Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Docents and puppies

If I, for instance, pull a BTC docent from somewhere - can I stick that on my puppy?

i'm not at all sure how the gearing works - is there a screenie somewhere?
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

You do drag and drop your equipment from your inventory right onto the pet so it sounds like it might work, though I haven't actually BtC stuff myself. I'd also be interested in knowing if it works on the pet.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

The dog can equip docents that are bound to your account or character.
    Server - Thelanis
    Diaries of a True Reincarnate (Wizard, Sorcerer, Melee, Divine, Artificer, Druid)

Quote Originally Posted by MrCow View Post
    The dog can equip docents that are bound to your account or character.
    So, blademark's docent at L5 for dog, Gorgon at L8, or craft something? I'll have to make a dragontouched docent just for my dog...heavy fort, crushing wave guard, and disintegration guard or something like that if using him as tank.

Heh so I can load it up with my BTC Docent of Defiance?

Awesome

Community Member Tenkari_Rozahas's Avatar

Though i think Pet equipment is bugged.... put a +1 docent of lesser cold resistance on my dog and it didnt get any cold resistance on its sheet, and its module wasnt giving +1 fire damage per attack.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwbarry View Post
    Your doomsaying of doom does not meet the doom regulations for doom font, doom color, or doom spelling, specifically the number of "o"s. Please take a moment and correct these glaring doom issues.

Community Member Culver.Civello's Avatar

I tried buying a Docent from the store and putting that on my dog, but it didn't work. I'm thinking it is because the 'Race Absolutely Required: Warforged' on it... which doesn't seem to be on any of the other docents I have put on my dog, and considering the dog is a construct but not specifically a WF. >.> I'm curious if this is WAI or they just didn't change anything in the store to work with the new update maybe? Idk. Just thought I'd throw that out there... Docents from the store do not work on pets.

Lost Legions of Sarlona................................. Tyrs Paladium of Ghallanda
    Kobay . Kobai . Artisti . Kobot . Ezike . Dynic.......................... Ezike . Kobai
    Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    I knew i should have actually tested this.

Community Member Tenkari_Rozahas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Culver.Civello View Post
    I tried buying a Docent from the store and putting that on my dog, but it didn't work. I'm thinking it is because the 'Race Absolutely Required: Warforged' on it... which doesn't seem to be on any of the other docents I have put on my dog, and considering the dog is a construct but not specifically a WF. >.> I'm curious if this is WAI or they just didn't change anything in the store to work with the new update maybe? Idk. Just thought I'd throw that out there... Docents from the store do not work on pets.
    I believe DDO store bought items are "player only"
    Quote Originally Posted by jwbarry View Post
    Your doomsaying of doom does not meet the doom regulations for doom font, doom color, or doom spelling, specifically the number of "o"s. Please take a moment and correct these glaring doom issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenkari_Rozahas
    Though i think Pet equipment is bugged.... put a +1 docent of lesser cold resistance on my dog and it didnt get any cold resistance on its sheet
    The pet benefits from the resists. It just currently does not show on the pet's character sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves
    Heh so I can load it up with my BTC Docent of Defiance?

Awesome
    Yep.

Server - Thelanis
    Diaries of a True Reincarnate (Wizard, Sorcerer, Melee, Divine, Artificer, Druid)

What's the range on your equip function? Do you have to be reasonably close?

Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves
    What's the range on your equip function? Do you have to be reasonably close?
    Currently you just have to be in the same zone, it appears. I haven't done any major checking of this, but I have been able to equip my dog, residing near the DeGenev Brothers, while I was at the southern end of the marketplace by the Artificer trainer.
    Server - Thelanis

DoD is cool!

Saw someone put the unsuppressed Quorforged into one.
    Sarkiki - Orexis - Pallikaria - Epithymia - Musouka - Empnefsi | Cannith Server

Just to clarify...can you get the docent from your pet back when you want or does it keep it permanently? Don't think I want to give it a DoD if I can't take it back.

