Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Weapon Recipes

I Think I can make a slightly better low level weapon for undead than listed here. A flaming flametouched weapon of lesser undead bane (min level 3) beats holy by a little because undead bane adds to the base damage and flaming does extra damage to most undead. At low levels there are a lot of zombie and skellies, so you might want a slicer and a beater.

Quote Originally Posted by davidolson22 View Post
    I Think I can make a slightly better low level weapon for undead than listed here. A flaming flametouched weapon of lesser undead bane (min level 3) beats holy by a little because undead bane adds to the base damage and flaming does extra damage to most undead. At low levels there are a lot of zombie and skellies, so you might want a slicer and a beater.
    Holy does 2d6, flaming does 1d6. I don't think the extra fire damage is more than double.

But the recipe listed here doesn't use either. It has Ghost Touch for a prefix.

EDIT: Oh, are you talking about Flaming of Lesser Undead Bane vs <no prefix> of Undead Bane as the ML3 version? If so, I'm not sure how much the extra damage from flaming is, but the bane only adds an extra +1 damage after the d6s even out so you're probably right. That's a pretty good idea for just the ML3 version, though unfortunately Flaming takes a much higher crafting level than Ghost Touch. If I had the crafting levels I'd rather go with Undead Bane for the extra to-hit (and leaving the prefix open to upgrade later) but I see the merits of your idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloista View Post
    True Chaos is also a very good option for Constructs due to their Neutral nature, and it breaches the DR on Maruts, making it a perfect overall choice.
    Agreed. True chaos is definitely better than anarchic imo, since most constructs are neutral and wouldn't be affected by anarchic damage.

About wraiths, I would do a different weapon from undead beaters. The reason is you will anyway need a ghost touch weapon in IQ on ethreal creatures that are not undeads. I would opt for a ghost touch of pure good for ethereal beings, and holy of undead bane for usual undeads.
    Last edited by Feithlin; 09-10-2011 at 12:28 AM.
    Thelanis: Nassim* (F12/P6/M2) - Talienor** (P18/Ra2) - Feithlin** (F12/Bd7/C1) - Stoneoak* (F12/M6/P2) - Hokusai (M17/F2/C1) - Ardence* (Bd15/F3/Ro2) - Matsushiro* (Ro11/M6/P3) | Argonessen: Luneargent (W18/Ro2) - Talienor (Ro20) - Takshir (Bd16/F2/Ro2) - Hiacynthe (C20) | Ghallanda: A bunch of pre DDO Unlimited characters (field of testing for post U19 )

Quote Originally Posted by Feithlin View Post
    Agreed. True chaos is definitely better than anarchic imo, since most constructs are neutral and wouldn't be affected by anarchic damage.
    The only reason I prefer anarchic is to maximize the damage against shroud portals. If it weren't for that one thing, I'd totally agree. (Though I also like the extra damage against Marut, too.)

Anarchic isn't as good against trash mobs, but I'm not overly concerned with trash mobs anyway. Bear in mind that I have little to no experience in epics, so I could conceivably change my mind pretty quick. heh.

About wraiths, I would do a different weapon from undead beaters. The reason is you will anyway need a ghost touch weapon in IQ on ethreal creatures that are not undeads. I would opt for a ghost touch of pure good for ethereal beings, and holy of undead bane for usual undeads.
    At that point I think I'd craft up a dedicated Ghost Touch of Greater Incorporeal Bane for IQ.

A non specialized weapon I find very handy is: +4 holy of lesser vampirism. It's not very hard to craft and on a hasted TWF melee, it can really help maintaining a good health.
    Thelanis: Nassim* (F12/P6/M2) - Talienor** (P18/Ra2) - Feithlin** (F12/Bd7/C1) - Stoneoak* (F12/M6/P2) - Hokusai (M17/F2/C1) - Ardence* (Bd15/F3/Ro2) - Matsushiro* (Ro11/M6/P3) | Argonessen: Luneargent (W18/Ro2) - Talienor (Ro20) - Takshir (Bd16/F2/Ro2) - Hiacynthe (C20) | Ghallanda: A bunch of pre DDO Unlimited characters (field of testing for post U19 )

I added an aberration weapon recipe to the thread, sticking it after devils and moving the others down one. It's not a particularly useful weapon; I only made it for Harbinger of Madness, and then just because I felt like it as opposed to there being a need. But it does involve a specific metal type so it's probably good to include in this thread.

Quite a fair few constructs are immune to all alignment damage. Arach's Knight is an example.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Quite a fair few constructs are immune to all alignment damage. Arach's Knight is an example.
    While we're at it, we may include some holy adamantine of construct bane for the bane (I think it needs adam+good from what I read, though I didn't test it myself; maybe sirgog can confirm?).

While we're at it, we may include some holy adamantine of construct bane for the bane (I think it needs adam+good from what I read, though I didn't test it myself; maybe sirgog can confirm?).
    Yes, it does.

Holy Adamantine Construct Bane is the #1 thing I'd be crafting at the moment for Lord of Blades.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Thank you for this thread, very useful. I made a pair of each of +4 Khopeshs demon/devils/Ooze beaters.
    I'm still missing Constructs. For a full UMD user with very little space to spare, would Holy Adamantine Bludgeon of constructs do a fine job at breaking Lords of Blades and most Constructs DR?

Very pleased with crafting so far, especially after just a few days of crafting (mid 40s).

Thanks ^^

Quote Originally Posted by bashemgud View Post
    For a full UMD user with very little space to spare, would Holy Adamantine Bludgeon of constructs do a fine job at breaking Lords of Blades and most Constructs DR?
    Yep, that's a fine solution.

The idea behind anarchic is to break Marut DR and hit portals full-strength. Marut is only one boss, and he's not even in a raid so you don't technically need a Marut-beater. Anarchic by and large does nothing to trash mob constructs.

Switching from anarchic to holy to break DR on a raid boss is definitely a fair choice. The only downside is that I'm not sure if holy hits shroud portals or not. Even if not, I'd still probably recommend switching to holy based on the idea that beating raid bosses is more important than beating Marut or shroud portals. The part of shroud with portals is largely a joke nowadays anyway.

I went ahead and updated the construct entry to have the final remaking at level 15 use holy instead of anarchic, editing the narrative to explain the reasoning.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Yep, that's a fine solution.

The idea behind anarchic is to break Marut DR and hit portals full-strength. Marut is only one boss, and he's not even in a raid so you don't technically need a Marut-beater. Anarchic by and large does nothing to trash mob constructs.

Switching from anarchic to holy to break DR on a raid boss is definitely a fair choice. The only downside is that I'm not sure if holy hits shroud portals or not. Even if not, I'd still probably recommend switching to holy based on the idea that beating raid bosses is more important than beating Marut or shroud portals. The part of shroud with portals is largely a joke nowadays anyway.
    The portals are Lawful Evil so holy works just fine.

EDIT:
    .. at least I seem to remember it was good... Its been too long since I checked.
    Last edited by Ikuryo; 09-16-2011 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikuryo View Post
    The portals are Lawful Evil so holy works just fine.

EDIT:
    .. at least I seem to remember it was good... Its been too long since I checked.
    Yeah I whipped out my devil beater last time I ran shroud and the holy was proccing. (Unless that was the lawful outsider bane? heh.)

rusties just damage metal weapons

oozes damage everything but blueshine/everbright and glass
    Formerly Rathic of harvestgain

Community Member

Default Good Ranged Weapon For low to mid level

Got this idea from a guildmate. Keen / Bleeding, add enhancements as you are able to for minimum lvl

Haven't gotten a chance to really examine DPS figures, but this configuration absolutely rocks in the hands of a low-mid level artificer. You would be surprised at just how many mobs are actually susceptible to bleeding damage.

Alts for this would include a possible spiked version for those with the crit enlarging feat.

+1 for this thread. Very cool indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Um, I'm almost afraid to ask, but exactly just what is 'sneak humping'?
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.

Community Member

First off, great thread. Its been very helpful.
    I have a question/comment. There are many elementals in this game that can be a pain to go up against, imo. So I got myself a banishing weapon (love it!). I realize this cant be crafted. But for the sake of reducing the amount of weapons I own, this could also be used for demons and devils, correct? Then would it be a good idea to include the vamps with the undead wep by swapping flametouched iron with silver?

Quote Originally Posted by JoJinx View Post
    First off, great thread. Its been very helpful.
    I have a question/comment. There are many elementals in this game that can be a pain to go up against, imo. So I got myself a banishing weapon (love it!). I realize this cant be crafted. But for the sake of reducing the amount of weapons I own, this could also be used for demons and devils, correct? Then would it be a good idea to include the vamps with the undead wep by swapping flametouched iron with silver?
    All great points. I've been in the process recently of updating my in-game arsenal to include decent elemental beaters (see here and here,) and have even started considering a flaming burst of giant bane for dt rune farming.

Once I get my hot/cold weapons straightened out I'll update the recipes, along with incorporating your ideas here.

Quick question.

Have a silver handwraps and a crafter of 100+ level on each type.

Whats better for evil outsiders? +5 Anarchic Burst of GLOB? Have TOD rings with Holy Burst and Shocking Burst.
    Thelanis - Officer of Reinos Olvidados: Henkyh, Neghi, Konokka, Kufei, Bartolomew, Rovinh, Artinata

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast