Default How is this possible?

Saw this on AH today:

Looks like someone put Wizardry I on a ring, then put it on AH. I thought that once you put a shard on craftable anything, it is bound?

The words "Binds to Character on Equip" seem to be a hint. I suspect that just like BtA items remain BtA after crafting, "Binds on Equip" also remains that way. But I never heard of a ring that binds on Equip.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Unbound shards that are crafted on items make them bind on equip. Bound shards that are crafted on items binds it to character immediately.

You can craft both bound and unbound shards. You do craft unbound blanks.

Perhaps when you put an unbound shard on an unbound blank it results in an unbound item.

Edit: I see Shadow beat me to it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by shadow_419 View Post
    Unbound shards that are crafted on items make them bind on equip.
    Really? Is this a recent change? That is good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Quote Originally Posted by brian14 View Post
    Saw this on AH today:

Looks like someone put Wizardry I on a ring, then put it on AH. I thought that once you put a shard on craftable anything, it is bound?

The words "Binds to Character on Equip" seem to be a hint. I suspect that just like BtA items remain BtA after crafting, "Binds on Equip" also remains that way. But I never heard of a ring that binds on Equip.
    That's a nice little ring - cheap and would be fun to hand out on Korthos.

Quote Originally Posted by BoBo2020 View Post
    That's a nice little ring - cheap and would be fun to hand out on Korthos.
    I'm assuming a little sarcasm there... otherwise, if you find 25k-35k pp to be cheap, I'll gladly meet you in game for a donation to the Po' Character Fund.

Quote Originally Posted by arch0njw View Post
    I'm assuming a little sarcasm there... otherwise, if you find 25k-35k pp to be cheap, I'll gladly meet you in game for a donation to the Po' Character Fund.
    I meant relatively cheap to make if you are a crafter and are in a "giving" mood. I was not recommending buying it.

I have been making and distributing some low level items to random folks as they step off the boat.

These have been warmly received:
    feather fall rings (ML 1 - requires 18 greater essences, 12 lesser and some glittering dust)
    ML 1 light fortification items (ML 1 - requires 3 greater, 4 lesser essences),

Just good fun.

Quote Originally Posted by BoBo2020 View Post
    I meant relatively cheap to make if you are a crafter and are in a "giving" mood. I was not recommending buying it.

I have been making and distributing some low level items to random folks as they step off the boat.

These have been warmly received:
    feather fall rings (ML 1 - requires 18 greater essences, 12 lesser and some glittering dust)
    ML 1 light fortification items (ML 1 - requires 3 greater, 4 lesser essences),

Just good fun.
    You have now just given me a reason to craft. I have little patience for it since it feels so useless. But items like this would, as you say, be warmly received.

Crafting for Charity!!!

You know I am running with my guildies tonight but I have a feeling on Friday or Sat I am gonna have to give this a shot.

I like spending time in the lowbie areas with my cleric and healing / DVing the lowbie casters when they wipe and show up in a bar, this has that same feeling to it.

Pay it forward eh!

Quote Originally Posted by SiliconScout View Post
    You know I am running with my guildies tonight but I have a feeling on Friday or Sat I am gonna have to give this a shot.

I like spending time in the lowbie areas with my cleric and healing / DVing the lowbie casters when they wipe and show up in a bar, this has that same feeling to it.

Pay it forward eh!
    Just a note of caution, Light fortification (unbound) shards only require a level 23 elemental crafter. Wizardry 1 requires level 28 in arcane. Those milestones are pretty easy to reach. Feather Fall on the other hand is level 93 elemental (and it took me a fair amount of effort to the point where I can no-fail craft these). There are definitely lots of easy to craft shards, however, that new folks would appreciate on a ring or boots or whatever.

There is a reason ML 1 Feather Fall items are 100k+ on AH. Looks like devs made sure this does not change.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"