Default GAAAAH, apology number two, today sucks for me

I have found out something about my computer I didn't know before - it has a button that turns off the internet. Found it, and DCd at the start of E6 VON. The party had 3 FVS, so I hope it finished, took me half an hour of restarting and verifying my wireless before my 10 year old says - "what about this button?" (she apparently had already found it....)

Time to log for the day, I think... ugh
    Indel
    Athealas - L20 Dr Cl, Indel - L20 Elf Rngr(ranged), Zirak - L20 Dw Barb(2WF), Axen - L13 Dw Barb(2HF), Aghilles - L20 H Ranger(Tempest), Ankalegon - L20 Dr Sorc, Ingole - L7 TR2X Drow Mage, Azealas - L18 Dr Cl, Kamaivin - L20 H Mo, Turaneuma, L13 Dr Mechanic Rogue

/spew

Community Member Angel_Barchild's Avatar

Okay maybe you don't know how things work on Khyber. I will say it again. We do not apologies! Especially when it is our fault.

This is what you should have said.
    Lost Internet connection just before saving a bunch of gimps in E Von6. Poor bastards probably wiped without me. Oh well.
    Awww, that's so sweet....oooh something shiney....look an airship....Gak! There's a halfing chasing me!
    An alternate forum exsist! PM me.
    ►►► I SURVIVED THE ENDLESS BANNING EVENT OF 2010 ◄◄◄

Quote Originally Posted by Indel_Eventine View Post
    I have found out something about my computer I didn't know before - it has a button that turns off the internet. Found it, and DCd at the start of E6 VON. The party had 3 FVS, so I hope it finished, took me half an hour of restarting and verifying my wireless before my 10 year old says - "what about this button?" (she apparently had already found it....)

I have a button on my keyboard, not a laptop mind you but a keyboard, that turns off my computer with no prompt. I also have one that puts it in sleep mode and bugs DDO out.

I am quite annoyed whenever I accidentally hit either. Wiped a hox as the bard and stone runner one time because I hit the sleep key and couldn't move after that.

Worse thing is when you hit the [X] while in window mode when you mean to close some other window or minimize.
    Leader - Ωmega Syndicate [L41] guild of Khyber|Orien - www.os.rumbaar.net
    Khyber - Eldraine - Monk | Eldaline - Favored Soul | Eldnuker - Sorcerer
    █████ - Eldalorne - Wizard | Elarawr - Fighter | Eldrainge - Ranger/Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by TheDjinnFor View Post
    I have a button on my keyboard, not a laptop mind you but a keyboard, that turns off my computer with no prompt. I also have one that puts it in sleep mode and bugs DDO out.

I am quite annoyed whenever I accidentally hit either. Wiped a hox as the bard and stone runner one time because I hit the sleep key and couldn't move after that.
    URGH!! I used to have a keyboard like that. I would bet any amount that it was designed by someone who didn't have cats.

Anyway. I fixed the sleep and reboot keys with a fork: stick the prongs under the key, press down on the handle and...*pop!* there goes the offending key

The Windows key is another annoying one that usually immediately flies off any keyboard I acquire.
    Playing on Khyber, in guild Simple: now lvl 67!
    Main character: Naxius
    Support changes to armor kits! http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=356387

GORNN 16:2
    Epistle to the Sarlonans

The Sarlonans hath apologized once too many. Forsooth Gornn came and smote them asunder, scattering them to the four winds. Thereafter they were a Righteous people, bypassing good DR for all time.
    Khyber:Greenberry, Jemric, Qashta, Leuk, Thurradal + many others

Quote Originally Posted by Angel_Barchild View Post
    Okay maybe you don't know how things work on Khyber. I will say it again. We do not apologies! Especially when it is our fault.

Lost Internet connection just before saving a bunch of gimps in E Von6. Poor bastards probably wiped without me. Oh well.
    I understand, it was all Angel's fault...
    Indel
    Athealas - L20 Dr Cl, Indel - L20 Elf Rngr(ranged), Zirak - L20 Dw Barb(2WF), Axen - L13 Dw Barb(2HF), Aghilles - L20 H Ranger(Tempest), Ankalegon - L20 Dr Sorc, Ingole - L7 TR2X Drow Mage, Azealas - L18 Dr Cl, Kamaivin - L20 H Mo, Turaneuma, L13 Dr Mechanic Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Tuberculozis View Post
    URGH!! I used to have a keyboard like that. I would bet any amount that it was designed by someone who didn't have cats.

Anyway. I fixed the sleep and reboot keys with a fork: stick the prongs under the key, press down on the handle and...*pop!* there goes the offending key

The Windows key is another annoying one that usually immediately flies off any keyboard I acquire.
    Lol. My cat has done that to me as well, not by hitting the keyboard but by turning off my power stip.
    My real forum Join date is July 2007. Maybe one day someone will develop the awsome technology to fix this currently unfixable bug.

Meridia Suburb of Stormreach, Xen'Drik. But have a vacation home in Cordova, Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Rydin_Dirtay View Post
    GORNN 16:2
    Epistle to the Sarlonans

The Sarlonans hath apologized once too many. Forsooth Gornn came and smote them asunder, scattering them to the four winds. Thereafter they were a Righteous people, bypassing good DR for all time.
    The High Rabbi of DDO declares this apocryphal epistle verse to be Kosher.
    -Khyber- Loreseekers, Guild Leader
    Hordorabbi ~ Hordiva ~ Hordazzle ~ Hordorc ~ Hordeau ~ And dozens of other HordoToons™!
    High Rabbi of DDO
    Loreseekers Guild ~ H.o.r.d.o.'s How-To Guides @Loreseekers

I was one of the 3 FvS in that group. Even with 1 healer per platform, we did not have enough DPS on platform 1 (In fact, only 2 people there) and the other 2 FvS had to drink sev. pots. We had to redo djiins after 1 fail, and then all those in platform 1 died.

We failed, so no need to worry about leaving us. A fourth healer would not have changed anything there :P
    DCing happens and real life > video games, and you shouldn't care about those that would hate you for it.
    Besides, the leader dismissed you right after you DCed.

Sithali-1 ~ 31/31 Lives ~ Completionist
    OMNIPRESENCE
    The Sith Project ~ Youtube channel ~ Sithali, King of Burst DPS ~ Pyrene, the Endgame Paladin ~ Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Angel_Barchild View Post
    You just gotta love people with narcissistic personality traits!

Quote Originally Posted by Symerith View Post
    I was one of the 3 FvS in that group. Even with 1 healer per platform, we did not have enough DPS on platform 1 (In fact, only 2 people there) and the other 2 FvS had to drink sev. pots. We had to redo djiins after 1 fail, and then all those in platform 1 died.

We failed, so no need to worry about leaving us. A fourth healer would not have changed anything there :P
    DCing happens and real life > video games, and you shouldn't care about those that would hate you for it.
    Besides, the leader dismissed you right after you DCed.
    [Thelanis flame]
    Must really $uck being on Khyber
    [/Thelanis flame]

Community Member Angel_Barchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BrightAsh View Post
    You just gotta love people with narcissistic personality traits!

[Thelanis flame]
    Must really $uck being on Khyber
    [/Thelanis flame]
    Are you calling me a blatant attention monger? I mean it's true but...
    Oh well never mind.
    Awww, that's so sweet....oooh something shiney....look an airship....Gak! There's a halfing chasing me!
    An alternate forum exsist! PM me.
    ►►► I SURVIVED THE ENDLESS BANNING EVENT OF 2010 ◄◄◄

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheDjinnFor View Post

You can disable these, I did for similar reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumbaar View Post
    Worse thing is when you hit the [X] while in window mode when you mean to close some other window or minimize.
    Yeah...I've done this one a few times sadly. As soon as you click it, there is that split second where everything stops before closing and you say "****!".
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Um, I'm almost afraid to ask, but exactly just what is 'sneak humping'?
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.

"If you can't solve your puzzle, hit alt+f4"

"Type /death count to see how many times you have died in the game"

Entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Hordo View Post
    The High Rabbi of DDO declares this apocryphal epistle verse to be Kosher.
    And thus Gornn let loose Hordo, not to save the party, but so the party may be wiped by his hand.

So sayeth we all.

Ramen.
    Smrti///Warcrye///Dukkha///Nomey///Dhaarmika///Smrtiheals
    Focused Melee Discussion as of U17
    Proud Gimp of Crimson Eagles and now Loreseekers!

Community Member krackythehoodedone's Avatar

1, Never apologise we are Khyberians.
    2, Blame lag
    3, Blame Hordo
    4, Blame anything that springs to mind that categorically proves that you werent responsible

Quote Originally Posted by Indel_Eventine View Post

Lol, smart little girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuberculozis View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Narmolanya View Post
    Lol. My cat has done that to me as well, not by hitting the keyboard but by turning off my power stip.
    Quote Originally Posted by TEcarson View Post
    Yeah...I've done this one a few times sadly. As soon as you click it, there is that split second where everything stops before closing and you say "****!".
    Now if you hear a nuclear control expert say "Opsay, where is the nearest bomb shelter?", then we Khyberians shall all be worried.