Hybrid View

Where it is cold and wet all day in the U.S.A.

Default True reincarnate and crafting....can't find the answer.

I have been trying to search the forums, I have been trying to use google, I get hits from google, but all from April this year, and none that covers my question...

I have heard it BOTH WAYS that you lose your crafting levels, just like your favor when you TR, and that you don't.

What is the real deal? I have stopped bothering with crafting on my main on ghalanda because I was told that it resets to zero when you TR. We were just discussing this in market chat, and nobody knows for sure, but the larger consensus is that you keep your crafting, I also read this in release notes from a couple updates ago.

But things change with crafting so much while it is in BETA, nobody is sure about it.

Anyone that actually knows for sure that can clear this up for me before I sell all this gear I had planned to DC when the hall came back up would be my new bestest friend in the whole wide world!!!

Seriously, is there a definitive answer on this yet?

Wow, I am still searching, as I play just enough to not be auto logged, and I see 25 views, and not 1 answer yet.

Community Member

Last thing I read was that you did NOT loose your crafting levels when you TR. There has been no official word on a change to this so I would assume it is still true.

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaNeed View Post
    Last thing I read was that you did NOT loose your crafting levels when you TR. There has been no official word on a change to this so I would assume it is still true.
    This was the last I had heard as well, but things I have been told recently make me not want to assume....

You know what happens when I assume don't you?

Trust me, it never winds up being good.

you maintain crafting lvls. i can assure you this as i had just tr.

Quote Originally Posted by stonysativa View Post
    you maintain crafting lvls. i can assure you this as i had just tr.
    OK, ty stony, I was getting full bags and after things I heard.....well, I was ready to vendor all my mules to the pawnstars if you lost the crafting levels..also sell all my greaters too.

You keep your current crafting XP. However, the number of times that you have created each shard is reset to 0, which is almost all upside for levelling.

So if you are level 50 and there's a really cheap level 53 shard that you made so many times pre-TRing that you have a 100% chance but get next to no XP for making more of them, post TR you'll get lots of XP for that shard again, but you'll go back to an 85% chance on it.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    You keep your current crafting XP. However, the number of times that you have created each shard is reset to 0, which is almost all upside for levelling.

So if you are level 50 and there's a really cheap level 53 shard that you made so many times pre-TRing that you have a 100% chance but get next to no XP for making more of them, post TR you'll get lots of XP for that shard again, but you'll go back to an 85% chance on it.

Even better, thank you very much!

EDIT: Sadly, I have just mostly been stockpiling the mats on 4 mules for now, only leveled really what I have been getting from decon....for the most part anyway, figured on doing one huge grind for a day when I got the mats at 20 just before I do TR.

^^ This is correct, friend of mine just TR'd his crafter and kept all current exp and levels. Then when he started to grind to level crafting again (just before update that killed the hall), he could recraft all the shards he had previously tapped out of xp ... so it was an easy boost in his crafting levels.
    Sarlona - The Silent Accord
    Choyce (10th life, Rogue/Ranger splash) - Zedekia (20 Favored Soul, 2nd life)
    Vallheru (20 Monk, 2nd life) - Julle (20 Spellsinger Bard)
    Nimblum (20 Rogue) - Xzanthus (20 Wizard)

Quote Originally Posted by IBCROOTBEER View Post
    ^^ This is correct, friend of mine just TR'd his crafter and kept all current exp and levels. Then when he started to grind to level crafting again (just before update that killed the hall), he could recraft all the shards he had previously tapped out of xp ... so it was an easy boost in his crafting levels.
    Almost sound like I would be best off just leveling crafting to about level 20 ans stopping right there so I can redo the super cheap low level shards after the TR then. Would that work?

that would work, but i would think you could get higher than crafting level 20 pretty easily ... try making the 40's to 50's ... after that is when it gets really expensive to level crafting

Quote Originally Posted by IBCROOTBEER View Post
    that would work, but i would think you could get higher than crafting level 20 pretty easily ... try making the 40's to 50's ... after that is when it gets really expensive to level crafting
    /this.

Or, if you want a *lot* of Holy shards across your account, level up to the point that Holy shards give good XP (say when they are 75% success rate or so), make 10 or so of them, make all the really cheap shards in that range, then TR, then make more of them.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

/this.

Or, if you want a *lot* of Holy shards across your account, level up to the point that Holy shards give good XP (say when they are 75% success rate or so), make 10 or so of them, make all the really cheap shards in that range, then TR, then make more of them.
    /this

You gentlemen make good sense, and I shall heed your advice. I have yet to actually craft an item, but I made a few good lowest level shards for the TR when it comes, so you are verily muchily helping me out.

Hey thanks!