Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

leave pvp as it is. tavern brawling. There is no factioning and therefore no incentive to hunt other players other than to grief them, which is not what anyone wants.
    Proud member of Renowned, Thelanis server.

Quote Originally Posted by protokon View Post
    leave pvp as it is. tavern brawling. There is no factioning and therefore no incentive to hunt other players other than to grief them, which is not what anyone wants.
    And fix Dots!!

Also, not signed
    >P E S T I L E N C E<
    >T H E L A N I S<

MADE - NITROUS - PSYCOTIK - MAYAJI - BLINDFOLD - RAGNAROKS - UUBER - EPICFARMING - HEYY

It should be a seperate instance of the area. When you enter, something like the quest diff window pops up and asks you whether you want normal or PvP. If you click PvP, your transported to a PvP area with no enemies, rares, or explorers. Anyone else in there can attack you. Level instances would be nice too.
    Madness....YESZ! THIS! IS! XORIAT!

Quote Originally Posted by airavon View Post
    It should be a seperate instance of the area. When you enter, something like the quest diff window pops up and asks you whether you want normal or PvP. If you click PvP, your transported to a PvP area with no enemies, rares, or explorers. Anyone else in there can attack you. Level instances would be nice too.
    Or you could just leave it as is.

This game isn't balanced for pvp so forcing it onto people just doesn't work. As long as it stays a completely optional thing, most people don't mind it (or at least tolerate it). I wouldn't mind if they expanded pvp a bit more than it is currently and this comes from someone with no interest in it and my main would be completely useless in a pvp situation.

If a new wilderness area were added that was just a large pvp pit and there were at least some minor safeguards put in place to counter things like camping, then sure I'll sign off on that, as long as a non pvp'er has no reason whatsoever to actually go there for any pve reason.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by Arctik View Post
    Go back to runescape.
    Sorry this ain't gonna happen.
    Yeah, that game sounds perfect for ya!
    I'm piking at work.
    I disarm traps........with my face!

While I don't like the idea of attacking unsuspecting people doing their thing in the wilderness area, I DO like the idea of a bigger pvp area (just for that purpose) compared to claustrophobia-inducing tavern corners where you could make use of the given terrain.
    Feel free to contradict yourself!

Community Member

I'd like to have at least one big area for pvp, but addind it to existing wildernesses would be a bad idea.
    Kmnh * Kmn * Kmm * Knn * Knm

Leader of Templar

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by scottmike0 View Post
    that would be cool, pvp in the wilderness is awesome and i dont mean like people just going out in like a searing hieghts instanance i mean like a insntant that has tons of stuff to collect like first person to get to 10 streak wins something. and the difficulty should have like one = levels 3-5 and then 6-10 and then 11 to 14 and 15-17 and 18-20 so that its a fair enough chance for any to win
    thank you, someone obviously has a good idea. I mean cmon guys, its JUST AN IDEA. Stop flaming at me for a friggin idea. and like I said. have one wilderness area just for pvp with another for just questing. Now do you guys get it?

Community Member

Here. if you guys didn't understand it well enough. I meant: there are two choices when you go into the wilderness. 1. xp area, and 2. pvp. same map same everything. except for one there is no pvp and only questing and the other wilderness map there is pvp and no xp.

THATS what I meant. you feel me?

Community Member

I myself just want to tavern brawl in somewhere other than the lobster now and then... Am I the *only* one who finds the hammersmith arena to be far superior to the pit?

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BrennanRiesling View Post
    I myself just want to tavern brawl in somewhere other than the lobster now and then... Am I the *only* one who finds the hammersmith arena to be far superior to the pit?
    *Turns Undead*

Please don't raise the dead threads. ( in other word don't necro threads, especially PvP related ones )

Edit : oh and IBTL
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    Sadly, the taverns are just big enough.

Ever seen anyone do the Capture the Flag PvP option? The one that even now goes to an outdoor, or at least larger, environment? Yeah... there is a reason for that.
    i was thinking from your previous posts that this might be the reasoning that was driving your conclusions. citing anything about the pvp arenas to support these claims is flawed in both premise and control.

these have only limited uses for the problems with initiating them. they're bugged and very poorly coded. each of the tavern challenge agents are supposed to automatically pair you up with anyone else who has checked the same boxes with any other agent all over the server, as stated by the challenge agent dialog. this function is fail.

their use is so limited by poor coding that the pvp arenas are in the disuse that they are.

now when considering that revelation with
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    I only support this idea if it'd get the PvP out of the taverns. If there were no quest-givers in the Lobster, I'd never go in there. I hate, hate, hate having PvP in taverns.
    this, i'm left with only one conclusion. that one conclusion runs completely contrary with every claim you've made that pvp is just such a teensy weensy minority and that you legitimately believe as such......
    Last edited by BlackyLigar; 04-01-2012 at 05:02 PM.

Has the OP been playing Runescape lately or something?

Quite frankly it ends up like this... the most powerful players in the game just destroying any other characters that they encounter.

This is just an awful idea...
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafeningWhisper View Post
    I agree with the feathered marsupial.

Community Member

that would be a fantastic arena for a sorc who can insta kill you through a half dozen walls. but ye, i've used it quite a lot. it always goes back to the lobster at some point tho as the hammer smith is fundimentaly flawed. the hight to get back out of it. you jump down kill a few ppl and are hurt or otherwise disadvantaged, out of spell points, whatever, and u need to get back out before someone can jump down to kill you in your vulnerability. there has to be both opertunity to be had for people to try and seize it and a change to avoid being hit by it. the lobster is the only pit that fits the bill. its also close to the newb respawn which is where it needs to be so the newbs can see all the flashy stuff the big boys can do.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzacoala View Post
    Has the OP been playing Runescape lately or something?

Quite frankly it ends up like this... the most powerful players in the game just destroying any other characters that they encounter.

This is just an awful idea...
    i think the poster is possibly completely unexpirenced with pvp in this game outside of forums and lfms.

it's so lethal as it stands that skill can fully bridge major disparaties in equipment. anyone whose even taken a glance at the pvp scene would be forced to admit that if they were the sort of person that could be bound by the facts of any matter at all.
    Last edited by BlackyLigar; 04-01-2012 at 06:19 PM.

I have no interest. But -

What if when you click on the door to the wilderness area...one or all...whatever.

When you click on door you get option to enter PvP or... there is a small door next to the big one... enter the small door...open PvP. Enter regular gate, instanced wilderness.

That way...both groups get what they want... you are basically just borrowing a map.

08-31-2011, 02:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by SirFox357 View Post
    Here. if you guys didn't understand it well enough. I meant: there are two choices when you go into the wilderness. 1. xp area, and 2. pvp. same map same everything. except for one there is no pvp and only questing and the other wilderness map there is pvp and no xp.

THATS what I meant. you feel me?
    03-29-2012, 08:15 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    *Turns Undead*

Please don't raise the dead threads. ( in other word don't necro threads, especially PvP related ones )

Edit : oh and IBTL
    As Flav noted, unless you're directly reinforcing a topic you have a vested interest in (and even then, if it's been dead long enough, no) you should make a new thread.

As for the topic itself: Not that a guild oriented pvp system of locations wouldn't provide an interesting side area for those interested, but the suggestion as offered is just too extreme to properly address.

So if you do decide to nec up something, perhaps something a bit less prone to give us nightmares?
    Last edited by Dagolar; 04-03-2012 at 01:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraphim View Post
    Fly? That would break every quest in the game. You would see folks falling from the sky in Korthos and dying. It would be a rain of newbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Yeah. It's not "we nuked the city from orbit", it's "the city experienced a brief population drop". Check.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackyLigar View Post
    if it's still on the first page it's fair game

Quote Originally Posted by SirFox357 View Post
    This is just a suggestion for pvp. instead of having pvp in just taverns, I think that people can attack eachother in the wilderness at anytime.
    please take this idea!!!
    This has already been done ....

Its called Battlefield 3

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3

Go play that !

PS: I like PvP BUT this game is not designed around it. I would imagine what we have is all we are gonna get and I am 100% ok with that
    " Elize Ryd - Officer @ Band of Gypsys "

" Trapped in my skin - See the nexus in my dreams - But will you bury me within? "

Amaranthe - The NeXuS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast