Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rauven View Post
    Anything that could be done to help the process along? If someone were to collect data for you, how would you want it, for example.
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=378504

That has a link to the google document that shows the basic format I use for generating my XML data.

Thank you!

-JJ

I shall see what I can do.
    Cannith: Lysaer (assassin); Arithon (assassin, too); DrShortLove on the Wand (he's short, he's a cleric, he has a wand and he's not afraid to use it); Mindok the Mind Menace (he's short, he's dead, fear his finger); Naruvek (pewpewpew artificer); Rathain (monk, that is all); Rauven (pewpewpew mechanic); Saruvek (mutt)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkyle View Post
    I don't think so, but the information is there in the names, so it's not really necessary.

X Shard = Prefix
    Shard of Y = Suffix

Now, being able to search by prefix/suffix would be a nice thing.
    After update nat armor is 'shard of' and acts that way in most cases... but i found it you add another suffix first (i.e. superior stability) it is still allowing the nat armor to be applied... end re**** = still able to make +3 nat armor of superior stable items

Community Member

Default Update 14

Just curious if you have any idea when your crafting planner will be current with the changes in U14. Ooops, I saw your reply to a simialr question. By the way, just wanna say, that's a great resource which I use frequently. Very much appreciated.
    Last edited by Fairthorne; 07-02-2012 at 04:43 PM.

I had some time to get in game today, got the details for all 65 of the Arcane Flexible Shards and updated the site with the details of them.

I'm going to try to get the new ones (Flexible) added in first because they are easier for me to go through quickly. Then I'll go back through all the previous recipes to make sure they are updated / accurate.

If you see anything wrong in the Flexible shards currently added, just let me know.

I will be adding a "Flexible" filter soon as well as a radio button on the crafting screen for Normal, Flexible or Both to show up in the drop down selections.

Sorry it's taking a while to get updated, I'm hoping to have time to get back in game soon™

-JJ

JJ, you rock. That's all there is to it.

And the banner ad is fine. If you want anyone to see it, it has to be obvious. Hopefully it will help offset a little of your expenses for making this wonderful tool for us.
    A PUG is like a box of chocolates
    Get people to read your post.

2015 DDO Players Council Shoemaker's Avatar

Arrow Compendium vs DDOwiki

Quote Originally Posted by jjflanigan View Post
    I'm in the process of creating an XML feed of all the item effect descriptions. My plan is to let them show up as hover text like Quest Links from the compendium.

I also intend to set them up to display in a separate area on the crafting "Tab"

-JJ
    Hey JJ, if you decide to gather your hover text data from DDOwiki instead of the compendium (more trusted, up-to-date, and accurate) let me know and I would be happy to help you with it. -- ShoeMaker - 11K DDOwiki edits and counting...
    DDOwiki.com sysop ---- ShoeMaker - talk - email
    Cannith - ShoeMaker - SwampBat - ShoeHealz - ShoeSoulz - BatSwamp - ShoeStatz -- Argonnessen - ShoeMaker - SwampBat

All 178 flexible recipes have now been added (as always, let me know if I made any mistakes)

I have a strong feeling I'm going to have to update them again soon as the bonus progression for the spell power boosts are off on all of them except Glaciation from what I saw in game.

-JJ

Holy carp that was mind numbing!

I slipped into Obsessive Compulsive mode and I believe I have all of the recipes updated for MoTU now. If you see any that are incorrect or have a typo (any problems at all really), please let me know and I'll get it fixed.

-JJ

Holy carp that was mind numbing!

I slipped into Obsessive Compulsive mode and I believe I have all of the recipes updated for MoTU now. If you see any that are incorrect or have a typo (any problems at all really), please let me know and I'll get it fixed.

-JJ
    Thank you for the update. One big request for future development, can you provide an option to turn it around. With the flex this becomes even more important. So for an example, let us start with a prefix and/or suffix, and then reduce the list of items to those items that can be used with that prefix/suffix (combo). I know for me anyway I'm often thinking "ok, I need effect X, what can I put it on?"

Added the filters for Flexible Shards to the search tab and the crafting tab

-JJ

The planner is doing something odd with the potential of spell power shards. It appears to be counting them multiple times in the item potential if there are multiples of the same named shard.

To replicate, make any item (shield, ring and trinket) with +36 devotion. Planner will give the final potential as 6, requiring three shards of devotion +36. Same thing occurs with combustion and corrosion.

Thank you for all the work you've done on this great resource. I use it all the time and regularly recommend it to others.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleTimb View Post
    The planner is doing something odd with the potential of spell power shards. It appears to be counting them multiple times in the item potential if there are multiples of the same named shard.

To replicate, make any item (shield, ring and trinket) with +36 devotion. Planner will give the final potential as 6, requiring three shards of devotion +36. Same thing occurs with combustion and corrosion.

Thank you for all the work you've done on this great resource. I use it all the time and regularly recommend it to others.
    DOH! I forgot I was filtering on effect name and now that they are duplicated with different levels and recipes it's causing issues...

I'll look into adding a unique key to each effect so that won't happen anymore. Will try to get it in soon™

-JJ

Added unique IDs to each of the shards so the functionality on the crafting tab should work once more for shards that have multiple recipes.

You may have to SHIFT-Refresh to ensure you have the newest version of the page (hopefully not since I reset the application, but not 100% sure).

-JJ

I've recently had to learn objective-c to start doing mobile development for my job. Would there be any interest in me converting this (or any of my other sites) to an iPhone/iPad based app with offline capabilities?

-JJ

2015 DDO Players Council Shoemaker's Avatar

Default Could you make them Android / RIM (Blackberry) compatible?

I've recently had to learn objective-c to start doing mobile development for my job. Would there be any interest in me converting this (or any of my other sites) to an iPhone/iPad based app with offline capabilities?

-JJ
    Could you make them Android / RIM (Blackberry) compatible?
    DDOwiki.com sysop ---- ShoeMaker - talk - email
    Cannith - ShoeMaker - SwampBat - ShoeHealz - ShoeSoulz - BatSwamp - ShoeStatz -- Argonnessen - ShoeMaker - SwampBat

Quote Originally Posted by Tech13 View Post
    Could you make them Android / RIM (Blackberry) compatible?
    Android is probable since I know Java -- not sure what RIM requires for programming against it, though.

-JJ

-JJ
    Colour me hugely interested, with a vote for Android

+1 for the awesome work
    Crime in multi-storey car parks: it's wrong on so many levels.

I'd love an iOS app.

Also, I'm overwhelmed by the amount of caster enhancments and I've gotten in the habit of filtering out the following "Custom Exclusions:"
    Penetration, Combustion, Corrosion, Glaciation, Impulse, Magnetism, Nullification, Potency, Radiance, Reconstruction, Lore, Resonance, Ardor, Brilliance, Cacophony, Combustion, Efficacy, Erosion, Freeze, Impact, Inferno, Mending, Nihil, Spark
    Which works great. But I'd love it if you could automate the excluding of caster-stuff by including a check box.

Thanks!

Fantastic Website & Planner! I can't believe it took me so long to find this.
    Charater Names: Jeryle, Jerforged, Gerforged, Raybur, Rayber, Raibur, Marreth, Merreth
    Classes Played: Thief Acrobat, Ftr, Barbarian, Cleric, FVS, Caster, Bard, & Monk
    Member of Synergia

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast