Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425 LastLast

Have fun with three more, straight from Sarlona:

Giving less credit than your class deserves... you're doing it right.

Hilst level gets to be party leder!

Buddy, sorry to inform you, seals don't drop on heroic...
    Nerdrage/Endgame ~ Sarlona
    Ekkehart (human PM) - Hammet (WF AM) - Cerussite (helf THF kensei) - Anordineth (helf dark monk)
    Buy my stuff!

No screenie, but Level 17 Tor Elite for BB and Blooding... One poster, no joiners for a while. I finally /told him he would be my hero if he could complete the blooding at level on Elite. Recommended he complete on E and run the dragons on N or C. I think he/she/it appreciated the advice and replied with thanks...

"Don't Feed The PUGs, Nurture Them..."
    "The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." Niccolò Machiavelli
    Thelanis: Arbix Completionist (23rd Life), ArbySoul, ArbyBarb, ArbyPriest, Arbificer etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DanteEnFuego View Post
    No screenie, but Level 17 Tor Elite for BB and Blooding... One poster, no joiners for a while. I finally /told him he would be my hero if he could complete the blooding at level on Elite. Recommended he complete on E and run the dragons on N or C. I think he/she/it appreciated the advice and replied with thanks...

"Don't Feed The PUGs, Nurture Them..."
    This one is double win, since lv 17 prevents BB from Tor. :-/

NSF forum:

LargeMallard
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Math never helps solve problems, it only further complicates them. Far too often players use it as a tool to push there own agenda and twist numbers to cause strife where its not due.

had a good laugh at that one judo!
    Work is the curse of the drinking class.
    ~Oscar Wilde~
    **LEGION**
    Foxxom, Masrie, Eyetunes, Foxom, Focksom

Send me a PM maybe we can hook up later?

Quote Originally Posted by Purgatory View Post
    Send me a PM maybe we can hook up later?
    LMAO. I'm 33?
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

LEGION

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Judo View Post
    NSF forum:

LargeMallard
    Winning!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Math never helps solve problems, it only further complicates them. Far too often players use it as a tool to push there own agenda and twist numbers to cause strife where its not due.

Here's a fairly obvious one.

In case you didn't catch it, this LFM shows a basic misunderstanding of how the destinies work. A level range of 25-25 is meaningless when a TR can already have all of the desinies and twists unlocked at 20, and after 20 the majority of the power comes from the destinies while the actual character level means little. The LFM should have an expanded level range but require that players have their destinies and twists completed. This is by no means an egregious mistake, but it's clear that Thelanis has a long way to go before understanding the newer mechanics of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePrisoner View Post

In case you didn't catch it, this LFM shows a basic misunderstanding of how the destinies work. A level range of 25-25 is meaningless when a TR can already have all of the desinies and twists unlocked at 20, and after 20 the majority of the power comes from the destinies while the actual character level means little. The LFM should have an expanded level range but require that players have their destinies and twists completed. This is by no means an egregious mistake, but it's clear that Thelanis has a long way to go before understanding the newer mechanics of the game.
    That and...who doesn't like a few extra divines in the group? (Though I've never ran citw, maybe those classes are better than usual or divines are weak in there?)

meh.

Thelanis has a long way to go before understanding the newer game mechanics of the game
    This seems a little high handed and and a touch off base. Setting a high level on that isn't just for Epic Destinys and it's interesting that's what you would presume. Level 24 to 25 means more hit points two possible epic feats, and level 23-25 gear, which means the run would be closer to optimal. This posting doesn't deliver.
    Last edited by Nubicus; 10-14-2012 at 10:26 PM. Reason: More to say
    Officer of the Kobold Workers' Union

Fudder Partyshield, Ragnirock

...it's clear that Thelanis has a long way to go before understanding the newer mechanics of the game.
    I also leave most of my "capped" toons at 23 to prevent exp penalties for anything, since there isn't much benefit (other than a feat at 24 and a few hitpoints) from 23-25.
    Proud member of Renowned, Thelanis server.

Thought this was rather interesting:

When I logged off the LFM was still up and it had been active for 143 minutes, still with the same two people in the group.
    Vailun, Level 6 Paladin/6 Ranger/2 Monk (Gimped/Semi-retired) || Syrtho, Level 16 Pale Master || Vologrith, Level 17 Monk || Vistentelas, Level 11 Favored Soul || Veryon, Level 5 Artificer || Katakira, Level 2 Monk/1 Fighter/1 Wizard |

Quote Originally Posted by protokon View Post
    I also leave most of my "capped" toons at 23 to prevent exp penalties for anything, since there isn't much benefit (other than a feat at 24 and a few hitpoints) from 23-25.
    The benefit of getting to L25 is that your Repeat Penalties are locked in no matter how many times you run a quest. This is particularly helpful for grinding ED XP - If I'm wrong about this and you don't have to level to 25, but only need the XP to be capped, please correct me as I have yet to use this mechanic of the game (I level to 25 to use specific items that make my toons just a bit more powerful)
    "Melkorr (Completionist "Toaster of Vengeance") ~ Angrond (TWF Jugg) ~ Telchacar ~ Celebrimor (Bank) ~ Manados
    Thelanis

Officer of The Innfellows

Quote Originally Posted by thesnoman View Post
    The benefit of getting to L25 is that your Repeat Penalties are locked in no matter how many times you run a quest. This is particularly helpful for grinding ED XP - If I'm wrong about this and you don't have to level to 25, but only need the XP to be capped, please correct me as I have yet to use this mechanic of the game (I level to 25 to use specific items that make my toons just a bit more powerful)
    yes, once you are exp-capped at 3 mil epic exp, you lock in your exp penalties. The original reason for staying 23 after exp-capping was so you didn't take a level penalty (25 in a 22 quest, etc..) for farming quests after you lock in your repeat penalties.

Quote Originally Posted by protokon View Post
    yes, once you are exp-capped at 3 mil epic exp, you lock in your exp penalties. The original reason for staying 23 after exp-capping was so you didn't take a level penalty (25 in a 22 quest, etc..) for farming quests after you lock in your repeat penalties.
    This issue was fixed u15. All lvl 23+ count as lvl 23 in epic quests. Turbine listened and saw that most were not taking 24 and 25 and implemented this.
    I have tested and can confirm that a level 25 in a quest that is lvl 23 on hard does not prevent streak or bb and can actually receive said bonuses if they have not completed the quest.
    Schadel TR FVS | Whathitme 2TR human stalwart tank |Whatwas TR Barbarian/Fighter--FuryoftheWild | Kpavio Monk/fighter| Whatsnyp Artificer | Skullzz all purpose Druid| Whatcast elf AM| Nobuffforu Acrobat Warchanter

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Texas - the most "MURICA!" part of 'murica! rawr

they said they fixed it, but it wasn't really fixed. i never read confirmation that it had actually been FIXED fixed after that point. so my 2 characters that are in that level range are parked at 23

the official home of LOLWUT

LONG LIVE R.O.G.U.E ! Pay2Win AND PROUD
    Q: how do you get me to instantly appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question!

Quote Originally Posted by skullzz View Post
    This issue was fixed u15. All lvl 23+ count as lvl 23 in epic quests. Turbine listened and saw that most were not taking 24 and 25 and implemented this.
    I have tested and can confirm that a level 25 in a quest that is lvl 23 on hard does not prevent streak or bb and can actually receive said bonuses if they have not completed the quest.
    awesome, ty for that

Community Member akiraproject24's Avatar

Default shroud...really?

Things have changed since shroud was new...the days of barbarians being the DPS in shroud are over...in fact caster types as ommitted from this group are "the DPS" I just dont get why people fill lfms according to the rules and popular opinion from years past...
    ThwartedFhalhaenaWrekkinWrexxMaisterThwarteddHematemesisRhayzedOffensiveReduction
    Pimpin toons since 2006

Community Member

At least they didn't deselect rogue.

Or maybe they thought they needed someone to pick locks in part 3
    I Cannith-craft (150 levels in all schools) for free on Thelanis if you provide all needed materials.
    Getting Past Traps without Trap Skills | Musical Musings

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425 LastLast