Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 488
  1. #61
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    215

    Default

    Didn't get a screenshot but I saw an LFM for the inspired quarter and the level range was 14-18. So I informed the person that you had to be level 16 to get into the IQ and he should change his level req's. Looked again and now it's level 14-19. Did some running around, got some buffs, look to see what groups are up and there's the same guy but now it's level 15-20. Needless to say after about 30 mins he was still the only person in his group.

  2. #62
    Community Member protokon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sandy, UT
    Posts
    2,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darkrune View Post
    Kicking myself for not getting a screen but I saw someone from this very thread post one that I found humorous.

    Post was for epic deeps and the lfm read something like "epic deeps... DONT join if you need shard of gloves of claw"

    Funny that you are basically dictating that my loot belongs to you. Needless to say I used to have a higher opinion of this person.
    I really hate lfm's that say stuff like this, I've even seen people that I have high respect for post free claw pulls with a little notion "your gloves seal is mine". I honestly think it's pretty low when your so greedy you have to tell the party up-front to not even bother joining if they want the same loot as you.

    Unfortunately, I am seeing more and more of these lfm's pop up and I am starting to think it is becoming the norm
    Proud member of Renowned, Thelanis server.

  3. #63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by protokon View Post
    I really hate lfm's that say stuff like this, I've even seen people that I have high respect for post free claw pulls with a little notion "your gloves seal is mine". I honestly think it's pretty low when your so greedy you have to tell the party up-front to not even bother joining if they want the same loot as you.

    Unfortunately, I am seeing more and more of these lfm's pop up and I am starting to think it is becoming the norm
    I understand that if you click the "join" button that you're supposed to respect the leader's wishes, even if they want you to do something stupid, like smash barrels the whole time. However . . .

    With things like this, it's not like I'm entering into a bound legal contract that I will hand over that specific seal, or hand over anything that's in my name. That's kind of where I draw the line with the "their group / their rules" mentality.
    Quomodo cecidisti de cælo, Lucifer, qui mane oriebaris. corruisti in terram, qui vulnerabas gentes.
    Qui dicebas in corde tuo: In cælum conscendam, super astra Dei exaltabo solium meum.

  4. #64
    Community Member dkyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    5,477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by protokon View Post
    I really hate lfm's that say stuff like this, I've even seen people that I have high respect for post free claw pulls with a little notion "your gloves seal is mine". I honestly think it's pretty low when your so greedy you have to tell the party up-front to not even bother joining if they want the same loot as you.
    How is it "low" to set conditions up front? If people want to join, and abide those conditions, they will. If not, they won't. There's nothing wrong with any of that. It would only be "low" if the conditions weren't specified up front.

    It's pretty bizarre to call someone "greedy" that is providing free loot.

    Quote Originally Posted by PLUGintoTHEpowerLINE View Post
    With things like this, it's not like I'm entering into a bound legal contract that I will hand over that specific seal, or hand over anything that's in my name. That's kind of where I draw the line with the "their group / their rules" mentality.
    I wasn't aware that promises and keeping your word only mean anything if there is a government enforcing them.

    If you are not willing to accept the conditions of the group, do not join.

    Of course, that assumes the conditions are clear and up front. Obviously, a leader who suddenly claims others' loot once the quest is over has no standing.
    Last edited by dkyle; 08-03-2011 at 11:17 AM.

  5. #65
    Community Member brian14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    5,362

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LOOON375 View Post
    No screen shot, but every time new quests come out there is a good chance to see an LFM up with "know it" in the description on the day of release.
    Not unlike job advertisements which require "10+ years of experience" with some software package release 1-2 year ago.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

    "Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

  6. #66
    Community Member TheDjinnFor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    1,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darkrune View Post
    Funny that you are basically dictating that my loot belongs to you. Needless to say I used to have a higher opinion of this person.
    Funny that you are basically dictating that their party and rules must conform to your desires and expectations. Make your own party or just don't join theirs if you don't like it.
    Last edited by IWZincedge; 08-03-2011 at 07:20 PM.

  7. #67
    Community Member protokon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sandy, UT
    Posts
    2,486

    Default

    Guys, please stick to the forum rules so we can keep this thread open. It is merely a discussion about silly lfm's we have seen up, let's not degrade into a loot-drama thread talking about loot ethics and taking cheap shots at eachother.

    I have a few more screenshots from the weekend but have not had a chance to upload them, will make a point to do so later on - I even had a guildy take a screenshot of one of mine because I messed up without realizing it
    Proud member of Renowned, Thelanis server.

  8. #68
    Community Member Spoonwelder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Nanaimo, BC
    Posts
    1,933

    Default

    Last night on Argo - for over an hour some Sorc guy had an LFM up for Reclamation - with the note - 'Need Help With Weels'. (for those that don't know the quest there are some levers that need a minimum strength to push)

    Felt sorry for him but I didn't really have any interest in going all the way to Atraxia just to push some levers....poor sod.
    gotta to kick at the darkness til it bleeds daylight - B. Cockburn
    Guild Leader - Order of the Silver Dragons
    Mains Darlao Completionist Toogor Sorc TR7 Also Listarn Shadar Kai Rogue 20/8 - WhiskyTango CL28 TR4 - Toongor Bd28 TR2 - Sooey Dwarf ConBarb28 TR2 Pusshy -WizMo 18/ 2/8+9 More

  9. #69
    Community Member Limey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    393

    Default

    These "your loot is my loot" LFMs are, as some have said, doing nothing wrong.

    However when I see them I think the leader must be a greedy, self centred person and I never join them.

  10. #70
    Community Member Niarda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Frestreonk
    Posts
    40

    Default

    i was under the impression BYOH was bring your on Hasslehoff??
    am i not correct?
    Are you not entertained

  11. #71
    Community Member protokon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sandy, UT
    Posts
    2,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Niarda View Post
    i was under the impression BYOH was bring your on Hasslehoff??
    am i not correct?
    Mr. Hasselhoff approves of this message

    Proud member of Renowned, Thelanis server.

  12. #72
    Community Member Beld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    730

    Default Thanks Protokon :D

    Quote Originally Posted by protokon View Post
    Mr. Hasselhoff approves of this message

    Will be blinded for at least a couple of hours


    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    Some people don't like to play hard. That's why we have 'normal'.

  13. #73
    Community Member Bilger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,804

    Default

    Thought was kinda funny no screen shot believe was a epic dq and stated something along the lines of " if know ya welcome 100k to join if don't"

    Though was funny myself nothing wrong with it just thought was funny.
    Proud Officer of The Madborn

  14. #74
    The Hatchery Galeria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,386

    Default

    Last week (shoulda ss'd it) there was a series of Amrath quests up with plat prices to join. The price was tiered based on the boot mats you ended up pulling.

    I have to say I was a little offended by the blatant commercialism of it (and it was followed up with 2 or 3 LFMs for the same quest that had variations of "Free, cause I'm not a jerk" in the description but really when I thought about it, his prices were a heck of a lot cheaper than the AH.

    I think if a majority of LFM's started posting prices to join, it would be a really bad precedent but honestly, it's not a whole lot different than the guy soloing and AH'ing the mats...

  15. #75
    Community Member Kelavam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    492

    Default

    Quite often I follow threads without ever voicing an opinion. I try to stay out of the flame wars and simply learn from what other people say and do.

    However, I think at this juncture I want to step in and voice my opinion, even though it has already been stated to a certain degree.

    No one is forcing anyone else to pug. No one forces anyone to join an LFM. If you disagree with the rules of a pug, why is it so hard to just not join? I disagree with many of the LFMs I see, but instead of complaining or talking bad about someone under my breath, I simply do not join that pug. I disagree with them, but does not mean I am going to call them out on it. If they get a group together, it means they found others that are willing to abide (at least say they will) by the rules of the LFM.

    Maybe I am too old school, or maybe I am just too out of touch with what reality has to offer, but I believe a person's word is something to honor and uphold. If you join an LFM, knowing the rules before you click join, and choose to ignore this. You deserve the blacklisting you get, you deserve the "neg rep" and you will soon find yourself seeing how easy/hard it is to solo this game. And this is my opinion, but it makes you a pretty lousy person. What did you accomplish by joining an LFM, agreeing to abide by the rules then breaking the rules? Was trolling and griefing someone because you disagree with their rules realllllly worth it?

    I am a firm believer that your loot is your loot - I will eventually get whatever I need, whether it drops for me or someone shares it because they already have, but I am not one to require it. But I am not going to call someone out because they play differently than I do. As the hundreds of forum posts show, there are many ways to play this game. Not all of them are going to agree with you and you are not going to agree with all of them. But you are not going to convince a zerger to stop and smell roses anymore than you are going to get a rose sniffer to rush through a quest.

    Find some players who play similar to you, agree on the rules when you join an LFM and, for the love of xoriat, follow those rules.
    How can you not love Bacon? Even PIGS love bacon.

  16. #76
    Community Member BoBo2020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darkrune View Post
    Kicking myself for not getting a screen but I saw someone from this very thread post one that I found humorous.

    Post was for epic deeps and the lfm read something like "epic deeps... DONT join if you need shard of gloves of claw"

    Funny that you are basically dictating that my loot belongs to you. Needless to say I used to have a higher opinion of this person.
    What if i don't NEED the shard but i really really WANT it?

    ...

  17. #77
    Community Member Feralthyrtiaq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,715

    Default Like your style!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelavam View Post
    Quite often I follow threads without ever voicing an opinion. I try to stay out of the flame wars and simply learn from what other people say and do.

    However, I think at this juncture I want to step in and voice my opinion, even though it has already been stated to a certain degree.

    No one is forcing anyone else to pug. No one forces anyone to join an LFM. If you disagree with the rules of a pug, why is it so hard to just not join? I disagree with many of the LFMs I see, but instead of complaining or talking bad about someone under my breath, I simply do not join that pug. I disagree with them, but does not mean I am going to call them out on it. If they get a group together, it means they found others that are willing to abide (at least say they will) by the rules of the LFM.

    Maybe I am too old school, or maybe I am just too out of touch with what reality has to offer, but I believe a person's word is something to honor and uphold. If you join an LFM, knowing the rules before you click join, and choose to ignore this. You deserve the blacklisting you get, you deserve the "neg rep" and you will soon find yourself seeing how easy/hard it is to solo this game. And this is my opinion, but it makes you a pretty lousy person. What did you accomplish by joining an LFM, agreeing to abide by the rules then breaking the rules? Was trolling and griefing someone because you disagree with their rules realllllly worth it?

    I am a firm believer that your loot is your loot - I will eventually get whatever I need, whether it drops for me or someone shares it because they already have, but I am not one to require it. But I am not going to call someone out because they play differently than I do. As the hundreds of forum posts show, there are many ways to play this game. Not all of them are going to agree with you and you are not going to agree with all of them. But you are not going to convince a zerger to stop and smell roses anymore than you are going to get a rose sniffer to rush through a quest.

    Find some players who play similar to you, agree on the rules when you join an LFM and, for the love of xoriat, follow those rules.
    +1 For some common sense!

  18. #78
    The Hatchery BrightAsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    488

    Default

    sheees, i read this thread yesterday and it was some proper fun... now it is turning into some sort of semi-serious (hey, it is a GAME for crying out loud, how serious can it be) discussion topic???

    Can we please get back to the funny screens that made me smile, for my own reasons, that no one needs an opinion about (let alone ventilate in a demeaning manner)
    Like Kelavam says for the ingame situation applies to the forum as well... if you don't like the topic... don't read it. but PLEASE let me laugh over some funny screens

  19. #79
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Center of the World, NYC
    Posts
    572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaBravo View Post
    BYOH = Bring your own healer ?
    It means Bring your own heals, that usually being through pots, wands or scrolls.

    Otherwise, on the "Your Lootz Belongz To Me" issue, it has no place in this thread, so please, return to the lfm's. They are fun to read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Melcena View Post
    Who is Shade?
    Lives? Nonsense. We are gamers - None of us have lives.
    404error is a practitioner of giving someone exactly what they ask for whether it's what they want or not

  20. #80
    Community Member Kelavam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrightAsh View Post
    sheees, i read this thread yesterday and it was some proper fun... now it is turning into some sort of semi-serious (hey, it is a GAME for crying out loud, how serious can it be) discussion topic???

    Can we please get back to the funny screens that made me smile, for my own reasons, that no one needs an opinion about (let alone ventilate in a demeaning manner)
    Like Kelavam says for the ingame situation applies to the forum as well... if you don't like the topic... don't read it. but PLEASE let me laugh over some funny screens
    Agreed.. That is why I was reading, because I got a chuckle out a few of them. I apologize for the seriousness of my post, it was just getting to me. It's out of my system and I am now ready to smirk and chuckle again.
    How can you not love Bacon? Even PIGS love bacon.

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload