Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Default let's play: what's wrong with this lfm?

Welcome to the Thelanis edition of: what's wrong with this lfm?

This is a fun, easy-going game of pointing out lfm's that may be ambiguous, have multiple meanings - or are simply funny. Please note that we are not calling out players on their playstyles or any actions in-game, but rather enjoying the silly lfm's that may pop up on the lfm panel from time to time. Please note that these are screenshots of actual lfm's, in the interest of keeping this thread fun and on topic please follow a few simple rules:

-all names must be blanked out. This is to protect yourself from violating forum guidelines as well as keep the original lfm posters' anonymous.
    -stay on topic. commenting on the lfm's is fine, do not degenerate this thread into a debate over looting ethics, please.
    -have fun. this thread is intended to enjoy witty lfm messages, lfm's that have double meanings, lfm's that are hypocritical and more. if you are easily offended, you may want to skip reading this thread.

And our first lfm, the classic BYOH.

Last edited by protokon; 11-24-2011 at 06:21 AM.
    Proud member of Renowned, Thelanis server.

I think I saw that lfm... [sarcasm]BYOH must mean only divines are allowed, because no other classes can heal themselves, right?[/sarcasm]

Great job taking a screenshot.

I don't see whats wrong. I see that kind of LFM alot.

It means: "IP, bring your own heals until a healer joins"

*shrug*

maybe the group leader thought that BYOH means:

Bring Your Overpowered Healing-capable Divine caster to run our gimp toons through this quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrisulven6 View Post

*shrug*
    Makes sense... divines are pretty effective in that quest, so you could take em over any other class.

I thought it meant: Every divine that joins must bring their own halfling

Default Hireling Perhaps

C'mon, give the guy the benefit of the doubt. When I run on my lowbie alts or when I TR. I occasionally get responses from people that think BYOH means

"Bring Your Own Hireling"

Since then, I stopped using the acronym BYOH in my LFMs

nothing wrong here, simply somobody need BB for golems, just didnt know that desintagrate works as well.

Understandable if only one slot is free. Else, meh. Odds are most have filters on so only divines will see the LFM.
    Praise the Dark Six and pass the heals to pure melees.
    Full feat tree; Cannith; change; merger; evil; win; minmaxing; FotM; deja vu; Kobolds.
    Dungeons and Dragons Online ~ Nude Song and Gnarled Onions

*shrug*
    it's not so much his intentions as the wording of his lfm, my friend :P

I saw once a LFM who read like this: "Zerg, BYOH, Know it!, IP! HEALS PLEASE!" only open to Clr/Fvs. And yes, caps were used on the lfm text.

Roberin (TR1 H-Elf Mnk8/Ftr12) - Lawnmoweird (TR4 Hum Mnk 20*) - Brokarg (TR1 Human 16brd/2ftr/2rog) - Lawnmowerman (TR1 H-Elf Mnk2/Ftr18*) Aibhilin (TR1 Human Wiz PM20) Lawnmowiper (WF Art 20) - Selanin (Drow 2mnk/12pal/6ftr) Elissea (H-Elf Rog 20*) * In progress

lfm of the day:

just a hint: a guild inviting you off the lfm panel is probably not 'a good guild'...

Quote Originally Posted by protokon View Post
    lfm of the day:

just a hint: a guild inviting you off the lfm panel is probably not 'a good guild'...
    Yep... wow this is current.

hah, just saw that LFM
    - Proud co-founder of the Dragonspire Legion -
    Souldout (Completionist Life 2), Diamese(TR), Darkfey, Darkwai(TR), Darkriff, Shayris, Shayrn, Tekron, & more semi-retired mules

and the next lfm of the day award goes to...

a draw between two this time!

here we see some poor sap who has not figured out the puzzle in haywire foundry. Sure he could just open a browser and google the answer, but that's too much effort so let's put an lfm up and wait for 20-30 minutes to find someone to do it for us...

right next to the lfm we also see another poor fellow who attempted to solo (unless his group abandoned him) the xorian cipher, and while refusing to give up on finishing the quest, calls for help in his lost cause

another fun one showed up, I think was worth posting even though there's nothing wrong with it, we have a player showing his firm distaste for zergers:

Thanks for stopping by, we shall see what tomorrow's LFM panel brings us for amusement .

Thanks for stopping by, we shall see what tomorrow's LFM panel brings us for amusement .
    I just have to tell you, that guy is an unmitigated arse. He told me that deathward was worthless and that I should slot neutralize poison instead. This was back when I had 3 lv4 spell slots, one of them taken by the actual cure. :x

And, of course, I would've swapped it in if he wasn't being so rude. He ended up rage-quitting, and the rest of us, we had a very enjoyable run. It was the Quest in House K where you have to deal with the incorporeal ghosty-things. He had another LFM up afterward; I hope it went well for him. Good times!

Quomodo cecidisti de cælo, Lucifer, qui mane oriebaris. corruisti in terram, qui vulnerabas gentes.
    Qui dicebas in corde tuo: In cælum conscendam, super astra Dei exaltabo solium meum.

Quote Originally Posted by PLUGintoTHEpowerLINE View Post
    I just have to tell you, that guy is an unmitigated arse. He told me that deathward was worthless and that I should slot neutralize poison instead. This was back when I had 3 lv4 spell slots, one of them taken by the actual cure. :x

And, of course, I would've swapped it in if he wasn't being so rude. He ended up rage-quitting, and the rest of us, we had a very enjoyable run. It was the Quest in House K where you have to deal with the incorporeal ghosty-things. He had another LFM up afterward; I hope it went well for him. Good times!
    He had the same kind of lfm up for archer point... Which is a timed quest. Slow questing in timed quest?

Quote Originally Posted by Kourier View Post
    He had the same kind of lfm up for archer point... Which is a timed quest. Slow questing in timed quest?
    it's kind of funny when people use online slang incorrectly, isn't it .

it's like when you see that level 3 lfm up "waterworks, need tanks"

tanks for what? the ankle-biting rodents who do 3 damage maximum? ><

hmm neg rep received for the OP. that kind of sucks considering it was intended to be humorous.

Community Member butcheredspirit's Avatar

+1 rep OP.

That really made me laugh.
    Some LFM's are just weird.

another fun one showed up, I think was worth posting even though there's nothing wrong with it, we have a player showing his firm distaste for zergers:

this made me laugh so hard. i could just see the little halfing barb hitting sprint boost and running for his tiny life
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonTroy View Post

at one point during the aggro issues i pulled horoth on my monk, which i admit i kind of enjoyed for about half a second. but then he hit me.

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast