Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Such a simple idea I'm amazed it hasn't been done before - very nice job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge

Thanks for the positive feedback. Working on more pages... going to take this issue up to the end of the Collaborator.
    Jonalicia,20th Assassin Jonndar, 20th Assassin Jonitillus, 20th Assassin TR1 Jonnor, 20th Exploiter Jonfar,20th Pale Master TR2 Jonatron, 20th Pale Master Jonitillius, 20th Assassin Jonnbar,20th Assassin Fine Antique Leg Wear Night of the Devourer Unofficial STR-based Rogue Guide

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Texas - the most "MURICA!" part of 'murica! rawr

awesome!

the official home of LOLWUT

LONG LIVE R.O.G.U.E ! Pay2Win AND PROUD
    Q: how do you get me to instantly appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question!

+1 excellent work.
    'Live Long, Play Longer'

Posted Page 10.
    Jonalicia,20th Assassin Jonndar, 20th Assassin Jonitillus, 20th Assassin TR1 Jonnor, 20th Exploiter Jonfar,20th Pale Master TR2 Jonatron, 20th Pale Master Jonitillius, 20th Assassin Jonnbar,20th Assassin Fine Antique Leg Wear Night of the Devourer Unofficial STR-based Rogue Guide

Hoy! This is great!

(not that I was proofreading everything, but that should be "...storms swallow up ships..." in the first panel of cover)

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Texas - the most "MURICA!" part of 'murica! rawr

and gale. Gail is a name.

eagerly awaiting more

the official home of LOLWUT

LONG LIVE R.O.G.U.E ! Pay2Win AND PROUD
    Q: how do you get me to instantly appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question!

Added Page 11

Community Member

This is awesome!

/subscribed

Just added page 12.

great work, but i want morrrrre

I've actually stopped production on this to protest the MASSIVE nerf to rogue dps in Update 11 with the new fortification.

This affect rogues MUCH more than ANY other class.

People will say it affects all classes, because it affects criticals.

Guess what, it affects the criticals of rogues (just like every other class) and IN ADDITION, it affects their sneak attack damage - THEIR MAIN SOURCE OF DAMAGE.

That's basically the equivalent of giving raid bosses immunity to 50-75% of spells, in the case of arcanes.... or reducing barbs and other melees STR by 50%.

And, instead of something useful for rogues in enhancements - like fortification bypass - we got a wand/scroll boost.

So... until the situation is fixed - the storyline in the comic WAS about a rogue - I will not be doing anymore work on this comic.

Thanks for all the encouragement and support. I really enjoyed making it, but I have to make this issue know somehow.

Sorry to disappoint you, but sneak attack should not be your main source of damage as a rogue, but a nice perk. First off, we are the only class with access to opportunist. Second, Make sure you are breaking DR. Third, if you are dex based, make sure to have some strength to add to your base damage. Fourth, Bane weapons, DR Breakers, and elemental/alignment bursts should all be added to your collection.

If you are dexterity based, You need to find these bane weapons and burst weapons the most. If you are strength based, you should still be doing great base damage. If you are a two handed weapon fighter, you will be doing the most base damage of all.

The only thing you are doing is hurting your fans in this protest.
    Member of The Guild of Calamitous Intent
    Cannith Server
    Main Toons: Skarro and Usko
    I maximize my strengths and buy bane weapons for my weaknesses.

WOW, I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ookami007 View Post
    I've actually stopped production on this to protest the MASSIVE nerf to rogue dps in Update 11 with the new fortification.

This affect rogues MUCH more than ANY other class.

People will say it affects all classes, because it affects criticals.

Guess what, it affects the criticals of rogues (just like every other class) and IN ADDITION, it affects their sneak attack damage - THEIR MAIN SOURCE OF DAMAGE.

That's basically the equivalent of giving raid bosses immunity to 50-75% of spells, in the case of arcanes.... or reducing barbs and other melees STR by 50%.

And, instead of something useful for rogues in enhancements - like fortification bypass - we got a wand/scroll boost.

So... until the situation is fixed - the storyline in the comic WAS about a rogue - I will not be doing anymore work on this comic.

Thanks for all the encouragement and support. I really enjoyed making it, but I have to make this issue know somehow.
    I love your work and I am sad it has stopped but I can understand your reasons. I play a Mechanic so I feel it even more so than say an assassin.

Quote Originally Posted by nerdychaz View Post
    Sorry to disappoint you, but sneak attack should not be your main source of damage as a rogue, but a nice perk. First off, we are the only class with access to opportunist. Second, Make sure you are breaking DR. Third, if you are dex based, make sure to have some strength to add to your base damage. Fourth, Bane weapons, DR Breakers, and elemental/alignment bursts should all be added to your collection.

If you are dexterity based, You need to find these bane weapons and burst weapons the most. If you are strength based, you should still be doing great base damage. If you are a two handed weapon fighter, you will be doing the most base damage of all.

Since I have 5 capped rogues and understand them better than most, and since I have written the strength based rogue guide... we will have to agree to disagree.

All of my capped toons are STR based and all of them are DPS toons... not flavor builds. Most of their damage comes sneak attack - 17d6 + 12.

If you're a dps rogue (not a flavor build like mechanic or acrobat), then the majority of your damage SHOULD be sneak attack. If not, you've built it wrong.

And when the majority of your damage is nerfed in epic raids, it makes a HUGE difference in what you bring to the raid.

And so, my protest continues. With the nerfs to rogues, I just don't have the heart to continue the story about a rogue...

Quote Originally Posted by nerdychaz View Post

I'm sorry, Chaz. I know you know your way around the class, but Ookami007 is spot on in his assessment of the impact this kind of a fort increase has. He and I may have disagreements on the details, but I've run with him, and this isn't his first picnic.

And, regardless, any time an artist we admire decides to take a stand on something, it reflects poorly on we as fans to not respect that. If you and I need to continue this debate, let's take it to PMs out of respect for the OP.

Thanks.
    Last edited by SableShadow; 09-17-2011 at 01:38 AM.
    Brenna and Tzanna Wavekin
    The Dancing Rogues of Argonnessen
    Ascent

Awesome work. +1

Not bad. I was seriously thinking of doing the same thing. However I was actually gonna draw it, and not take screenshots thru a photoshop halftone look. but hey, nice execution.
    Cannith. Loot. Shaolo (20) - Nicodemuss (TR) - Anathos (TR) - Shaoloalint (TR) - Melowdie (20) - Nicoheals (TR) and a bunch of others.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12