You can recoup the docent if you remove it from him. However I think someone mentioned it gets destroyed if you LR/GR (and consequently get stuck on the boat).

The modules are what throw me.

Crafted a Ghost touch of PG since Ive been encountering annoying situations with undead.

Apparently it just changed the damage type to good....no d6 was involved. WAI?

If that is the case it might be more beneficial to put unique proc effects instead when there isnt some DR to be bypassed.

(Also, its kinda annoying to try and grab trap parts when you are one of 4-5 other arti's with 1000% exp......mind putting trap parts back in the store on lama for testing? Its rather hard to test the modules when each time I need to specifically farm something each time I want to test a new effect (and only get 1 part per trap it seems))
    Chelos - TRing multiclassing support
    One of the top scorers of the 2011 and 2012 PAX EAST challenge and winner of 2 Lifetime memberships to DDO.
    "S" of Team BAS (2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandryte View Post
    The modules are what throw me.

Crafted a Ghost touch of PG since Ive been encountering annoying situations with undead.

Apparently it just changed the damage type to good....no d6 was involved. WAI?
    I think those are bugged. I crafted a pair of +2 Flaiming Burst Handwraps of Pure Good into a Module, and the only thing that changed was the good DR bypass....no extra damage. The Artificer elemental damage infusions also didn't work on the pet modules.(guess I should have bug reported those)
    Harmonious Balance: ~Nimzaraka~, ~Nimalika~, ~Nimfu~, ~Pseudonim~, Nimhish, ...more Nim's in other places
    DDOCast Build Guild: Limm Dul the Necromancer
    My Builds: The Thriller - Melee Shapeshifter(broken) - Battle Sniper

When you first put the docent on your dog, he gets a cute little striped sweater on.

After he's dismissed and resummoned, the cosmetic effect goes away unless you take the docent back off, then re-equip it.

FYI

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandryte View Post
    However I think someone mentioned it gets destroyed if you LR/GR (and consequently get stuck on the boat).
    I was rather vocal about that. ^^;

What happened was:

I TR'ed a copied character into an Artificer. Thinking I'd be smart (and having a preference for melees), I tried to make it into a melee-artificer. It sucked.... horribly. Solution: Lesser Reincarnate. Picked up a normal Lesser Heart of Wood (no + for level exchanging) and promptly LR'ed at character level 6. I failed to notice before doing the LR, however, that I did not remove the Blademark's Docent from my pet. Once I completed the LR (quite successfully, perhaps because it didn't give me class exchange choices like Vet Status), I remembered about the docent and went to unequip it. It disappeared. It just disappeared. It wasn't in my bags, my bank, TR cache, or pet. Completely gone. Really bothered me a bit, but I was glad it happened on the test server instead of live.
    Quote Originally Posted by macubrae View Post
    A Dwarf's beard should be thick, strong and long enough to tuck under your belt (to keep kobolds from swinging on it and giants from swinging us by them).

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

I think the Modules are adding extra damage, but it's not displaying right in the overhead damage numbers.

Check your combat log. Even though I wasn't seeing the numbers, on my pet with +3 holy burst, I would still see that the pet was dealing a small amount of good damage.
    RedShirt / Roleplayer of Giant Slayers, Inc. on Thelanis, formerly Tharashk.
    Member of the DDO Player Council

Coldin-Artificer; Lynton-Bard; Alydyn-Swashbuckler;
    Takai-
    Monk; Rosein-Paladin; Ellyiana-Cleric; Aurixs-Sorcerer

Community Member

Just remember that if you are warforged and you happen to loot a great docent - you have to ROLL for it with your dog!

Quote Originally Posted by Coldin View Post
    I think the Modules are adding extra damage, but it's not displaying right in the overhead damage numbers.

Check your combat log. Even though I wasn't seeing the numbers, on my pet with +3 holy burst, I would still see that the pet was dealing a small amount of good damage.
    While the numbers were only singles for me, I was seeing shocking and acid death animations from the modules I equipped mine with.
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast