Default Is it me, or a bug?

When I use the 3 types of crafting machines in house K, this is what I experience.

Decontruction - no problems at all, I use it, it works quickly and I can walk away no problem.

Shard Construction machine - If I use it, LAG ... it takes several minutes after I hit the craft button
    to do the crafting, then am frozen in a lag spike for about a minute...I get to move 5 feet, frozen in
    another lag spike...move 5 feet...frozen again..ect.. these waves of spikes don't stop for a good 7-10 minutes.

If I just click on the machine, but don't use it...same thing but lasts maybe 4 minutes

The machine you add shards to items with....same thing.

Is this a common problem or is it an issue with my computer ?
    It makes crafting a real chore and very..unfun.
    Planescape City of Doors for DDO endgame. Even dying in certain places can create new adventures.

Where it is cold and wet all day in the U.S.A.

Quote Originally Posted by fatherpirate View Post
    When I use the 3 types of crafting machines in house K, this is what I experience.

Decontruction - no problems at all, I use it, it works quickly and I can walk away no problem.

Shard Construction machine - If I use it, LAG ... it takes several minutes after I hit the craft button
    to do the crafting, then am frozen in a lag spike for about a minute...I get to move 5 feet, frozen in
    another lag spike...move 5 feet...frozen again..ect.. these waves of spikes don't stop for a good 7-10 minutes.

If I just click on the machine, but don't use it...same thing but lasts maybe 4 minutes

The machine you add shards to items with....same thing.

Is this a common problem or is it an issue with my computer ?
    It makes crafting a real chore and very..unfun.
    Try changing crafting hall instances.

Quote Originally Posted by puget View Post
    Try changing crafting hall instances.
    I have, it helps a little. I have also tried crafting in the wee morning hours and
    always get the same effect, however the 'lag spike storm' is shorter, but still there.
    Planescape City of Doors for DDO endgame. Even dying in certain places can create new adventures.

I didn't experience the continuous lag spikes, but it was taking at least a minute from when I clicked the "create" button until it actually did the shard creation last night.

No issue with deconstructing and creating items seemed to go faster, like they cleaned up the sorting algorithm.

Quote Originally Posted by fatherpirate View Post
    I have, it helps a little. I have also tried crafting in the wee morning hours and
    always get the same effect, however the 'lag spike storm' is shorter, but still there.
    Well, I gave up on crafting after 10.2 so I couldn't say. I have only been in there to use the bank (off topic WHY DO WE NEED 2 BANKS IN HOUSE K? Why not put the crafting hall in a house that has no bank?)

This may sound dumb, but try turning down some of your video settings while you are in the hall and see if that will help you, specifically, maybe try turning down the character draw rate. It seems the crafting hut usually always had a ton of character rendering to do.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

I always have extremally big lag (or loading time) when dragging item and shard into machine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

I have noticed it's much worse with a Gargantuan bag filled with lots of very large stacks of shards.
    It's now checking through all your bags to see what you have when you use the machines.

Kambuk

Quote Originally Posted by Kambuk View Post
    I have noticed it's much worse with a Gargantuan bag filled with lots of very large stacks of shards.
    It's now checking through all your bags to see what you have when you use the machines.

Kambuk

Well, that is ok then, it makes a MUCH better time sink this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kambuk View Post

Kambuk
    I didn't think about that, I might try preplanning what I plan on making, take only what
    I need, leave the rest in bank.

I will see if that effects it

THXS

ok, after some experimentation.

The lag spikes come as soon as I click the machine, if I activate it to say check
    needed mats to to a ghost touch...the lag storm starts.
    Now if I just leave that menu open, go make myself a tuna sandwich...it passes and no longer effects
    me in that room.

So clicking on the crafting device triggers the effect.

Now if there is nobody there, late at night...it still happens but is much shorter.

I will guess that some code is getting stuck in a loop on activation...maybe a search of my bags.
    If that is the case and most of the crafting lag is caused when the program searches for matching
    mats....then turbine could slash the crafting lag by getting rid of the search.

If you got rid of the bag search all together...it would only mean that instead of having the stuff pop
    in the crafting slot for us we would have to drag it there ourselves...wupy ding.
    I would rather drag the mats myself and eliminate the lag, than have the mats pop in to save me time
    but instead cause so much lag that any time 'saved' is lost 10 fold by the toon stopping lag.

I would like to see them test to see if eliminating the automated mat loading will reduce the lag.

It's the big list of recipes it needs to fetch and filter each time you open it.