Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Modified column headers to be clickable for sorting
    Modified checkboxes to not auto-filter to save some bandwidth costs
    - You now set all your options and click Apply Filters

Added potential "cost" to display and made sortable (will add potential filter soon)

Corrected a couple errors with data

JJ,

My sheet had the pure good shard listed as +1 potential instead of +2 so your calculator is spitting out bad MLs for items with Pure Good in them. Updating that is the only difference since you last downloaded probably so you should be able to just manually alter it yourself.

-Merrill
    Cannith Crafting Spreadsheet/Calculator http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...26#post3896426

Quote Originally Posted by Merrill_Greeneshade View Post
    JJ,

My sheet had the pure good shard listed as +1 potential instead of +2 so your calculator is spitting out bad MLs for items with Pure Good in them. Updating that is the only difference since you last downloaded probably so you should be able to just manually alter it yourself.

-Merrill
    Thanks -- updated

Added an option to craft in unbound form to the second tab. (you may have to shift-refresh to make sure you don't have the old javascript cached for it to work)

Community Member

Great work. Perfect. So naturally I have things to add!

1) Entering "Crafting Level" only filters the Bound crafting level. Maybe add a checkbox to filter Unbound level instead?

2) Can you add some kind of "Effect Type" filter? I'd love to be able to check an "Attribute" box to see only Intelligence, Strength, etc, or uncheck a "Spell Enhancement" box to filter out Greater Impact I and Lesser Impulse II and Improved Radiance III...

3) On the Crafting tab, choosing Item Type limits what is visible in the other drop-downs. How about making the Prefix and Suffix drop-downs do the reverse: limit what appears in the Item Type drop-down?
    Last edited by shawnvw; 08-28-2011 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnvw View Post
    Great work. Perfect. So naturally I have things to add!

1) Entering "Crafting Level" only filters the Bound crafting level. Maybe add a checkbox to filter Unbound level instead?

2) Can you add some kind of "Effect Type" filter? I'd love to be able to check an "Attribute" box to see only Intelligence, Strength, etc, or uncheck a "Spell Enhancement" box to filter out Greater Impact I and Lesser Impulse II and Improved Radiance III...

3) On the Crafting tab, choosing Item Type limits what is visible in the other drop-downs. How about making the Prefix and Suffix drop-downs do the reverse: limit what appears in the Item Type drop-down?
    Adjusted search screen to allow for filtering on bound or unbound crafting level

As for #2, that would be dependent upon getting the data all tagged with an Effect Type property and to do that I'd need to know the general consensus on what good categorizations would be for it.

Regarding #3, I'll look into it, my goal was to make that page load more quickly by not pre-populating the prefix / suffix drop downs until it could be filtered based on item type. I'll see if I can leverage some caching to let that work.

When using the crafting tab to plan an item the system doesn't provide a recipe for Ranged Alacrity 10% (checked with all item types). The shard shows in the list on the search tab.

Same thing happens for Melee Alacrity 10%.
    Cannith: Lysaer (assassin); Arithon (assassin, too); DrShortLove on the Wand (he's short, he's a cleric, he has a wand and he's not afraid to use it); Mindok the Mind Menace (he's short, he's dead, fear his finger); Naruvek (pewpewpew artificer); Rathain (monk, that is all); Rauven (pewpewpew mechanic); Saruvek (mutt)

Quote Originally Posted by Rauven View Post
    When using the crafting tab to plan an item the system doesn't provide a recipe for Ranged Alacrity 10% (checked with all item types). The shard shows in the list on the search tab.

Same thing happens for Melee Alacrity 10%.
    I just checked Trinket, Main Hand and Shield and both Melee Alacrity 10% and Ranged Alacrity 10% are listed in Suffix drop down.

Quote Originally Posted by jjflanigan View Post
    I just checked Trinket, Main Hand and Shield and both Melee Alacrity 10% and Ranged Alacrity 10% are listed in Suffix drop down.
    Yes, the shard is listed but when you click craft it doesn't give a recipe for the Melee or Ranged Alacrity shards. The item potential, shard to craft and materials needed is blank or, if you include a prefix you only get the prefix recipe.
    Cannith: Lysaer (assassin); Arithon (assassin, too); DrShortLove on the Wand (he's short, he's a cleric, he has a wand and he's not afraid to use it); Mindok the Mind Menace (he's short, he's dead, fear his finger); Naruvek (pewpewpew artificer); Rathain (monk, that is all); Rauven (pewpewpew mechanic); Saruvek (mutt)

Quote Originally Posted by Rauven View Post
    Yes, the shard is listed but when you click craft it doesn't give a recipe for the Melee or Ranged Alacrity shards. The item potential, shard to craft and materials needed is blank or, if you include a prefix you only get the prefix recipe.
    oooh, ok. I misunderstood. I'll look into it.

*EDIT*

Should be fixed now, you may need to shift-refresh to make sure you don't have the old javascript cached.
    Last edited by jjflanigan; 08-30-2011 at 08:27 AM.

Should be fixed now, you may need to shift-refresh to make sure you don't have the old javascript cached.
    Awesome, you are some sort of sauce made of "Win." Maybe

Thank you for the excellent tools you provide to community.

Community Member

+1...good stuff.

Any chance unbound could be a selection on the crafting tab?

Quote Originally Posted by Qindark View Post
    +1...good stuff.

Any chance unbound could be a selection on the crafting tab?
    If you use the "Craft as Unbound" button it will perform all the checks and calculations for the unbound shard version of the item.

Community Member

If you use the "Craft as Unbound" button it will perform all the checks and calculations for the unbound shard version of the item.
    wow, I was either blind, or my browser needed a refresh LOL

again, nice job with this site!

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Default Some corrections

0. Great resource, hope you can update it before you leave.

1. Unbound Potential shard costs are wrong, need to be multiplied by 3.

Potential +6
    25 lesser, for the bound version
    25 lesser, for the unbound version
    Should be
    Potential +6
    25 lesser, for the bound version
    75 lesser (3 stacks of 25), for the unbound version
    etc. for all the Potential shards.

2. Vampirism is a Suffix (like Lesser Vampirism), not a Prefix.
    Author of Info Blue UI Skin (Really wish Turbine would update the skinning interface and enable all the new UI parts.)
    If you don't have an SSD, you should be using DDOPreload (fixes the slow first login issue)

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Also, will you or someone else be able to add the new crafting updates when Update 11 hits live on Sept 12th?

New stuff:
    Crafting bound arrows/bolts (Holy, Acid, Fire, Frost, Shock, and Bane arrows, with an enchantment level of +1 through +5)
    Crafting single-use clickies ("Runestones": 3 types x 4 strengths)
    Masterful Craftsmanship I shard (reduces Enchantment Level by 1, which translates to reducing the ML by 2 as long as the item wasn't ML20+)
    Caster clickies are 1 Enchantment Level lower (2 ML lower)
    Several Greater Bane recipes in the Bound Shard Device incorrectly required three Soul Gems. They now require just one.
    Many regular Bane recipes in the Unbound Shard Device incorrectly required one Soul Gem. They now require a stack of three.
    Author of Info Blue UI Skin (Really wish Turbine would update the skinning interface and enable all the new UI parts.)
    If you don't have an SSD, you should be using DDOPreload (fixes the slow first login issue)

Quote Originally Posted by Backley View Post
    0. Great resource, hope you can update it before you leave.

1. Unbound Potential shard costs are wrong, need to be multiplied by 3.

Should be

etc. for all the Potential shards.

2. Vampirism is a Suffix (like Lesser Vampirism), not a Prefix.
    Both issues should now be resolved.

-JJ

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Aligned is a Suffix, not a Prefix.

Quote Originally Posted by Backley View Post
    Aligned is a Suffix, not a Prefix.
    Fixed.

My search fu being weak, have the Dev's ever addressed the reason why they simply did not put Suffix and Prefix on the shard?

Thanks again for the excellent resource.

Regards,

muffinstufffed
    Now Diving in Lava, with the Lava Divers.

AKA, Cb,Cg,Cj,Cl,Co,Cp,Cq,Cr,Cs,Ct,Cw,Cx,Cz and...Edvard. All the other C's were taken.

Quote Originally Posted by muffinlad View Post
    My search fu being weak, have the Dev's ever addressed the reason why they simply did not put Suffix and Prefix on the shard?
    I don't think so, but the information is there in the names, so it's not really necessary.

X Shard = Prefix
    Shard of Y = Suffix

Now, being able to search by prefix/suffix would be a nice thing.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast