Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Therigar View Post
    If Turbine changes the recipe it won't be. Which, of course, is my point. Crafting isn't really intended to give low-cost competition to existing systems so it really isn't the intent to allow cheap crafting of weapons that are roughly equivalent to greensteel.
    The recipe for Evil Outsider Bane gained a whopping Medium Devil Scale. It's nothing.

Only the Greater Banes and some other high CL shards gained anything of consequence

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenNova View Post
    20 silver khopeshes, scimitars, rapiers, daxes, falchions, greatswords, greataxes, costing less than a min2?
    Not on any server I've seen.
    A glance at Khyber gives me:

400 * 5 = 2000 KPP for the LDSes
    200 * 3 = 600 KPP for the stones
    100 * 5 = 500 KPP for the shrapnel
    50 * (4 + 3) = 350 KPP for the arrowheads and chains
    10 * 4 = 40 KPP for the bones
    = 3490 KPP from larges

150 * 3 = 450 KPP for Funk
    70 * 2 = 140 KPP for Twigs
    80 * 2 = 160 KPP for Pebbles
    ignore others.
    = 750 KPP from Vale ingredients

Ignoring smalls and mediums, that gives 4240 KPP worth of ingredients per MinII.

Now, supposing we put that towards +4 Holy Banes, we'd need silver blanks.

I see, approx.:

200 KPP for Khopeshes
    200 KPP for Greataxes
    100 KPP for Greatswords
    30 KPP for Scimitars
    40 KPP for Rapiers
    20 KPP for Dwarven Axes

Oddly, no Falchions, but by all rights, they should be around 200 KPP.

So let's say 110 KPP on average per blank.

I could buy 20 assorted blanks, and have 2040 left.

Holy is 15 greaters, 80 lessers
    Evil Outsider Bane is 10 greaters, 32 lessers
    +4 is 10 greaters, 80 lessers
    Shards of potential only need to go up to +8, for 200 lessers

So 35 greaters, 392 lessers.

Supposing a cost of 1 KPP per greater, we get 35 KPP per weapon for greaters.
    For lessers, I'm not sure of a cost, as they're so easy to get I've never bought them. Suppose 50 plat per. That gives ~20 KPP in lessers.

So, 55 KPP in essences per weapon. 20 * 55 KPP = 1100

So after essences, we're left with 940 KPP for leveling. Now, the cost of leveling is hard to quantify, but I find it extremely unlikely I lost more than that by breaking down items instead of vendoring them. Even at the height of my leveling, I was still gaining plat on items not worth deconing. And that was using the "proper" method of leveling, not the nearly-zero-loss RUKrazy method.

So, all in all, I think 20 was surprisingly accurate for a number I just guesstimated.

Just wanted to point out someone started this same thread a month and 12 days ago.

There, I linked :

Quote Originally Posted by TheDearLeader View Post
    What's the point of crafting, you ask?

This is the effin point of crafting.

Quote Originally Posted by dkyle View Post
    <Snip: Numbers>
    200kpp khopeshes and gaxes? I guess I should get on that. Lowest I've seen has been 350, though auction house and such I suppose.
    Interesting numbers though.

Edit - yup, looks like prices have fallen a lot now that people know to sell em. That's something at least.
    Last edited by FrozenNova; 07-23-2011 at 12:15 PM.
    Unfamiliar with DDO's combat mechanics? Check here and here.

Just wanted to point out someone started this same thread a month and 12 days ago.

There, I linked :
    Must be nice to get that early-adopter discount. For the rest of us, the top-tier has effectively been priced out of reach. Even still, the second tier versions are quite nice, making it worthwhile to level crafting up to 40/40/40.

Where it is cold and wet all day in the U.S.A.

There, I linked :
    Wow. Now that I see one, I am even less inclined to craft. Appears to me I would only gain about 5 dmg a swing over what my twf heavy pick hurc already has on a normal hit, and only a chance at about 20 more than what I already have on a crit.

Those numbers do not make me want to jump up and run to the crafting hall. I always wondered if my DPS was low on my hurc, and now that I see, at level 15, I am doing JUST fine.

Quote Originally Posted by puget View Post
    Wow. Now that I see one, I am even less inclined to craft. Appears to me I would only gain about 5 dmg a swing over what my twf heavy pick hurc already has on a normal hit, and only a chance at about 20 more than what I already have on a crit.

Those numbers do not make me want to jump up and run to the crafting hall. I always wondered if my DPS was low on my hurc, and now that I see, at level 15, I am doing JUST fine.
    Eh?

You could do the exact same thing I did with a Falchion, but instead w/Silver Heavy Picks. And that's actually from when +4 HBSoGLOB was the highest you could go - they can now be made in +5 Varieties.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123