Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by wax_on_wax_off View Post
    Wouldn't the ToD savant set be better for +2 MCL?
    Maybe but I d be losing out on 45 hp gs item that I cant fit in elsewhere. Even as is I m casting cold spells at CL 37 if I remember right.

On second thoughts I dont think savant set stacks with full abishi set, I may be wrong on this, I ll check later.
    Last edited by ayspam; 07-16-2012 at 09:05 AM.
    ~~~ R E V E N A N T S ~~~
    Ayspam Life #27/27(Completionist Sorc), Aycare Life #10/10(Evoker FvS), Ayplink Life #22/22(Completionist to be decided), Aygo Life #14/14(Helvesbarian)

Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ayspam View Post
    Maybe but I d be losing out on 45 hp gs item that I cant fit in elsewhere. Even as is I m casting cold spells at CL 37 if I remember right.

On second thoughts I dont think savant set stacks with full abishi set, I may be wrong on this, I ll check later.
    Abishai set is +3 CL, Savant set is +2 MCL, different bonus so I'd say they stack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Welcome to Dungeons and Dragons Online, and thanks for playing!
    Build Index

Holy necro!

Just curious what twists you took and why
    Originally Posted by Eladrin
    I often word things in ways that cause the most speculation and panic, because I'm capricious and mean.
    Argo: Cydia - Ariasa

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenBuddha View Post
    Holy necro!

Just curious what twists you took and why
    Not sure tbh, I know I was last experimenting to get a somewhat decent spell pen, without losing out much dps.

I havent played for a few months now, so I m sure I m lacking some gear thats available now.

I know for a fact that the toon felt incomplete a bit.
    Ayspam Life #27/27(Completionist Sorc), Aycare Life #10/10(Evoker FvS), Ayplink Life #22/22(Completionist to be decided), Aygo Life #14/14(Helvesbarian)

Community Member

Either way the +3 cl to evocation on abashia set does nothing for a sorc since a spell can't go past it's cap and currently every spell caps before level 25 with the exception of max caster level bonus. But even than not all spell are affected by the MCL increase. (otherwise a spell can't go past it's cap so the difference between caster level 27 and 37 is 0 extra damage)
    Last edited by moo_cow; 10-25-2012 at 01:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by moo_cow View Post
    Either way the +3 cl to evocation on abashia set does nothing for a sorc since a spell can't go past it's cap and currently every spell caps before level 25 with the exception of max caster level bonus. But even than not all spell are affected by the MCL increase. (otherwise a spell can't go past it's cap so the difference between caster level 27 and 37 is 0 extra damage)
    What about DI stuff like Dragon Breath?

DC´s for Electric loop, Greater Shout and Prismatic Spray?
    Last edited by Purkilius; 10-26-2012 at 11:59 AM.
    Argo: Hilmir - Purkilius - Jinu - Vignir

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purkilius View Post
    What about DI stuff like Dragon Breath?

DC´s for Electric loop, Greater Shout and Prismatic Spray?
    Electric loop caps at level 5, greater shout isn't based around caster levels it just deals 5d6 +30 damage, and I'm not so sure about prismatic spray (but remember it isn't adding any dc's it is adding caster levels)

and ....

Draconic Incarnation sla's are based on character level instead of caster level

Community Member

Current , yugo, ship, abishi, store.
    Saves are neat, lol @ AC

Community Member

Default Lil update

As some of you might know, I no longer play as much as I used to back in the golden days.

1 night I decided to try something out, that no news for many, but for me who always played non multiclass sorcs this is different for me, and it s fun.

Since I came to understand, that even if I tried my hardest to achieve the highest DCs possible on a pure sorc, I will not be able to beat the DCs of EE mobs anyway.

So I went the "easy way" go shiradi. Sure it a lot of fun. Although I hate waiting on procs, it is a difference. Sometimes good sometimes bad.

Even so I think I made a good toon thats fun for me to play when I do log on that 1 or 2 hours a day to have fun. I dont think I ve lost much of my touch for the game, as I still think I contribute as much I can to whatever group I m in. I only group, I dont solo much anymore, as I like to hang around people and help or just be there for fun and laughs.

So I multiclassed, something I thought I d never do on my beloved sorc.

Without much ado I give you, my Ayspam, I m sure there s many like it, but this is mine.

I wont go into little details, if you re curious PM me.

18 sorc 2 monk

Feats:

Dodge
    Toughness
    Wiz PL
    Sorc PL
    Max
    Hei
    Emp
    MT
    IMT
    EMT
    Etoughness
    Completionist

DCs nothing of note, in the 40s
    HP: 720
    SP: 4kish
    Dodge 16-19%
    AC 65
    Saves: everything in the 40s
    Twists: eternal faith, energy burst, rejuv cocoon.
    Skills: most important skills are where they should be or way above

Savant: Ice
    Ench: full force, full ice

Gear:

Trinket: idol, dex 7
    Cloak: EE mantle of the dragon, wis 7, false life
    HP gs belt
    ring 1: elemental essence, globe of imperial
    ring2: free
    boots: EE surefooted, prot 7
    gloves: purple dragon
    bracers: conva sup parry
    robe: blue, PRR 14
    helm: EE blue +3 cha, nat armor 7, con 7
    neck: EE death locklet, fear immu
    weap: EE silver ingot

Pros, very survivable
    Cons: dont care, I m having fun. all that counts aint it. Dont really know any cons yet.

NB: Too easy to play, not challenging (waiting for procs is kinda meh), lots of fun though (atm that I m only looking for a few hours of play), but really a no brainer (jump cast , jump cast, jump cast, smile if it procs...). Dodge, dodge, blurry, blurry, miss, miss, is fun to see though
    Last edited by ayspam; 03-29-2013 at 07:13 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345