Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Weapon Recipes

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Updated the demon weapon for high-end crafters. Xoriat demons always annoyed me, since I'd either use my regular demon beater and not break dr, or my aberration beater and get no bane. I finally decided on metalline flametouched iron of evil outsider bane, but you need divine level 90 to even attempt metalline so this is only a solution for accomplished crafters.
    --ignore--
    uumm.. why both metalline and flame touched iron? metalline already bypass it as far as i know so you could take a blank item made of steel insted of more expensive one made of special material.
    it might as well make general beater that break DR of both xoriat demons and shavarath devils.
    -----

sorry my error, checked wiki and metalline dont break flametouched iron >.<

There are no demons in shroud, and demons (except Malicia) are chaotic evil, not lawful.

In terms of construct beaters, I've decided to go with two different weapons:

+5 True Chaos Adamantine 2[W] (bludgeon) of Greater Construct Bane
    +5 Holy Burst Adamantine 2[W] (slashing) of Greater Construct Bane

The idea being that the true chaos one gets used on all constructs except the lord of blades, who gets his own crafted beater. He has 80% fort, so the better crit profile of slashing weapons adds some dps. Also, in a pinch the holy version works as a decent backup in elite house c quests after the true chaos weapon shatters into a million pieces from item damage halfway through the quest.

>.< i always thought arraetrikos is a demon...

for LOB (and in general constructs in house c) i have +5 Holy Burst Adamantine 2[W] (slashing) of Greater Construct Bane.

for the inevetable from VON and for the other quest where he is repaired and go bersake (cant remember quest name) i use +5 Anarchic {burst for epic} Adamantine 2[W] (slashing) of Greater Construct Bane to bypass his DR since he is lawful neutral
    Last edited by NarakuSama; 01-30-2013 at 09:10 AM.

Sharp sword, short temper, any questions?
    I'm The Doctor so basically.. Run!

Quote Originally Posted by NarakuSama View Post
    metalline dont break flametouched iron
    Flametouched iron isn't a metal-bypass, it bypasses good.

>.< i always thought arraetrikos is a demon...
    He's a pit fiend, the arch-devils of hell and personal servants to Asmodeus.

for the inevetable from VON and for the other quest where he is repaired and go bersake (cant remember quest name) i use +5 Anarchic {burst for epic} Adamantine 2[W] (slashing) of Greater Construct Bane to bypass his DR since he is lawful neutral
    My issue with anarchic is that it doesn't hurt pretty much any construct except shroud portals. For my general-purpose construct beater I prefer True Chaos, since it hurts virtually all constructs as well as breaks marut dr.

Holy has the same issue, but I only use the holy version against the Lord of Blades and shroud portals (better damage than true chaos) so it doesn't much matter.

Flametouched iron isn't a metal-bypass, it bypasses good.

He's a pit fiend, the arch-devils of hell and personal servants to Asmodeus.

My issue with anarchic is that it doesn't hurt pretty much any construct except shroud portals. For my general-purpose construct beater I prefer True Chaos, since it hurts virtually all constructs as well as breaks marut dr.

Holy has the same issue, but I only use the holy version against the Lord of Blades and shroud portals (better damage than true chaos) so it doesn't much matter.

True chaos need umd so anarchic is the best option after it.
    for constructs who are neutral i would either take elemental damage (fire acid cold) or vicious with greater bane (or just bane if low level)
    when its case like LOB or inevetable or something simillar i take allighned weapon

True chaos need umd so anarchic is the best option after it.
    Very true.

for constructs who are neutral i would either take elemental damage (fire acid cold) or vicious
    Most constructs are neutral. In the case of not using a chaos or good prefix I'd probably go with screaming.

For a general purpose (high level crafter?) construct beater, why not aligned adamantine [blunt] of greater construct bane?

This would cover everything pretty much, including clay golems, marut, and lord of blades. You lose the holy damage ofc, which may be the deal breaker in this, but if you want just one weapon in your pack, I can't think of a better prefix.

On my current TR life, I crafted a +1 aligned adamantine maul of lesser construct bane for use at level 7 (with masterful craftsmanship shard) which I'm probably going to update to the +5 greater construct bane version into epic levels (at which point I'll also try to use a minimum level 20 adamantine maul for the 2[w]).

thing is with epic - GCB isn't as good as smiting - annihilating of smiting probably being king.

Quote Originally Posted by Loriac View Post
    For a general purpose (high level crafter?) construct beater, why not aligned adamantine [blunt] of greater construct bane?
    I like this a lot. The reason it isn't mentioned is because I thought aligned was a suffix. (It used to be, allowing to craft a "metalline of aligned" ultimate dr breaker.)

Next time I'm in the crafting hall I'll verify that it's a prefix and update both this thread and crafting recipes by gear, where it's listed as a suffix.

Smile

Thx for the recipes Ellis

+1

It turns out Aligned is only level 50, meaning 40 to attempt. Since the OP states 35/35/35 crafting levels, I'm counting this as close enough.

I went ahead and rewrote the construct entry completely, and am much happier with it now. Thanks much, +1 to you!

Quote Originally Posted by UurlockYgmeov View Post
    thing is with epic - GCB isn't as good as smiting - annihilating of smiting probably being king.
    well you cant make annihilating of smiting, those shards are not aviable and it would probably be overpower if they are added.

may i ask why blunt?

well you cant make annihilating of smiting, those shards are not aviable and it would probably be overpower if they are added.

may i ask why blunt?
    For use against clay golems, whose dr is adamantine and blunt.

Good info here, thanks!

Community Member

This has to be one of the most useful threads ever... thanks...

Just a couple of clarifying questions though.

Constructs
    Many constructs have DR/Adamantine, so any crafted construct beater should be adamantine. In addition to that, some constructs have more exotic damage reduction to bypass:

Marut: DR/Chaotic
    Lord of Blades: DR/Adamantine AND Good
    Clay Golem: DR/Adamantine AND Bludgeon

All of this can be covered in a single Aligned Adamantine <bludgeon> weapon, leaving the suffix free for construct bane.
    True Chaos is nice because most constructs are neutral, meaning true chaos will hurt them. Anarchic has no UMD check but does no damage to neutrals, so anarchic gives only marginal benefit over aligned. (Anarchic will hurt Maruts and Shroud Portals, so there is some benefit. Just not a ton.) The Lord of Blades has 80% fortification instead of the typical 100% of most constructs, so I went with a greatsword.
    In addition to packs, Maruts are also in f2p quests from at least level 11 on, where my warchanter ran into one. And I can't craft aligned yet, but UMD is at 18 unbuffed and given that it's a bard... so, should I attempt true chaos or anarchic now (Which one? Are there likely to be significant debuff-throwers around where I'll need this thing in the near future?), or try to stretch my essences for leveling until I can attempt aligned?

(Also haven't gotten a second adamantine maul after I screwed up and got it bound, before talking to the guild crafter. Bummer. Bid on a couple in the AH but lost...)

Naturally I'm also still stuck to lesser banes only in what I make myself.

Demons

Holy (Burst) Cold Iron of (Greater) Chaotic Outsider Bane

Demons are Chaotic Evil Outsiders, so you can save some Good essences by makig the bane Chaotic Outsider instead of Evil Outsider.
    One of my toons happened to get a red-slotted cold iron weapon, which looks like it's disjunctable. Does this change things at all, with random loot augments? As in, in the general case, or with a cold iron weapon specifically?

I only remember having seen elemental and spell power rubies so far, anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by mna View Post
    In addition to packs, Maruts are also in f2p quests from at least level 11 on, where my warchanter ran into one. And I can't craft aligned yet, but UMD is at 18 unbuffed and given that it's a bard... so, should I attempt true chaos or anarchic now (Which one? Are there likely to be significant debuff-throwers around where I'll need this thing in the near future?), or try to stretch my essences for leveling until I can attempt aligned?
    True Chaos has a umd check of 20, which if you're at 18 you could just barely hit with a heroism potion if you aren't already using heroism.

Anarchic has no umd check, so if you can just barely equip true chaos but only if you have ship buffs, anarchic is probably a safer bet. The main difference is that anarchic won't hurt golems, most warforged, or those metal dog things.

Note: If your alignment is chaotic neutral or chaotic good, you can equip true chaos natively with no umd needed. For this reason I tend to make most of my characters chaotic neutral, so that I can add true chaos to my adamantine maul of construct bane by level 3.

As far as stretching essences, chaos essences aren't used for very much so it's not a huge deal to save them. Unlike, say, good essences, which seem to be used for everything useful. heh.

One of my toons happened to get a red-slotted cold iron weapon, which looks like it's disjunctable. Does this change things at all, with random loot augments? As in, in the general case, or with a cold iron weapon specifically?
    This is a total score; nice find!

Without question, I would slot byeshk bypass in the red slot. That way you can make it a standard demon beater and have it also break the dr of xoriat demons:

holy of chaotic outsider bane (cheaper, virtually perfect)
    holy of evil outsider bane (more expensive/higher level, but can be used on the lawful evil efreet who surround the demon queen)

In the end evil bane is technically better, but don't feel that chaotic bane is bad.

Xoriat demons are found in Harbinger of Madness, Reign of Madness, and the old Hound raid from Vale of Twilight that nobody runs anymore. If you don't have the madness packs, I'd slot silver bypass in the red and go holy of evil outsider bane to make it an all-in-one demon and devil beater.

EDIT: To clarify on chaos essences not being used for much, I think I only ever use chaos essences to make true chaos. It's also used for lawful outsider bane, but I long since switched to evil outsider bane. No doubt they're used for more stuff -- probably vicious, off the top of my head -- but they aren't used in any recipes I actually craft outside of true chaos.

Community Member

True Chaos has a umd check of 20, which if you're at 18 you could just barely hit with a heroism potion if you aren't already using heroism.

Anarchic has no umd check, so if you can just barely equip true chaos but only if you have ship buffs, anarchic is probably a safer bet. The main difference is that anarchic won't hurt golems, most warforged, or those metal dog things.
    ...given that it's a bard, heroism (or equivalent, such as good hope) is something that has been on most of the time since level 5 or so. Even before that there were the Korthos UMD swap gloves and focusing chant. And it's a human so skill boost is there too... it can hit 25 UMD for 20 seconds by now, if necessary.

Unless debuffed significantly, which is what I was asking about... BTDT, with race-restricted gear.

(Red slot on a cold iron weapon)
    This is a total score; nice find!

Without question, I would slot byeshk bypass in the red slot. That way you can make it a standard demon beater and have it also break the dr of xoriat demons:

Xoriat demons are found in Harbinger of Madness, Reign of Madness, and the old Hound raid from Vale of Twilight that nobody runs anymore. If you don't have the madness packs, I'd slot silver bypass in the red and go holy of evil outsider bane to make it an all-in-one demon and devil beater.
    Um. So byeshk and silver rubies can be had from random loot? Haven't noticed any in the auction house yet, at _any_ price. (Then again I usually sort by price and stop browsing at the first 6-figure prices...)
    Last edited by mna; 05-30-2013 at 02:51 AM.

Um. So byeshk and silver rubies can be had from random loot? Haven't noticed any in the auction house yet, at _any_ price. (Then again I usually sort by price and stop browsing at the first 6-figure prices...)
    Yes, they are unbound random drops but they are pretty rare and also valuable, so I doubt many people would auction them.

You can buy them from the epic trader in the twelve for 20 epic tokens. Not cheap, I know.

Community Member

I happened to notice that the section on devils is technically not exactly correct as of nowadays... not sure if it changes anything much though.

Devils / Vampires
    Holy (Burst) Silver of (Greater) Lawful Outsider Bane
    Devils don't show up until after level 15 with the exception of devil assault. Devil assault normal is level 6, and the ML7 version should do fine in there. Having never run devil assault on anything below elite (usually epic) I can't really say from experience how well it will work, but it should break the dr.
    There are devils in the Cannith Challenges, from level 4 (!) onwards. And those are available even without buying the pack or being VIP, with the daily token thing.

However, at least succubi, despite being devils and not demons, apparently have DR/cold iron and not DR/silver. It is of the "or good" type anyway, but the ML7 version won't break their DR. ML11 or the demon beater will.

One of the bosses in Dr. Rushmore's mansion is a succubus. Non-boss succubi are around from at least level 8 on, don't remember meeting any other kinds of devils yet.
    Last edited by mna; 06-15-2013 at 07:50 PM.

However, at least succubi, despite being devils and not demons, apparently have DR/cold iron and not DR/silver. It is of the "or good" type anyway, but the ML7 version won't break their DR. ML11 or the demon beater will.
    The ML7 demon beater will. It's designed to work on Malicia, who is a succubus and the end boss of the level 5 quest Under the Big Top.

One of the bosses in Dr. Rushmore's mansion is a succubus. Non-boss succubi are around from at least level 8 on, don't remember meeting any other kinds of devils yet.
    Other than a succubus, who can be handled with the ML7 demon beater, what devils are you referring to in challenges? The low level versions typically have sahuagin and elementals instead of devils.

<snip>
    ML13: +4 Ghost Touch of Undead Bane
    <snip>
    Hey Ellis I have been having a think about this and I think having a +4 Holy Of Undead Bane would perhaps be better I know it loses the Ghost Touch but at level 13 you could use the Ethereal Bracers to compensate for that, anyway what do you think about my idea? It kind of goes against your point of saving pack space but it's only 1 extra space taken up, though it does mean gear swapping which is a bummer but with some planning should not be too bad.

Stoner81.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post
    Hey Ellis I have been having a think about this and I think having a +4 Holy Of Undead Bane would perhaps be better I know it loses the Ghost Touch but at level 13 you could use the Ethereal Bracers to compensate for that, anyway what do you think about my idea? It kind of goes against your point of saving pack space but it's only 1 extra space taken up, though it does mean gear swapping which is a bummer but with some planning should not be too bad.
    I do, yes, and I use a silver maul for it so that it's also a nice vampire killer. It's not required, though.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast