Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jjflanigan View Post
    It seems to be working for me currently. Can you try a full refresh of the page (hold shift while clicking the refresh button for your browser) to make sure nothing "bad" got cached?

I tried to put things in place to keep the caching from happening when it shouldn't but some browsers don't always behave the way I want them to.

There does seem to be some intermittent latency happening with the site again causing some delayed responses when it queries back for the data so I'll put in another ticket with my hosting provider to see if they are aware of any performance issues.

-JJ
    Still nada. I even cleared the cache and all my history and temp internet files just in case.

It's been like this for me for a few days now. IE 9 BTW.

Community Member whereispowderedsilve's Avatar

It's working for me fine. Just tried it out. Google Chrome.
    http://dillonpfaff5.wix.com/theob Sign this!!!: http://goo.gl/vS6htg

DDO toll free support phone#: 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

It seems to be working for me currently. Can you try a full refresh of the page (hold shift while clicking the refresh button for your browser) to make sure nothing "bad" got cached?

I tried to put things in place to keep the caching from happening when it shouldn't but some browsers don't always behave the way I want them to.

There does seem to be some intermittent latency happening with the site again causing some delayed responses when it queries back for the data so I'll put in another ticket with my hosting provider to see if they are aware of any performance issues.

-JJ
    Ok, I think I have it narrowed down, at least for my version of IE9:

It has something to do with the "Item Plus" box not being given a default entry when I go to craft something. i.e. If you do not click the box and put an entry (even if that entry is "Select a Plus Value") it will not return any info on the item to be crafted.

My standard test: (random test item)
    -1. Open the site
    1. Select Docent
    2. Select Deathblock prefix
    3. Select Invulnerability suffix and click Craft as Bound or Craft as Unbound
    returns nothing. ( the Item Plus box is empty by default)

4. Click the "Item Plus" box and select any drop down entry, click the Craft and Bound or Craft as Unbound and your good to go.

Minor issue solved.....now back to crafting.

Thanks again for the site.

The IE issue where the drop down boxes were defaulting to "nothing" is fixed. You should just be able to select the things you want and click craft without caring about the other pieces.

Sorry for that confusion

-JJ

Can I get confirmation from some people that the penalty for returning weapons and metal handwraps has been removed?

-JJ

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

Can I get confirmation from some people that the penalty for returning weapons and metal handwraps has been removed?

-JJ
    Which penalty is that?

Yeah np jj I'll confirm (or refute) it for you tonight.

The penalty is that they (used to?) add +1 enchantment level. I think returners had this removed a while ago, but I'll check both returners and handwraps.

Looks like metal types no longer add to the enchantment level. To test, I looked for the cheapest metal wraps I could find, which ended up being cold iron. So I also picked up a cold iron returning thrower, tossed on +1 and righteous on both, and headed out to the desert to that quest with all the demons and mephits.

Turns out cacodemons and pyrodemons only have dr/good, but there is a fire reaver in there who wiki says has dr/good+cold iron. I actually had to run this twice, since the first time I was in fury which gives me cold iron on all weapons. heh.

Once I finally got everything squared away, both broke dr and neither spent an extra potential from the metal type. I still have them if any further testing is requested. I also tested with my holy elf bane drow beaters, which have no metal type but do bypass good. Those got yellow numbers from the fire reaver. (But orange numbers on cacodemons and pyrodemons, as expected.)

So it does look like a) metal types bypass dr properly on wraps and returning throwers, and b) they no longer add +1 to the enchantment level for crafing purposes.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Great, thank you very much for testing that for me. I'll get the tools updated.

-JJ

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Typo:
    On the Searching tab,
    "Flexible Greater False Life"
    "**Grants +20 maximum health"

(should be "+30"; non-flexible version is described correctly.)
    Author of Info Blue UI Skin (Really wish Turbine would update the skinning interface and enable all the new UI parts.)
    If you don't have an SSD, you should be using DDOPreload (fixes the slow first login issue)

Should be all fixed.

Also fixed an issue that was causing descriptions to sometimes vanish from the search results page.

-JJ

Fixed an issue that cropped up with ingredient searches.

-JJ

Extremely minor bug: listening isn't flagged as a skill for purposes of the "exclude skills" checkbox.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Extremely minor bug: listening isn't flagged as a skill for purposes of the "exclude skills" checkbox.
    Now it is!

-JJ

Default Kudos

Nothing constructive to add. Just wanted to heap praise. Between the website and the app you have demystified crafting for me. Simply wished to say thanks.
    Taiquo Kada, Human Monk, Orien

Corrected some flexible shards I found with missing / incorrect allowed item types

If you see any other data that is incorrect, please let me know

-JJ

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council

First, GREAT tool!

Second, Improved False Life is listing as +30 HP, not +20
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by LrdSlvrhnd View Post
    First, GREAT tool!

Second, Improved False Life is listing as +30 HP, not +20
    Ooops, all fixed again. I was out of sync when I pushed my last changes.

-JJ

I tried to make this item http://cannith.cubicleninja.com/inde...slt=3&aug=None

In game I got an error message that there is already an item with a suffix when I tried to put the proof of poison +4 shard on a ring with a yellow augment and a +13 intimidate shard.

So game thinks proof of poison +4 shard is a suffix but planner says it is a prefix.
    Conn Niall Paladin 20 TRx2
    Cormac Mac Airt Ranger/Rogue 12/1
    Connyl Niall Paladin 1 Connlyssa Paladin/Fighter 18/2

Quote Originally Posted by noneill View Post
    I tried to make this item http://cannith.cubicleninja.com/inde...slt=3&aug=None

In game I got an error message that there is already an item with a suffix when I tried to put the proof of poison +4 shard on a ring with a yellow augment and a +13 intimidate shard.

So game thinks proof of poison +4 shard is a suffix but planner says it is a prefix.
    Yeah, that's one of the "bugged shards". The game still lists the shard like it's a prefix ("XXX Shard" instead of "Shard of XXX") but sometimes treats it like a suffix.

If you add the poison shard on it first, then you can add the intim after, but if you put the intim on first then it won't let you add the poison.

I'm not sure how I can properly account for the "bugged shards" in the planner since I'm not 100% sure which all are messed up like that any longer.

If anyone has ideas of how to handle those shards that act like both a prefix and a suffix depending on the order they are added, I'm open to suggestions

-JJ

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast