Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 135
  1. #61
    Founder Dex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    281

    Default

    Currently, BA has a Triumvirate leadership structure, though I am currently carrying the tag in game. If possible I would like to reserve a total of 2-3 spots, for me, Arrilaydill and Digitalthor.
    I'm sure Dill will make it, for Digi it will depend on the time.

    If this gets too big, or if it is more convenient, I will be willing to set up a 25 user ventrilo for the meet, at my expense. This may be a good idea anyway, in the interest of free and open discussion, without worries of getting reported in-game for the inadvertant cussing that is bound to happen, and such...

    Dex
    Dex (HU) - Pal 14 TR2 || Grue (DF) - Monk 12
    Dux (DR) - Bard 18 || Dox (HU) - Cleric 20
    Dax (HU) - Fighter 15 || Tyrael (HU) - FvS 13
    Broken Alliance

  2. #62
    Community Member deadkitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Aurora, CO
    Posts
    936

    Default

    All the guild leaders in one room hugging it out! Oh yeah, this sounds like my kind of party!

    /hugs <3
    Community Kitten Eater! High Priest Vatican Assassin Warlock. Duh Winning!
    Strecth- 20 Favored Soul Plats-1 - 20 Favored Soul Hoochy- 20 Bard Futs- 20 Barb
    Mrsheen- Winning Warlock

  3. #63
    Community Member lammbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Hi everyone, GL of Spellbinders here. I will gladly attend this meeting. I rarely use this forum so if you need to contact me, please do so in-game.

    Because it's easier to read here and in case one of my guild member is not following our guild's loot rules.... here are mine with a slight addendum to clarify:

    Spellbinder Loot Rules:
    1) Your loot is your loot, if you want it, take it. You should NEVER have to roll for your own loot, the server already did that for the entire party.
    2) If you and another player wish to do a 1-for-1 trade of your loot, this is acceptable as long as it is openly discussed and others know this is what is occurring.
    3) If you do not want your loot, you may place it up for roll.
    4) Anyone may roll on this loot.
    5) Passing of loot directly to another member of the party without allowing others to roll is not allowed. The use of tells to say things like "hey buddy, could you just pass me that silently" is not acceptable.
    6) For runs on ToD, where numerous belts and necklaces drop, the commonly established practice is to ask for the item if you see it in the chest. These items drop frequently and eventually you'll end up with more of these items than are really good for your backpack.


    For all (or mostly) Spellbinder runs, I would like to add the following additional guidelines:
    NEED BEFORE GREED should be the first thing that enters your mind when amongst fellow Spellbinders. Remember, these are your friends and traveling companions. What you pass on to them only makes the party that much stronger in the end. These are the people who loan you that scale so you can finish your T3 Greensteel, help you out with boot ingredients, give away extra +2 tomes to those in need. We must look out for each other, this is the Spellbinder way.

    If someone in the party is a specific class and can use an item immediately, the Spellbinder choice to make SHOULD be to allow that player to take it (or if 2 monks for example, they can do a roll-off). The reason "I'll be a <class here> in my next life" is very flimsy and greedy. The other guy can use it right now, not months from now.

    Another one I've recently heard is "I'm collecting one of everything". This is also very dubious and shady. Don't take something a fellow guildy can use just because you want a new shiny. To take something with the intent of not using it when there are others in party who can is anathema to what this guild stands for.


    We have no control over non-Spellbinder groups and therefore anything that happens in a PUG is up to the party leader. When you join a group, you should ask the party leader what his/her loot rules are. Failure to do so could result in you getting angry because Guild X allows things such as:
    1) Passing loot without rolls
    2) Guildies before outsiders
    3) Insert whatever stupid rule here that keeps you from getting loot that you would probably be able to roll for in most groups
    4) This list could go on and on.... I've experienced some strange rules but it's mostly always from the same people in other guilds we complain about

    Not everyone can hold up to Spellbinder standards, but you are expected to! Make us proud to be in this guild where we look out for others, so don't be an ass and tarnish the guild's good name.

    --Addendum--
    The guild member asked:
    Say we have 2 monks and seal of Jied'tzka drops and we have 1 from our guild and 1 person that's not. Is our policy to give it on roll or pass on to guildies?

    My answer:
    Your example is very good in one respect but not in another. In this case, the non-guildie helped complete the quest just like everyone else did and is most likely there for the same reason the rest of us are, the seal for the bracers. Is he any less entitled to try for it just because he's not in our guild? No. He/she should have equal dice roll chances just like he rest of the party.

    The part where this example fails is that the Seal is BTA and therefore, just because I'm on Snod doesn't mean I don't want/need it for my Monk. So in this example of Epic loot, BTA means the class of the toon you are currently running the quest with is irrelevant.



    Regards,
    Snodgrass The Unworthy
    Last edited by lammbo; 07-22-2011 at 11:32 AM.
    Toons: Snodgrass, Ylena, Maxxxe, Stonebrained, iBorg, Ylissa, Kratebane and Quagmyre

  4. #64
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    24

    Thumbs down ummm...

    Ok so i hardly see how this post if going to be effective if the DEVs just decide to selectively remove comments even if they dont mention anyones name AT ALL, pssh. i got an idea, why dont the DEVs have the conversation for us and we can all sit around and read what they want us to read and eat popcorn.

    and if your all so hurt about having ppls character names mentioned in the forums wouldnt you take more action against ppl in game that give away REAL LIFE personal information in trade channels? double standards much.

    and no i dont mean to make drama just ticks me off that i get comments deleted for no reason and then get told it was deleted because of a non factor.

  5. #65
    Community Member edragoon148's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    196

    Default

    I am rather frustrated my initial response was removed -_- In quick summation, i support the effort presented in the OP, I will be representing HoLW, and I feel that regardless of what is or is not solved by bringing the server leadership together, any step toward building a friendlier and more cohesive raiding environment is a step in the right direction.

    v/r

    ~Ira
    Iraelis - Clanggedin - Ayailla - EZBake - Doktr - Memmnor - Zinzerena - Facepalmm
    Capstone Completionist in the Making - Currently on Life 7.
    ~Have Fun. Get Loot. Work as a Team.~

  6. #66
    Community Member phayth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    163

    Default

    It's not a loot thing or rolling on loot that is the focus of this. It's more of a server/community relations problem.
    You can not agree witha loot policy and just not join a raid with that policy and leave it at that. Instead theres always just bickering and nonsense server wide over some of the most ridiculous stuff.
    Phayth Divine
    Legendary Cleric of Cannith
    Darkphayth - Wiz * Unchained - first 20 Horc on any server * Grudgewrath - Barb * Phaythaholic - just Because *

  7. #67
    Community Member lammbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phayth View Post
    It's not a loot thing or rolling on loot that is the focus of this. It's more of a server/community relations problem.
    You can not agree witha loot policy and just not join a raid with that policy and leave it at that. Instead theres always just bickering and nonsense server wide over some of the most ridiculous stuff.
    Gotcha. Someone said some stuff about loot passing and the like so I figured it wouldn't hurt to post it. I'm actually rather proud of those rules and put time and effort into making sure members of my guild follow them. I try to stay out of the drama as much as possible and I actually know/play with several other guild leaders already. I'd hate to think my guild is at the center of any server-wide strife (and seriously doubt we are), but sometimes gaining the perspective of another may aid in improving guild relations.
    Last edited by lammbo; 07-22-2011 at 06:49 PM.
    Toons: Snodgrass, Ylena, Maxxxe, Stonebrained, iBorg, Ylissa, Kratebane and Quagmyre

  8. #68
    Community Member Noelemahc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dex View Post
    Currently, BA has a Triumvirate leadership structure, though I am currently carrying the tag in game. If possible I would like to reserve a total of 2-3 spots, for me, Arrilaydill and Digitalthor.
    I'm sure Dill will make it, for Digi it will depend on the time.

    If this gets too big, or if it is more convenient, I will be willing to set up a 25 user ventrilo for the meet, at my expense. This may be a good idea anyway, in the interest of free and open discussion, without worries of getting reported in-game for the inadvertant cussing that is bound to happen, and such...

    Dex
    Yeah bud you got it. I don't have a problem with officers attending as well. I'm sure Phayth and Children will be there for Hella Pro as well if they can attend at the times. I believe there is another chat that could be used, Mumble, which is free (or so I've heard) that I know of one guild using. We'll hammer out the details when it comes time. I think a chat server would be ok, and I'll set up an in game user channel as well since we have more than 12 bodies attending at this time.

    I understand there may or may not be some colorful language thrown about, but I do hope people keep it as mature as possible. In the event the language is used (which I'm sure it will), I also hope that there will be no reporting for it as well. After all, we are all adults (at least most of us) and I don't see a reason to punish anyone for their thoughts and opinions. After all, free speech and such.

    Server: Cannith | Guild: Hella Pro (Leader) | Characters: Allistore - 20 Wizard, Althina - 20 Ranger, Allegora - 20 Paladin, Allyssan - 20 Favored Soul, Laurandel - 20 Wizard, Terree - 20 Barbarian, Elohym - 20 Sorcerer, Lawldps - 20 Monk

  9. #69
    Community Member lammbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    17

    Default

    When I get home today and login, I'll contact some of the other GL's not present here so far (Malephasant of A rise to Power, Rawling of GAMERS and a few others). It's quite possible that they (like me) rarely visit these forums and are unaware of this thread.
    Toons: Snodgrass, Ylena, Maxxxe, Stonebrained, iBorg, Ylissa, Kratebane and Quagmyre

  10. #70
    Community Member nerdychaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cannith
    Posts
    466

    Default

    You can count me in, or if the time is bad, I will get my co-leader in on this.

    Edit: Lol, there is a time and date. I cannot make that time. Late nights is best for me, or I could send my co-leader.

    Or, we could change the time to 2300 Chicago time (-6 GMT), that is much better for me.
    Last edited by nerdychaz; 07-22-2011 at 02:07 PM.
    Member of The Guild of Calamitous Intent
    Cannith Server
    Main Toons: Skarro and Usko
    I maximize my strengths and buy bane weapons for my weaknesses.

  11. #71
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5

    Default

    I would be very interested in attending this. The day and time would be the deciding factor as to wether I could make it though as I'm in the UK (GMT+1).

    I think it could be very useful indeed. I also think that the idea put forward by nerdychaz in his topic would be very useful as an ongoing dialogue even if this event works out as planned.

    The Silver Legion will be there, if possible represented by myself, Kassie, otherwise represented by an Officer.

  12. #72
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,663

    Default

    If the meeting is about clearing the air, settling any differences, then I would like to know when and where the meeting will be.
    boo-tai jung-tzahng-duh
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We love fansites!
    <*cough*B.S.*cough*>
    Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    There will be bugs!

  13. #73
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    280

    Default

    I would like to attend the guild meeting as Dhasi, representing the officer of the dark seekers. Can you please restate the time with us time zone.

    Thanks

  14. #74
    Community Member CaptainPurge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    771

    Default

    I propose a meeting in-person, and since we're international, how about at the Bulldog in Amsterdam? 2nd choice Las Vegas.
    Cannith: Ortarr (leader of Killer Dwarfs) - Purge Bravely - Drunkungfu Master - Ortarrdo Son of Ortarr - *others*

  15. #75
    Community Member xxScoobyDooxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    626

    Default Whats up with the Moderators?

    So I post a thread with comments on how a meeting should be run ... I heard the OP went off once again on my post. I never mentioned any people or guild names. I had positive input into how to manage a successful meeting. I highlighted issues with having no agenda and 30+ people in the same channel. I also mentioned that a neutral chair for the meeting should be elected by the server.

    How possibly could the moderators take anything I said as warranting deletion. Very very bad form.

    The fact is the OP has created issues with some individuals. There is no issues on Cannith between guilds, only between a few individuals and the issues are seriously laughable for the most part.

    Another Fact is if there are issues that need to be sorted then people are going to have different opinions. Deal with it. The OP constantly falls into the trap of going off on anyone that disagrees with him.

    Again I ask anyone posting on here ... what is the agenda for the meeting? What are the issues, specifically?

    How possibly can 30+ people solve "issues" if no one knows what the "issues" are?

    How possibly can a meeting be run by someone that won't respect others opinions.
    Flashious, Slashious, Bashious, Delushous, SifuTam Toustious, Sneakious
    Officer - Templar - Cannith

  16. #76
    Community Member CaptainPurge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    771

    Default

    ^ start with Robert's Rules of Order. Each guild gets assigned a number for role call, reports, voting and new business, or whatever is laid out as varied from Robert's Rules of Order.
    Cannith: Ortarr (leader of Killer Dwarfs) - Purge Bravely - Drunkungfu Master - Ortarrdo Son of Ortarr - *others*

  17. #77
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    berkeley, ca
    Posts
    149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xxScoobyDooxx View Post
    So I post a thread with comments on how a meeting should be run ... I heard the OP went off once again on my post. I never mentioned any people or guild names. I had positive input into how to manage a successful meeting. I highlighted issues with having no agenda and 30+ people in the same channel. I also mentioned that a neutral chair for the meeting should be elected by the server.

    How possibly could the moderators take anything I said as warranting deletion. Very very bad form.

    The fact is the OP has created issues with some individuals. There is no issues on Cannith between guilds, only between a few individuals and the issues are seriously laughable for the most part.

    Another Fact is if there are issues that need to be sorted then people are going to have different opinions. Deal with it. The OP constantly falls into the trap of going off on anyone that disagrees with him.

    Again I ask anyone posting on here ... what is the agenda for the meeting? What are the issues, specifically?

    How possibly can 30+ people solve "issues" if no one knows what the "issues" are?

    How possibly can a meeting be run by someone that won't respect others opinions.
    this.
    a tribe called zerg, cannith: healings, oozesniffer, krushinator, oxidize, kwanzaabot, eltonjohnbot
    Solo: tod normal, vod elite, adq2 epic, vod normal at level 18. all with no pots.
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=344390 my build

  18. #78
    Community Member Shincula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    60

    Default

    I hope we get to see a transcript of this whole thing after it goes down. Gonna be hilarious.
    Cannith

    Gothiscandza
    Shyalas - Granma - Ralix - Chyalas

  19. #79
    Community Member seobanio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    US
    Posts
    269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shincula View Post
    I hope we get to see a transcript of this whole thing after it goes down. Gonna be hilarious.
    This.
    Zaxza Sorc, Xexa FvS, Zaxa12/6/2 Fight/Rog, Xexasaurus Monk
    A Tribe Called Zerg
    Cannith

  20. #80
    Community Member Sideways's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phayth View Post
    It's not a loot thing or rolling on loot that is the focus of this. It's more of a server/community relations problem.
    You can not agree witha loot policy and just not join a raid with that policy and leave it at that. Instead theres always just bickering and nonsense server wide over some of the most ridiculous stuff.
    No I don't agree - as far as I can see there is no "server-wide" bickering or nonsense. My experience is that the vast majority of players - inside my guild and out - are happily playing together and showing teamwork, courtesy and respect. I suspect that there are a few people who think rather too much of themselves who are intolerant of other people, their playstyle, their level of experience and are busy creating cliques.

    I do think that trying to resolve these issues is a good idea - I just hope that those involved are genuinely interested in trying to reach agreement and compromises and aren't just hoping that this meeting will be their chance to persuade other that they are in the wrong and should acquiesce. I hope that with all of these respected guild leaders present all parties will be prepared to listen and not just speak.

    Side

    Sideways, Sidewise, Sidewynder, Sideblast, Sidelyne, Sidenote, Sideshot

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload