Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Apparently some of the shards have been "fixed" and/or adjusted. I'm hoping to get time this weekend to go through them all in game yet again to update my DB for the website and the mobile apps.

-JJ

Default Epic Crafting

How hard would it be to set up a crafting program for Epic items?

Question Database

Quote Originally Posted by jjflanigan View Post
    Apparently some of the shards have been "fixed" and/or adjusted. I'm hoping to get time this weekend to go through them all in game yet again to update my DB for the website and the mobile apps.

-JJ
    JJ, what are you using as a database? I have an Excel spreadsheet (that is WAY outdated now) that I was using as a local planer. I was thinking of writing a php extension for DDOwiki that would allow people to type in a random/crafted item name, and would return some possible stats for the item like a DPS calculator. If I could get a copy of, or reference your database for these it would be a great starting point for the project. Thanks, Shoe...
    DDOwiki.com sysop ---- ShoeMaker - talk - email
    Cannith - ShoeMaker - SwampBat - ShoeHealz - ShoePikes - ShoeStatz -- Argonnessen - ShoeMaker - SwampBat
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Now with real 100% closing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech13 View Post
    JJ, what are you using as a database? I have an Excel spreadsheet (that is WAY outdated now) that I was using as a local planer. I was thinking of writing a php extension for DDOwiki that would allow people to type in a random/crafted item name, and would return some possible stats for the item like a DPS calculator. If I could get a copy of, or reference your database for these it would be a great starting point for the project. Thanks, Shoe...
    I have an excel spreadsheet, an XML file, a sqlite file and a SQL server all with the data in it. I'd be happy to provide one of the file versions to you if you'd like, just let me know which works best for you and where to send it.

-JJ

Quote Originally Posted by RJBsComputer View Post
    How hard would it be to set up a crafting program for Epic items?
    In all honesty I've never done any epic crafting, so I'd have to research it to figure out what is involved in the process to make a crafting program for it. Not sure how complex or anything it might be.

-JJ

Hey jj, you know what might be cool? If you added augments to your planner. They are now relevant for cannith crafting, and can be less than intuitive. Here's an example of an item I'm actually crafting for my ML15 monk:

Was: Wise +6 ring of Balance +7 (ML15)
    Now: Wise +6 ring of Balance +3 w/yellow augment of Deathblock (ML15)

Random lootgen can have exactly one augment at a time, and they are preserved through disjunction:
    Weapons can have red or colorless
    Armor and shields can have blue or colorless
    Accessories can have yellow or colorless

Colorless adds +1 potential, while primary colors (red, blue, yellow) add +2. It's not currently possible for secondary colors (green, purple, orange) to drop on craftable lootgen, but if ever they do they would add +3.

The augments themselves imbue the item they're slotted into with an AML based on the power of the augment.

This would be a fair amount of effort, but I think it would be super useful. I'm envisioning a separate "augment" dropdown alongside the prefix & suffix. You'd need to add logic to handle the AML aspect to it, but it could be worth it.

Even without augments, thanks again for your awesome crafting resource. I use it all the time and couldn't be happier with how it works.

In all honesty I've never done any epic crafting, so I'd have to research it to figure out what is involved in the process to make a crafting program for it. Not sure how complex or anything it might be.
    There isn't any substance to epic crafting, even less so now that the last several endgame packs drop epic items in chests. Old epic items had to be upgraded by combining the base item with a shard, seal and scroll of the same name into the epic crafting altar. Meaning there's really nothing for a crafting planner to do.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Hey jj, you know what might be cool? If you added augments to your planner. They are now relevant for cannith crafting, and can be less than intuitive. Here's an example of an item I'm actually crafting for my ML15 monk:

Was: Wise +6 ring of Balance +7 (ML15)
    Now: Wise +6 ring of Balance +3 w/yellow augment of Deathblock (ML15)

Random lootgen can have exactly one augment at a time, and they are preserved through disjunction:
    Weapons can have red or colorless
    Armor and shields can have blue or colorless
    Accessories can have yellow or colorless

Colorless adds +1 potential, while primary colors (red, blue, yellow) add +2. It's not currently possible for secondary colors (green, purple, orange) to drop on craftable lootgen, but if ever they do they would add +3.

The augments themselves imbue the item they're slotted into with an AML based on the power of the augment.

This would be a fair amount of effort, but I think it would be super useful. I'm envisioning a separate "augment" dropdown alongside the prefix & suffix. You'd need to add logic to handle the AML aspect to it, but it could be worth it.

Even without augments, thanks again for your awesome crafting resource. I use it all the time and couldn't be happier with how it works.
    The options are in place for the augment slots on the web crafting tool (haven't updated the mobile versions yet), so another drop down where you can select which specific augment to apply isn't out of the question.

With the augment effects is there a listing on the wiki (or anywhere else) that lists out the AMLs for the various augment effects?

If I can get source data with all the effects and the impact they have to Cannith crafting it should be fairly easy for me to add in some logic for it.

-JJ

If I can get source data with all the effects and the impact they have to Cannith crafting it should be fairly easy for me to add in some logic for it.
    The initial announcement thread has a code window listing of all the initial augments here, including AML info. (Note that it's not officially AML; I only use that term because it conveys the concept succinctly.)

Here is the wiki listing of purchaseable augments, which notably doesn't include much below AML12 augments. The first link gives closer to the breakdown you're looking for, but I figured toss in the wiki one for completeness.

Neither list includes named augments, but I don't think it would be much of an issue for your planner to just not include named augments.

Here is a thread I put together discussing cannith crafting with augments. You probably don't need anything from that thread, but it gives you an idea of why I think augments would be a nice addition to your planner. (Particularly my first and last posts in that thread.)

Spell power in the whole game (EXCEPT cannith crafting, of course) is now ML-based, and the augments are no different. The basic formula for determining the spell power of a given level:

SP = (ML*3) + 30
    ML = (SP-30) / 3

Just to make sure I am totally clear.

If you have an item that has a colorless augment slot and is currently at ml 15:

• Adding a +4 Strength augment would be "free" and not change the ML at all
    • Adding a +6 Strength augment would immediately shift the item to be ML 20 because that is th ML associated with a +6 stat augment

Basically: if item ML >= augment level, do nothing, if item ML < augment level, item takes on the level of the augment

-JJ

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

If you have an item that has a colorless augment slot and is currently at ml 15:

• Adding a +6 Strength augment would immediately shift the item to be ML 20 because that is th ML associated with a +6 stat augment

Basically: if item ML >= augment level, do nothing, if item ML < augment level, item takes on the level of the augment

-JJ
    Sounds correct to me.

-JJ
    That is the way it is intended to work, yes.

Exactly right.

It's currently bugged in that when you slot an augment, the item takes on the augment kevel even if it's lower than the item's ML. The item correctly recalculates its ML the next time you log in, though. Since this is a bug that helps players, expect it to be fixed immediately.

Alrighty, augments have been added to the crafting tab.

Please let me know if anything doesn't work like you'd expect it to work.

-JJ

2016 DDO Players Council UurlockYgmeov's Avatar

Alrighty, augments have been added to the crafting tab.

Please let me know if anything doesn't work like you'd expect it to work.

-JJ
    saw the recent changes and am very pleased.

Thank you for continuing your work and for all your hard work!

Sounds like U18 has even more augment crystals coming (including toughness) and maybe more that use colorless like skill boosts.

Added in the ability to create a link to a crafted item. Please let me know if anything doesn't work as you'd expect it to.

Example generated link:

http://cannith.cubicleninja.com/inde...on Hit (ML: 4)

-JJ

Win! I love that feature.

Here's the caster sticks I'm looking forward to using for TR: ML8ML12ML16ML20

I notice that the masterful checkbox isn't being saved in the link, but I'm not sure that matters.

Community Member whereispowderedsilve's Avatar

Added in the ability to create a link to a crafted item. Please let me know if anything doesn't work as you'd expect it to.

Example generated link:

http://cannith.cubicleninja.com/inde...on Hit (ML: 4)

-JJ
    THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love you man/bro!(no h*m*) :P! ! ! Cheers! YYYYYYYYAAAA!!!!
    http://dillonpfaff5.wix.com/theob Sign this!!!: http://goo.gl/vS6htg

DDO toll free support phone#: 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

Hey, is it just me or is this site not working for anyone else.

I can get to the site, select the item, and the shards to put on the item, but when I click craft bound or craft unbound nothing happens.

I have tried several permutations and still get nada.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwolfe View Post
    Hey, is it just me or is this site not working for anyone else.

I can get to the site, select the item, and the shards to put on the item, but when I click craft bound or craft unbound nothing happens.

I have tried several permutations and still get nada.

Thanks.
    It seems to be working for me currently. Can you try a full refresh of the page (hold shift while clicking the refresh button for your browser) to make sure nothing "bad" got cached?

I tried to put things in place to keep the caching from happening when it shouldn't but some browsers don't always behave the way I want them to.

There does seem to be some intermittent latency happening with the site again causing some delayed responses when it queries back for the data so I'll put in another ticket with my hosting provider to see if they are aware of any performance issues.

-JJ

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast