Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile advanced ninja agility (jumping/climbing)

There are some things that always interest me in games like these, one of them is finding "secrets" and near-impossible places to reach. When I have time to spare or have to wait on something I often practice-jump on things or try to reach something I think might be reachable. Since there don't seem to be many or any topics about this I'm making one and maybe people can also post suggestions in this post!

For a good jump you need speed and jump skill (40 max), monks offcourse get the extra speed and abundant step, where favored souls get leap of faith. On top of that it helps to have striding and haste for increased possible distance to jump. It also helps to have some proper feel for the spot you will reach with your jump, because some areas have very small room for error.

on top of the crashed ship in three barrel cove, good luck reaching this one ^^

16 part precision jump in house K

the broken ship in mired in kobold

on top of the map in siegebreaker

on top of the invisible barrier between the inside of cannith and behind the fence

stormcleave outpost, on top of one of the rune pillars (almost all of them can be reached on top)

on top of the mountains in ataraxia

highest reachable point in house K

Climbing trees

On the harbor mast next to the Irestone inlet quest

House Kunderak, above the entrance of Chambers of insanity

On top of the entrance of Running with devils

Marketplace 1

Marketplace 2

Marketplace 3

Marketplace 4

Glitched area of market

above cerulean entrance

high ledge in market

xorian cipher, edge of the map

xorian cipher

tangleroot gorge
    here you have a view on the mountain tops leading to the air altar (north west)

try getting out of that one =)

edge of the mountains, outside view.

view on the outside world, note that there seems to be some kind of mapping on the top left

another angle

The place I want to reach:

house jorasco on top of the city walls,

I hope there are some climbers on the forums that like to do the same, it has been very hard for me to find people in the game that do these things.

~aid
    Last edited by AidanRyuko; 11-12-2012 at 05:54 AM.

I do this a lot, never bothered with screenshots. My main goal wasn't really climbing places I thought unreachable, but to get stuck, and managed to do it hundreds of times. Back on the CM servers I had the same GM come and rescue me every time, was a really nice guy and I think he got a good laugh out of it, having to rescue the same idiot over and over. I enjoy climbing in general, and do it all the time when waiting for something, it's fun and challenging.

I really miss the old ingame agility events, those things were fun, both to take part in and spectate.

benne^
    We're not here on a quest to rescue a man named Arlos, we're here to punish some Kobolds.

Community Member

To the OP - grats on your acomplishments

Say's alot about content though ;/
    Last edited by Brannigan; 08-08-2011 at 12:46 PM.

yea I saw a youtube video of an agility event in harbor, it would be awesome to have one of those again.. (please without snow or other things that lag the game up while you evade traps and have a long fall if you miss)
    Last edited by AidanRyuko; 08-12-2011 at 08:34 PM.

Default some new spots

moved to post 1
    Last edited by AidanRyuko; 07-29-2012 at 08:35 AM. Reason: would delete it if I could

image moved to post 1
    Last edited by AidanRyuko; 07-29-2012 at 08:34 AM. Reason: would delete if I could.

Your climb-fu is decent young grasshopper. Wish I had taken more screenshots of my various climbs, but here's a few I remembered to take.

Secret platform in the harbor, a little south of Cerulean Hills.

On top of the the lv 85 ship.

On The Great Kobold, in Enter the Kobold

On top of the airship in the market. This one is no longer possible, the ship used to be static and solid. Now it moves around and you just pass through it. Funny story, I was logged out on top of that ship when the patch that made it intangible was applied.

This one might be hard to understand, it's next to the entrance to VoD, with the puzzle barrier still up. That castle wall couldn't hold me.

Ok this is not a climb... but it's still an impressive spot to reach. Yup I'm walking on an invisible floor below Amrath.

nice to see some more pictures! I like the airship one, stuff like that is exactly what I like to get on, gotta try that amrath one

Community Member Superspeed_Hi5's Avatar

In the first post on the mast outside of irestone inslet why are you sideways?

Community Member

Default glad I'm not the only one ;)

I spend most of my between quest time doing this. Got to the top of the statue by harbormaster zins house today. Think you can get higher in house k. There's a spot right next to the airship tower if you leap from the top of "tide turns". i could be wrong though, wouldn't be the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by benneburg View Post
    I do this a lot, never bothered with screenshots. My main goal wasn't really climbing places I thought unreachable, but to get stuck, and managed to do it hundreds of times. Back on the CM servers I had the same GM come and rescue me every time, was a really nice guy and I think he got a good laugh out of it, having to rescue the same idiot over and over. I enjoy climbing in general, and do it all the time when waiting for something, it's fun and challenging.

I really miss the old ingame agility events, those things were fun, both to take part in and spectate.

benne^
    The only in game agility event i ever heard of was on the old japanese servers... that never happened in the us even if i wanted it to...

What no pics on top of the aqueduct in the harbor? Ive been up there but that was years ago on my old pc which is trashed now. i know i know... no screenshot so it didnt happen..

Since then they have changed the invis barriers in the harbor quite a few times. this may have been bck before GH aka mod 4 was released...its hard to remember.
    Last edited by adamkatt; 06-24-2012 at 09:53 PM.
    Outatime Exodus
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

Quote Originally Posted by adamkatt View Post
    What no pics on top of the aqueduct in the harbor?
    I've been trying hard to get up there for some time now. It's quite difficult since all harbor outside walls are blocked with invisible barriers, but I think it might be possible to reach it.
    Last edited by Ovrad; 06-25-2012 at 02:05 AM.

mm love the one on top of the airship, and I want to try the amrath one as well, might be fun

I've also tried to get on top of the aquaducts in harbor quite often, I made a monk with 18 lvls + 1 ranger level for it with maxed speed and jump to get the best chance at getting on top via the side where the water falls down, yet I did not succeed at it yet.

that boat in tbc makes for a nice challenge to climb though!

~aid

Quote Originally Posted by AidanRyuko View Post

There are some things that always interest me in games like these, one of them is finding "secrets" and near-impossible places to reach. When I have time to spare or have to wait on something I often practice-jump on things or try to reach something I think might be reachable. Since there don't seem to be many or any topics about this I'm making one and maybe people can also post suggestions in this post!
    You've inspired me . I dug around through some old screenies, ran around for a bit and took some new ones. I'll find some good ones once the launcher stops Examining Programs.

House J Aqueduct #1

Another view (I'll fly around some more, logged out here before servers exploded)

Harbor (I want to get on the Aqueduct there, however I don't think it's possible :/)

House C

I had one from a few years ago when you could get the Head in the Clouds buff in the Market, and you could jump behind the gate to Lordsmarch Plaza, I don't think I have it anymore though.

More to come
    Happy now, you crush kobold dreams?

Stranger than Fiction on Argonnessen
    Tangere - Diroctive - Kendrio - Leucocyte - Merkadist - Perpetuate - Razorbot

Time Bandit

I have quite a few of them but here's a recent one that I found. It's on top of that building in the Marketplace near the entrance to House Cannith:

Oh and on Lamannia, courtesy of some dev who thought it would be funny to reverse gravity everyone:

Look at the heights given in /loc (the oz coordinates) -- you're looking at the entire map of Eberron, albeit from a very, very high altitude...

Quote Originally Posted by Diroctive View Post
    Harbor (I want to get on the Aqueduct there, however I don't think it's possible :/)
    I've been up there, though it required the old Beholder Cookies at the time. I miss those things.
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

I didn't know about the house J aquaducts yet so I had to get on there:P

and this is where I try to get on top of the harbor aquaducts:

pruned to post 1
    Last edited by AidanRyuko; 07-29-2012 at 08:43 AM.

mm wish I could prune the pictures of my latest posts without leaving an empty message (just delete msg afterwards) but that doesn't seem possible.

Anyway, made it fairly high up in house D, though it's not very glorious to see

and offcourse it doesn't always go the way you plan a jump.. sometimes you imprison yourself =)

Community Member

(House D teleporter)

One of the gates in House C (near the Bar)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast