Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

can u add a filter by potential please?

i know u can line the results by potential ,but what if im looking for all +3 prefix. and don't want to go through all the rest.

also. great job on the crafter. im using it a lot,thx
    ^^^^^^^^
    This Side UP

All updates should now be applied to the crafting site (please let me know if I missed any of the shard changes).

I'm not sure what the request about "filtering by potential" means, could you clarify a little about exactly what you are wanting?

-JJ

Quote Originally Posted by jjflanigan View Post
    All updates should now be applied to the crafting site (please let me know if I missed any of the shard changes).

I'm not sure what the request about "filtering by potential" means, could you clarify a little about exactly what you are wanting?

-JJ
    I'm thinking on the item builder tab, add a Maximum min level/potential field.

Have it filter out all the stuff that is too high based on your current selections.

So if I select Min Level 3, it will show me all the +0, +1, & +2 shards that are applicable.
    If I add Screaming (+1) to the item, the other boxes update to only show +0 and +1 shards.
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

Default Great work on Crafter..

I love the crafter and it works great as-is.. If I may offer a few suggestions that may make it more user friendly.
    1.) Your spot to plug in crafter levels is set-up as Arcane/Elemental/Divine. This threw me off at first because reading from top to bottom on my character sheet they read as Arcane/Divine/Elemental. Thinking it would be more user friendly if they were in the same order.
    2.) I had come to ask for the Potential Filtering as well. It would simply be a section/spot in the filtering options up top where I could select a "Max Potential:_____" for crafting low-level gear.
    3.) As far as making it auto-update the list based on other selections, that is far too much work in an ever changing crafting system. At some point, it may be nice how-ever to set up a separate side planner or alternative planner similar to the GreenSteel crafter where I can plug in things like Crafting Levels, Min Level of item, and base item type.. Then a lists could pop-up for "Enhancement Bonus", "Prefix", "Suffix".. As I said, the system is changing too much to tackle it right now, maybe in a few updates.
    4.) I see custom exclusions for things you don't want, but don't see custom inclusions if you had a specific thing in mind, say a "+4 enh, Holy, undead bane".
    Depending on your crafting level, it would list +4 enhancement shard, unholy shard, holy shard, lesser undead bane, undead bane, and greater undead bane.

Lastly, I have a question.. I see Position Filters: Plus, Prefix, Suffix, Favor.. What is the Favor?

Quote Originally Posted by masterzzan View Post
    can u add a filter by potential please?

i know u can line the results by potential ,but what if im looking for all +3 prefix. and don't want to go through all the rest.
    What I believe is being asked here, is what I was hoping to find as well.

The request would be for a filter to only show show shards of a certain potential. For instance, I just made a Tier 3 lvl 16 Ring of Master Artifice which has Craftable +3. I do not need to know the shards that could be made with a potential of +4 or greater, only the +3 shards.

I hope this helps to clarify the request a little.

Also, I will be using this from now on. Great Work!
    Fitzroya of the Flame - 25 Monk (Half-Orc) [4th life] | Paschen Dale - 8 Sorcer (Warforged) [4th life] | Fitzaxer - 14 Barbarian (Dwarf) | Shileleigh 4 Artificer / 2 Fighter / 2 Paladin (Warforged) [2nd life]

Added in a Potential filter to main search screen (min & max fields)
    Added in a Potential filter to the crafting screen (max only)
    Adjusted ordering for school filters & levels

I'll see about adding a comma separated inclusion list filter to see only things that match entered text

I'm honestly not sure why I added "Favor" option to the Prefix/Suffix/Plus area, I didn't log a comment when I checked that into my source control and I cannot remember. I don't see anything in my dataset that matches it...strange.
    Last edited by jjflanigan; 12-10-2011 at 02:22 PM.

Cool Awesome!

This one may take a little time, how about some mouse over pop-up descriptions on the different enhancements?

Lightbulb Got another idea..

How about a slot for crafting boosters.. I just noticed I have a metric dozen in the bank. They come in 5%, 10%, 15%, & 20% sizes and would allow someone to craft 11, 11, 12, & 13 levels above their level instead of to 10 levels over with-out the booster.. Might be the difference to craft a shard or not.. Perhaps even adjust your filter so that it shows everything that can be crafted up to 13 levels over in whichever school...

Question After thought...

I just remembered something I wanted to ask.. If there are no rune-arm specific recipes, why is it taking up an extra line?

Quote Originally Posted by Tech13 View Post
    How about a slot for crafting boosters.. I just noticed I have a metric dozen in the bank. They come in 5%, 10%, 15%, & 20% sizes and would allow someone to craft 11, 11, 12, & 13 levels above their level instead of to 10 levels over with-out the booster.. Might be the difference to craft a shard or not.. Perhaps even adjust your filter so that it shows everything that can be crafted up to 13 levels over in whichever school...
    Last time I checked they didn't increase the level that you can craft at, just the % chance for the levels you can hit 50% at normally.
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by Glenalth View Post
    Last time I checked they didn't increase the level that you can craft at, just the % chance for the levels you can hit 50% at normally.
    I thought the cut off was based on the % chance and not the level? So if you have a 45% chance and 5% booster, you can craft it at 50% (Which is cut-off). I'll try one in a minute..

Quote Originally Posted by Tech13 View Post
    They come in 5%, 10%, 15%, & 20% sizes
    IIRC there is a 3% boost available from the in-game House C Favor shop
    The Funniest Thing I've Ever Read
    Toons: Twengor (pal), Margween (Bard/FTR/Rogue), Nestrana (wiz), Ammerlyn (Arti), Ostarin (Monk) on Cannith

Cool Is based on levels and not % chance..

Quote Originally Posted by Glenalth View Post
    My bad, you are correct good sir..

That's a great job!
    Last edited by jejeba86; 12-21-2011 at 12:24 PM.

On the "Crafting" tab, could you add a check-box or something similar for a Shard of Masterful Craftsmanship? Would certainly come in useful when using your planner.
    Quote Originally Posted by macubrae View Post
    A Dwarf's beard should be thick, strong and long enough to tuck under your belt (to keep kobolds from swinging on it and giants from swinging us by them).

Quote Originally Posted by sacredguyver View Post
    On the "Crafting" tab, could you add a check-box or something similar for a Shard of Masterful Craftsmanship? Would certainly come in useful when using your planner.
    What does the shard do?

Quote Originally Posted by jjflanigan View Post
    What does the shard do?
    -2 to the Minimum Level. Can be applied to anything (a new separate effect, not a prefix or suffix). An item with say Total Potential 5 would be ML7 after Masterful Craftsmanship is added (ML9 normally).
    Last edited by cdr; 12-27-2011 at 11:59 AM.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Default Converted essence total

Here's a feature I would like:
    1. Sort the current "Total Required Ingredients:" list so that all the Essences are either at the top or bottom of the list.
    2. To the right of the Essences part of the list, re-list them converted to greaters (at 5 lessers per greater).
    3. To the right or bottom of that, sum them all up into a single "total equivalent greater essences of various types" entry.

As a high level crafter, this total and the non-essence ingredients is all I really care about (and is what I charge others).
    Author of Info Blue UI Skin (Really wish Turbine would update the skinning interface and enable all the new UI parts.)
    If you don't have an SSD, you should be using DDOPreload (fixes the slow first login issue)

Community Member

Default Links to wiki entries for non-essence ingredients

It would be convenient if farmable ingredient items such as soul gems linked to their wiki entries.

This planner is a delight to use and has made the crafting experience very pleasant for me - thank you very much for your efforts.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Some notes or check boxes for miscellaneous Enchantment Level modifiers would be good:
    -2 EL for Masterful Craftmanship I shard (BTA, requires 50 Cannith Favor for BTA Mark of Cannith or Unbound Mark of Cannith from chest drops/AH, or BTA Mark of Cannith from DDO Store)
    +1 EL from Returning Throwing Weapons
    +1 EL from any metal-typed Handwraps
    Author of Info Blue UI Skin (Really wish Turbine would update the skinning interface and enable all the new UI parts.)
    If you don't have an SSD, you should be using DDOPreload (fixes the slow first login issue)

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast