Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Default signed

signed

I want my illusive monk 18 illusionist / 2 monk

Sorry about qouting myself but just had to do it

This is from the thread: vote for new race! by InsanityIsYourFriend

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    Yark!

Kobolds and Gnomes in "The Little People" pack - Could also bring in Goblins as enemies {Goblins occupy the Stormreach sewers forcing Kobolds out into the light. Goldscuttle {Lvl 20 Artificer} leads the resistance ably aided by Edlin {Lvl 18 Sorceror} and The Exile {Lvl 18 Fav Soul}.
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    The little people pack! I like that.
    There's your answer guys and girls.

Yark, Yark and Dizafrabadoo!

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    Sorry about qouting myself but just had to do it

This is from the thread: vote for new race! by InsanityIsYourFriend

There's your answer guys and girls.

Yark, Yark and Dizafrabadoo!
    Only if we give the gnomes USEFUL stat bonuses like +2Int/Dex, -2Str/Wis (Tinker Gnome) because -2Str/+2Con really won't make them useful for anything...than I definately approve

Give Kobolds +2Cha/-2Str....or +2Cha/Con, -2Str/Int (Allow Kobolds to use Crystal Cove emotes....that +2 Cha in my books :P)

This will make a great combo and cover two of the three missing stats leaving just Wisdom (For that I vote one of the Anthro Races)

GO LITTLE PEOPLE PACK!!!!!
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 12-12-2011 at 10:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Arrow

It would be about the easiest to employ in ddo,

But, kalashtar would be better.

We would need more illusion spells & a way to balance the different types of gnomes into a master or favored race.

And, Garn Glittergold needs to be here as a boss or something that continues his story line ,.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    "I like pie. Pie is delicious." "You know, cake is better", and a sudden nerf gun war breaks out because Pie is supreme. Then someone says, "What about dinner?"

Quote Originally Posted by ferd View Post
    It would be about the easiest to employ in ddo
    Agreed and they would go with the new Cannith House (and im sure a few illusionists would be hanging in House P)[/quote]

But, kalashtar would be better.
    Why their just Dark Skinned Humans with glowing eyes that don't get Half-Elf Dilly or an Extra Feat/Skill and honestly would pretty much HAVE to come bundled with at least one Psion Class.

We would need more illusion spells & a way to balance the different types of gnomes into a master or favored race.
    So....its quite likely that if they make Gnomes they will come with Illsuion Spells in tow (ie. When Palemaster was Released so were bunch of new Neg Energy Spells..Savants Released we got a bunch of new elemental spells)

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    This will make a great combo and cover two of the three missing stats leaving just Wisdom (For that I vote one of the Anthro Races)
    This are what I was talking about

Anthropomorphic Bat: -4 Str +6 Wis -2 Cha, small, 5 ft./fly 20 ft. average(easy featherfall & +10 Jump possible immune to knockdown), blindsense (could be Blindness Immune or just Bonuses top Spot & Search...or both), druid, monstrous humanoid, savage species pg.215

They could also make it so you could choose Rat, Cat, Toad, Monkey, Lizard,etc. as the cosmetic option during Char creation similar to the Warforged Dark/Light Wood option.
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 12-12-2011 at 10:05 PM.
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Community Member

Gnomes... yes. They are a core race after all.

But no Tinker gnomes ! Tinker gnomes don't belong to Eberron. And we certainly don't need a race with Int-bonus combined with a malus to something no one cares about on any wizzy/arty-build and with some racial magical ability.

Would be the last nail to the Drow-coffin. And as race Tinker-gnomes would be used for only 2 classes - making them lmore focused than any other race thus mingling race and class again.

Normal Gnomes with a con-boost and str-malus would be ok in any non-mellee class. Not overwhelming (depending on enhancements), but ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Satinavian View Post
    Gnomes... yes. They are a core race after all.
    Being Core is still a stupid reason to add something.

But no Tinker gnomes ! Tinker gnomes don't belong to Eberron.
    Why not

And we certainly don't need a race with Int-bonus combined with a malus to something no one cares about on any wizzy/arty-build and with some racial magical ability.
    Actually yeah we do...we also need a Wisdom Race and a Cha Race...personally I think Drow should be made +2Cha/-2Con and 32 Enabled. A non-Retroactive change of course...unless you opt-in.

Would be the last nail to the Drow-coffin.
    The drow race was killed of shortly after it release....there was a flood of dwizzzit's than they slowly vanished when people realized limiting them to 28pts was stupid...or possibly they realized that the fact that the sun blinds them doesn't make adventuring outside very fun.

And as race Tinker-gnomes would be used for only 2 classes - making them more focused than any other race thus mingling race and class again.
    Tinker gnomes would be useful as Rogues,Wizards,Artificers

Other Races currently hold these

Half-Orc: Fighter, Barb and some Paladins (THF Only)
    Half-Elf: All and freely uses AA
    Human: All
    Elf: None....this NEEDS to be fixed
    Halfling: Rogues, Bards, Artificers
    Drow: TWF Paladins
    Warforged: Wizard, Sorc, FvS
    Dwarf: Fighter & Paladin Tanks

In order of amount of classes their best in (including Tinker Gnome)

H-Elf (Wins by ability to use AA on any class)
    Human
    Tinker Gnome/Halfling/Warforged
    Half-Orc
    Dwarf
    Drow
    Elf

Now lets look at normal Gnomes +2 Con -2Str

Artificer? Nope Human, Halfling or H-Elf are far superior
    Barbarian? Con Boost is nice but not worth Str Hit and Half-Orc & Warforged have better racials for it so nope
    Bard? No reall bonuses here your better off with Halfling,Human or H-Elf
    Cleric? Again no reason not go Human or H-ELf
    FvS? See Cleric
    Fighter? -2 Str nope
    Monk? -2 Str Nope
    Ranger? -2 Str nope
    Rogue? -2 Str less crippling than other classes but nothing really useful to offset it
    Sorc? OK here he would be helpful +2 Con makes for better savant ability but Human, H-Elf or Warforged are still better for this slot
    Wiz? +1 Illusion is nice but is pointless since Human/H-Elves can match that just by having a higher Int score and Warforged have the bopnus of wicked self-healing

So verdict...+2Con/-2Str Gnomes would make Ok Sorcerors and suck in everything else while tinker gnomes would be competitive as Wizards, Rogues, Artificers and a handful of Bards putting up with some of the most used races in the game.

See the thing is currently Human/H-Elf are GOOD at everything so a race needs to be GREAT at least 1 but preferably 2 or 3 classes to be chosen over them which Gnomes would not make turbine much money Tinker Gnomes on the other hand would make GREAT Artificers,Rogues and Wizards which would make Turbine alot of Money.

Alternatively we could go with Wax's idea

Quote Originally Posted by wax_on_wax_off View Post
    /signed

Bring out 3 gnome subraces simultaneously:
    1. Gnome, +2Con, -2Str, F2P
    2. Tinker Gnome, +2 Int/Dex, -2 Str/Wis, P2P, free to VIPs
    3. Deep Gnome, +2 Dex/Wis, -2 Str/-4 Cha, tough favour unlock (or buy from store)
    \
    Note: Sorry Wax I had to capitalize everything...damn OCD :P
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 12-13-2011 at 08:27 AM.

Running out of halflings and dwarves to toss at enemies?

signed

Community Member

No, the next race should be basilisk.

Community Member

No thanks

My Arty is already named "Nomey" for a reason >.>
    Smrti///Warcrye///Dukkha///Nomey///Dhaarmika///Smrtiheals
    Focused Melee Discussion as of U17
    Proud Gimp of Crimson Eagles and now Loreseekers!

Ugh, ANOTHER one of these threads?

Oh wait, this is a thread that got recently revived, even though we have a ton of these threads.

Keep it all to one thread, please. And I do mean stop bursting into other threads that suggests a race OTHER than gnomes/shifters/kalashtars and going "NO, GNOMES FIRST, GNOMES FIIIIRST!"
    Once I get my moods under control, I might actually get a character past level 7... ooh, shiny!

Paladins got some love! Now for Warpriests...

I'd much rather they spend resources balancing out what we DO have now, fixing bugs, adding more for us to do in the lv 15 and lv 18-20 gaps, decreasing total number of 'ingredients' for crafting, etc.

Gnomes can wait. 5-6 more years. or never. Im good with that.

Community Member BinyaminTsadik's Avatar

Default Gnomes are boring

Gnomes should be included into the core races of the game along with dwarf, elf, human, and halfling.
    They should not cost money, or even make a big deal of their release. They are a core race and nothing special. I agree that they should be included, but not at the cost of another special race.

Quote Originally Posted by AMDarkwolf View Post
    I'd much rather they spend resources balancing out what we DO have now, fixing bugs, adding more for us to do in the lv 15 and lv 18-20 gaps, decreasing total number of 'ingredients' for crafting, etc.

Gnomes can wait. 5-6 more years. or never. Im good with that.
    You know that there's different teams in Turbine they don't just all sit around a single table working on ONE thing

Quote Originally Posted by BinyaminTsadik View Post
    Gnomes should be included into the core races of the game along with dwarf, elf, human, and halfling.
    They should not cost money, or even make a big deal of their release. They are a core race and nothing special. I agree that they should be included, but not at the cost of another special race.
    I agree...Wax had a great idea with this

3. Deep Gnome, +2 Dex/Wis, -2 Str/-4 Cha, tough favour unlock (or buy from store)
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 01-18-2012 at 05:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    That's a lot of races to add simultaneously, each of which requires an attempt* to balance it (which involves much number-crunching), each of which must have different enhancements (planning them alone would take awhile, especially in addition to the number crunching... and then there's PROGRAMMING it.), each of which must be modeled, animated properly, given unique dances, obvious glitches have to be fixed, glitches made from fixing the obvious glitches also have to be fixed, and... yeah.

*Note that saying "attempting to balance something" isn't the same thing as saying "actually balancing something". Turbine makes the attempt, but they, like most MMO developers, have trouble succeeding. Seriously, though, I've yet to meet an MMO with actual balance, and many are just as unbalanced, if not more so, than DDO.
    Once I get my moods under control, I might actually get a character past level 7... ooh, shiny!

Paladins got some love! Now for Warpriests...

Community Member

Definatly gnomes. I was very unhappy when i started playing and there weren't gnomes. I keep hoping they come one day.

As for stats, the Old school rules,

gnomes are -2 str, +1 dex, +1 int, they also get bonus to saves through con like dwarves, have infra vision, a +1 DC bonus to all illusion spells, they also get +1 to traps and locks. they are limited to small weapons, and medium are treated as two handed, can not use large or two handed weapons, only short bows and light cross bows as well. All and all they are a nice race.

Quote Originally Posted by treehugger20 View Post
    As for stats, the Old school rules,

gnomes are -2 str, +1 dex, +1 int, they also get bonus to saves through con like dwarves, have infra vision, a +1 DC bonus to all illusion spells, they also get +1 to traps and locks. they are limited to small weapons, and medium are treated as two handed, can not use large or two handed weapons, only short bows and light cross bows as well. All and all they are a nice race.
    So translated to DDO/3.5 that's -2 Str/Wis, +2Dex/Int (32pt. enabled), +X to Illusion DCs (+1 is probably pretty meaningless in DOD), +X to OL,DD (again +1 pretty meaningless), the size rules will likely be removed...except the Halfling weight rule & Intimidate, Infravision might be translated to a bonus to search & spot.

Making for a solid choice as a Wizard, Artificer, Rogue (Mostly Assassin or Mechanic) or Wiz/Rog

Edit: Well we've officially entered Forgotten Realms Tinker Gnomes officially have an excuse to exist in Eberron
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 01-20-2012 at 06:29 AM.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

I would love to see gnomes. I want to see more core races. They would be the next logical race to add to the game, since they exist in almost every other fantasy game and in the original dungeons and dragons.
    Last edited by axel15810; 01-25-2012 at 05:21 PM.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast