced PvP (any on attack anyone in a wilderness area) it is one of the worst PvP ideas ever. They should never give a way for forced PvP, and as long as PvE objectives (kill count, quests, rare encounters, ecplore achievments) exist in wilderness areas then it would require PvE players to subject themselves to the PvP and all it's foolishness.
    you've made a mistake... The idea is for a mirror-instance to be created... The only thing it would force you to do is click the "pve" box instead of the "pvp" box when entering a wilderness zone... PvE would be a private instance in which only you and your party would be involved and the PvP instance would be one where all the wild animals go... I'd assume there would be respawns, as many many people would stay in there and have fun all day.

  13. #53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prowessss View Post
    you've made a mistake... The idea is for a mirror-instance to be created... The only thing it would force you to do is click the "pve" box instead of the "pvp" box when entering a wilderness zone... PvE would be a private instance in which only you and your party would be involved and the PvP instance would be one where all the wild animals go... I'd assume there would be respawns, as many many people would stay in there and have fun all day.
    My post was to the OP. You later changed the idea to be Mirror instances. Either way I am opposed to the idea, as we don't need any more PvP in this game, and could do without whst it has as is.

    At the very most I suggest they just leave PvP as is, why waste the time it would take to remove it. But since I maintain that this game does not need PvP and it actually goes against the Cooperative game play of the source material, no time need be spent by the dev team on it.

  14. #54
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drakos View Post
    My post was to the OP. You later changed the idea to be Mirror instances. Either way I am opposed to the idea, as we don't need any more PvP in this game, and could do without whst it has as is.

    At the very most I suggest they just leave PvP as is, why waste the time it would take to remove it. But since I maintain that this game does not need PvP and it actually goes against the Cooperative game play of the source material, no time need be spent by the dev team on it.
    Yes, i've seen this argument before... I guess, I've been away from this forum too long, as it is seeing a resurgence in its validity...
    I believe that without an alternative to cooperation, no cooperation exists, rather, you've ONLY got the illusion of cooperation... You're all free.....to do exactly what everyone else is doing...

    I thought the idea of mirrors was given... it was not me who added the concept... I read it from someone else.. I guess the OP was not nearly concise enough as to his vision... but anyone should be able to ration that he meant an addition to the game, and not replacing current features...
    Last edited by prowessss; 04-13-2012 at 12:55 PM. Reason: added bottom bit

  15. #55
    Community Member EnjoyTheJourney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    River of Optimism :)
    Posts
    676

    Default

    As one suggested change for PvP, switch the default options around so that accepting PvP challenges from other players is an "opt in" choice (off by default), rather than an "opt out" choice (the current default setting).

    In more general terms, please confine any changes to PvP to the kinds of changes that move it further away--or better yet completely out of sight of--the PvE part of the game. For example, give the PvP brawling pits a different chat channel so that those who don't enjoy PvP will, by default, not have PvP trash talk scrolling down their default chat channel.

  16. #56
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackyLigar View Post
    that would be a fantastic arena for a sorc who can insta kill you through a half dozen walls. but ye, i've used it quite a lot. it always goes back to the lobster at some point tho as the hammer smith is fundimentaly flawed. the hight to get back out of it. you jump down kill a few ppl and are hurt or otherwise disadvantaged, out of spell points, whatever, and u need to get back out before someone can jump down to kill you in your vulnerability. there has to be both opertunity to be had for people to try and seize it and a change to avoid being hit by it. the lobster is the only pit that fits the bill. its also close to the newb respawn which is where it needs to be so the newbs can see all the flashy stuff the big boys can do.
    Ahhhhhhhh. Makes sense. Thanks for enlightening me.

  17. #57
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    531

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EnjoyTheJourney View Post
    As one suggested change for PvP, switch the default options around so that accepting PvP challenges from other players is an "opt in" choice (off by default), rather than an "opt out" choice (the current default setting).

    In more general terms, please confine any changes to PvP to the kinds of changes that move it further away--or better yet completely out of sight of--the PvE part of the game. For example, give the PvP brawling pits a different chat channel so that those who don't enjoy PvP will, by default, not have PvP trash talk scrolling down their default chat channel.
    i disagree completely on both parts general chat is basicly unused as it is. when it is used it's only used for trash talk. not always pk pvp trash talk but trash talk none the less. usualy mk pvp trash talk.

    but if separate pvp instances of harbor, market etc were to be enabled, i could see the usefulness in a separate pvp gen channle. oh ye also would be nice if it were completely unmoderated.

  18. #58
    Community Member Bosco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    815

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SirFox357 View Post
    This is just a suggestion for pvp. instead of having pvp in just taverns, I think that people can attack eachother in the wilderness at anytime. and for the wilderness, you can see other people in the wilderness even out of party. So it can add a more interesting experience to pvp raids. also it will help guilds make territories in the wilderness and have an all around better experience for guild vs. guild. oh and if you guys end up taking up that idea, can you add in the idea "tents"? if you don't get my idea check out planeshift. people basically can put a tent down at anytime(the tents will basically be like small taverns, and rest shrines) and go on in there. it will help guilds prepare for the raids and trust me, if Turbine does this, it will make the game so much more fun when it comes to PVP and Raids.
    please take this idea!!!
    This is a bad idea for one reason alone. Class balancing. Any game that has a large pvp enviroment has an even bigger problem of balancing the classes against each other.


    What inevitably happens is an outcry of players that feel some class is overpowered. This leads to an overall nerf accross all classes.

    PVP mmo's need to start out as pvp mmo's. Turbine was very smart making PVP a novelty and leaving it at that.

  19. #59
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    531

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
    This is a bad idea for one reason alone. Class balancing. Any game that has a large pvp enviroment has an even bigger problem of balancing the classes against each other.
    this is just some rhetoric right here. posed as if any of these points werent aplicable to pvm...... some gimpy servers still haven't begun letting rogs into ToD, lmfao.

  20. #60
    Community Member sdrocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    470

    Default

    Just no. no way no how never.

    id quit and never play again if i had to run a gauntlet of gankers on my way to anything. this is not what i signed up for or pay for. i would probably even ask for a refund of all my money ive ever spent as i'd now no longer have what i payed for.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload