Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zerkul View Post
    Since no one suggested a day and a time i'll be the first:

Tuesday 26th of July, that's to say next tuesday. For time how about 14.30 american time (should be 20.30 pm italian time, forums say GMT+2 for now).

Just, let us remember though that sometimes language barriers get in the middle of communication, not letting us understand fully or catch all the shades of speech/writings.

Said this, i'll try to be there whichever will be the day we want to do this meeting.
    14:30 american time...WHICH America time? Eastern, mountain, pacific....

Quote Originally Posted by Doxmaster View Post
    14:30 american time...WHICH America time? Eastern, mountain, pacific....
    No idea but it is the time that DDO uses if i'm correct. I know that the server downtimes are 6 hours of difference from italian time which is gmt+2 right now.
    Guild Leader of "GODS - Guardians Of the Dragon Sanctuary" on Cannith --- My Characters: Zavarthak (20 Barbarian Frenzied/Ravager DPS - MAIN), Ryumajin (Warlock,), Leohands (Evocation FVS firstlife), Galvano (Paladin TWF). - If you like or find useful my posts, consider adding reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerkul View Post
    No idea but it is the time that DDO uses if i'm correct. I know that the server downtimes are 6 hours of difference from italian time which is gmt+2 right now.
    Eastern then mate
    Children / Zeya / Tyremus / Inspiring

Community Member

Alli... that’s right in the middle of a work day for me I'll see if we have someone on at that time to represent Gods and Heroes.

Coming with Heavy for atcz. If he even shows up.
    Shekels - Kithiora - Dimes - Pennies - Pesos - Rupees - Shillings - Stegosaurus
    A Tribe Called Zerg - Cannith

A few people have commented that Tuesday would be a little soon and that more time is probably needed to spread the word. I kind of agree, and during the work week makes it hard for some people to make. Does moving it to Saturday the 30th work for everyone involved? I will spread the word in game to see if that works for people who aren't on the forum as well. Seeing as the guys in europe are on a 5-6+ hour time difference I was thinking maybe noon est, give or take. I won't be able to do much later on Saturday because I have to head to work in the afternoon. If that doesn't work we can maybe try Friday the 29th, or Sunday the 31st. Basically just whenever the most people are free.

Server: Cannith | Guild: Hella Pro (Leader) | Characters: Allistore - 20 Wizard, Althina - 20 Ranger, Allegora - 20 Paladin, Allyssan - 20 Favored Soul, Laurandel - 20 Wizard, Terree - 20 Barbarian, Elohym - 20 Sorcerer, Lawldps - 20 Monk

Default Guild Meeting.....

First off let me state that I think a guild leaders meeting is a grand idea, as long as it is structured, fair, and accomplishes what we all agree it should: STOPPING THE HATE! I am all for it.

Do I have a problem or have had a problem with people in specific guilds? Yes! Have I had problems with people in my own guild over the last 5+ years? Yes! We must ask ourselves what causes such strife guild-wise and individually. Many examples have been posted here on this forum thread, but do you all comprehend where it comes from?

I am one of the most diplomatic people when dealing with others. I will give you the shirt off my back if I can and you are in need, but alot of people on this server has severe problems with showing any kind gestures; whether they are loot related, advice related, or just plainly being kind person.

1) Check your ego at the door is the first step to solving one of the biggest problems on this server.
    2) Greed kills, do something kind for someone; whether a complete stranger or a traditional running mate.
    3) Remember, you did not acquire all the items you have by yourselves others had to be present.
    4) Treat people the way you want to be treated. If you treat someone bad and want that in return then you should be locked up, for you are insane!

Enough said! I hope the meeting goes off without a hitch and is successful. I hope we see much better relations between people of all guilds and the guildless.

It was a person from my guild that did the slighting of another that so many are commenting about. Was is right? NO! Do we have control over others? No! Is he banned? Yes! Should we as a guild be avoided? Absolutley not, for there are some great people in our guild, as there are in others. I like and care for alot of people in my guild, as well as, alot of people in others. We need more of that. We all need to see the big picture!
    Krylor----Lauralinn----Thorriin----Hunii----Ciinder----Holdiin----Leader of Templar on Cannith

" You are not only yourself but everyone and everything around you!"

Quote Originally Posted by Noelemahc View Post
    A few people have commented that Tuesday would be a little soon and that more time is probably needed to spread the word. I kind of agree, and during the work week makes it hard for some people to make. Does moving it to Saturday the 30th work for everyone involved? I will spread the word in game to see if that works for people who aren't on the forum as well. Seeing as the guys in europe are on a 5-6+ hour time difference I was thinking maybe noon est, give or take. I won't be able to do much later on Saturday because I have to head to work in the afternoon. If that doesn't work we can maybe try Friday the 29th, or Sunday the 31st. Basically just whenever the most people are free.
    On every Saturday/Sunday i got just one problem: if whatever kind of meeting is after 20.30 (gmt+2 current italian time) i cannot be there. I'm more for Fridays personally.
    Guild Leader of "GODS - Guardians Of the Dragon Sanctuary" on Cannith --- My Characters: Zavarthak (20 Barbarian Frenzied/Ravager DPS - MAIN), Ryumajin (Warlock,), Leohands (Evocation FVS firstlife), Galvano (Paladin TWF). - If you like or find useful my posts, consider adding reputation.

Perhaps it is time I chime in a suggestion for this meeting.

Rather than having one big meeting where everyone gathers at once, I suggest you break the meeting into smaller, more manageable portions, where more players can attend due to the added flexibility of time. For example, you could take x amount of guilds that wish to attend and meet on your original date, then take the next batch of guilds and meet on another date, then the next, exc. This would allow more guild representatives to attend, as well as allow you to learn between meetings what did and did not work, in addition to making it easier to handle the meetings with fewer players at once.

The only downside I would see is that players might worry they are 'missing out' by not attending these other meetings. But as long as you keep the purpose of the meetings the same each time, there is very little, if any for players to miss out on.
    Here's a riddle for you: What do you call people who play the game for only a day and apparently know everything?

Quote Originally Posted by knightgf View Post
    Perhaps it is time I chime in a suggestion for this meeting.

Rather than having one big meeting where everyone gathers at once, I suggest you break the meeting into smaller, more manageable portions, where more players can attend due to the added flexibility of time. For example, you could take x amount of guilds that wish to attend and meet on your original date, then take the next batch of guilds and meet on another date, then the next, exc. This would allow more guild representatives to attend, as well as allow you to learn between meetings what did and did not work, in addition to making it easier to handle the meetings with fewer players at once.

The only downside I would see is that players might worry they are 'missing out' by not attending these other meetings. But as long as you keep the purpose of the meetings the same each time, there is very little, if any for players to miss out on.
    Sounds good... Have like 2 or 3 meetings. Show up to the ones you can, mention what happened in the previous meeting before really starting.
    Sarkiki - Orexis - Pallikaria - Epithymia - Musouka - Empnefsi | Cannith Server

Community Member

Default The Antipodeans

Hey Guys

I'm happy to attend and represent The Antipodeans if the time is not ludicrous o'clock.

If not I will try and send a diplomat to the meeting.

Cheers

Money Maker of Cannith

PS for me at GMT+8 some thought into the physical time would be awesome as well as my need to work/wrangle son this weekend on Sat.

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Default Top Chef School of Recipes welcome?

I am an original Cannith. I remember when Wolfpack was the dominant guild, before guild renown. Wolfpack merged to Broken Alliance.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

I don't see such behavior in-game towards guilds. I see it more against certain players who have driven the nails in their coffin themselves. As the appointed leader of the Greeks (and only person with a rank other than member still playing during summertime) I will try to attend the meeting.

Rangers never die. They just go to shrine and regroup

I like your signature Suavenna, nice one .

Saturday July 30th @ 16:00 GMT? That's noon EDT and 6pm Pompeii time.
    Weekdays before 6 or 7pm EDT is usually a problem for us Americans who have to work for a living. Just sayin', not hating.

Let me just state that I want to be there to represent BA should any questions about the guild, or guild policy, arise. If someone has a need to discuss the behavior of any individual of the guild, or a particular quest/raid run, I encourage them to bring this up directly with me, or any BA officer on at the time.

Dex
    Dex (HU) - Pal 14 TR2 || Grue (DF) - Monk 12
    Dux (DR) - Bard 18 || Dox (HU) - Cleric 20
    Dax (HU) - Fighter 15 || Tyrael (HU) - FvS 13
    Broken Alliance

Community Member

as guild leader of "Company of Gyros" I respectfully decline the invitation to this event. Our guild is currently playing the game drama free and having a lot of fun and success. That said, I hope you guys resolve your differences.

Quote Originally Posted by zerkul View Post
    i Like Your Signature Suavenna, Nice One .
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Dex View Post
    Saturday July 30th @ 16:00 GMT? That's noon EDT and 6pm Pompeii time.
    Weekdays before 6 or 7pm EDT is usually a problem for us Americans who have to work for a living. Just sayin', not hating.

Let me just state that I want to be there to represent BA should any questions about the guild, or guild policy, arise. If someone has a need to discuss the behavior of any individual of the guild, or a particular quest/raid run, I encourage them to bring this up directly with me, or any BA officer on at the time.

Dex
    Right. That's why I suggested trying to do it on a Saturday or Sunday because I work during the week as well. We have some guys over in Europe that are on a 6-8+ hour difference than us. While I could easily make night time meetings during the week, that would mean it would be early a.m. for the players in Europe, and asking them to attend a meeting at 4 a.m. isn't really fair. I for one, wouldn't get up that early for a game so I wouldn't expect them to either.

But yeah the suggested date and time so far is Saturday July 30th, 12 est (16:00 GMT). Trying to see if everyone can make that. I won't be able to be there much later on Saturday because of work, but Sunday I'm free all day.

Server: Cannith | Guild: Hella Pro (Leader) | Characters: Allistore - 20 Wizard, Althina - 20 Ranger, Allegora - 20 Paladin, Allyssan - 20 Favored Soul, Laurandel - 20 Wizard, Terree - 20 Barbarian, Elohym - 20 Sorcerer, Lawldps - 20 Monk

Can we push to avoid meeting as late as August 5th? ^.^ I'd like to spend my B-Day somewhere between "tipsy" and "where am I, why are my pants missing, and oh hey there sweet thang"
    Iraelis - Clanggedin - Ayailla - EZBake - Doktr - Memmnor - Zinzerena - Facepalmm
    Capstone Completionist in the Making - Currently on Life 7.
    ~Have Fun. Get Loot. Work as a Team.~

Hey if somebody could do a post meeting write up and post it on here that would be good. Let the rest of the community know what was discussed maybe? (And to convince me this isn't some kind of strange turkish bath type thing you guys got going on! jk!)
    I'm piking at work.
    I disarm traps........with my face!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast