Default Greensteel googles

I'm planning to make some greensteel googles for my Cleric and was wondering about two things:
    1. Does the +150 SP from greensteel items stack with Archmagi items and other items that add SP?
    2. If I make Con Op googles what version would you recommend +45 HP or +150 SP? Also is it worth making the first teer negative for the immunities?

Quote Originally Posted by BadBuy View Post
    I'm planning to make some greensteel googles for my Cleric and was wondering about two things:
    1. Does the +150 SP from greensteel items stack with Archmagi items and other items that add SP?
    2. If I make Con Op googles what version would you recommend +45 HP or +150 SP? Also is it worth making the first teer negative for the immunities?
    1) if you mean the wizardry VII, then no. if you mean the elemental +100 and elemental +50 SP, then yes.
    2) either are good. ultimately, you're going want one HP item and one SP item most likely. on my sorcerer, those wound up being my goggles (which i made immunities/SP/cha skills/conc op and made them first) and my gloves (HP/con skills/min II). which should you make first? well, honestly, unless you're *really* hurting for HP, i'd make the SP item first. 150 SP can fill up 45 HP a lot of times, so as long as you're not dying due to a lack of HP, the SP is (imo) better.

as far as making the first tier negative, well, let me put it this way: if you raid consistently, you will likely have 3 or more different items with archmage on them. which won't stack with wizardry VI. so the real question is whether you feel +1 <stat> skills is worth more than blindness/disease immunity. personally, i'd rather have the immunities. not that they're amazing and necessary all the time, but you'll notice if you don't have them and they're more useful than +1 to some skill you probably never use.

Lancashire UK - Keeper Refugee, Played since beta

I would recommend this item
    Tier 1 +50 sp (+2 cha skills)
    Tier 2 +100sp (+3 cha skills)
    Tier 3 Blindness and disease immunity
    Bonus abilities Concordant opposition +6 wisdom +10 diplomacy +10 haggle

No point taking Wizardry on tier 3 as it wont stack with amarath/hound items, but the elemntal spell power from tier 1 and 2 will stack with everything.
    Last edited by Dexol; 07-23-2011 at 01:36 AM.
    Dex - Leader - THΣ ЏΠΣΔЯТΗΣÐ ΔЯСΔΠΔ
    I don't do serious, it no fun

Quote Originally Posted by Dexol View Post
    I'll second that suggestion - I'm making the same set for my 18 Cleric. Now if I could just pull that last Chimpunk Funk...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertay View Post
    While they were at it though, the devs decided to go on an incredible nerfhammer rampage and left nothing in their wake standing...

Quote Originally Posted by Dexol View Post

No point taking Wizardry on tier 3 as it wont stack with amarath/hound items, but the elemntal spell power from tier 1 and 2 will stack with everything.
    you've got your tiers mixed up. tier 1 is the blindness and disease immunity (or wizardry VI).

2015 DDO Players Council FuzzyDuck81's Avatar

Personally, i'd recommend HP on your conc opp item.. reason being, you're always going to want to have those extra HP but for SP, once you've cast a bunch of spells it just means you've got a bigger gap between current & maximum, so having SP on a slot that you can switch out for another effect as necessary could be a good choice.
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

Quote Originally Posted by BadBuy View Post
    1. Is Greensteel Google better than Google Chrome?
    2. If you have Greensteel Googles open on more than one tab, do you have to cleanse them?
    All that is wrong with DDO, life, taxes, poltics, religion, music, fast food, education, the criminal justice system, the weather, society, the universe, and previously-discontinued-but-now-on-their-way-back snack cakes, is all the fault of Wizards of the Coast. I know this because Fred told me so, and Mind Flayers are smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Philibusta View Post
    1. Is Greensteel Google better than Google Chrome?
    2. If you have Greensteel Googles open on more than one tab, do you have to cleanse them?
    Lol. Yup, Greensteel Google FTW.

I'm sort of an hp junkie so i would recommend 10hp/15hp/20hp conc op to have a nicer buffer to be hit to regain hp/sp with such conc opp