Default How do I fix this bugged weapon?

I had a +3 Superior Ardor I Khopesh and I applied a Flaming shard to it. The Flaming shard only partially overwrote the Superior Ardor I prefix and the weapon isn't useful to my level 9 toon. Is there anyway of fixing this? I don't have the essences to make new +3 and Flaming shards. I filed a bug report about this and I was hoping Turbine would fix this for me, but I guess they crafting support team is busy right now.
    Returning player who is struggling to catch up with all the new changes.

There's a pretty good chance that weapon is permanently stuck as it is right now, with no ability to ever craft on it again. Count yourself lucky it's not cold iron, silver, or have a guild augment slot, meaning at least it's pretty easily replaceable.

Community Member

The only thing I can think of is that the Flaming prefix has a higher base level than the Superior Ardor 1, hence the increase in ML. You can reset the whole weapon, but that would mean making the Flaming shard again and making it a +2 (not +3), that would reduce the ML. But as you said you cant do that then I am afraid your only option is to wait until you do hit lv11.

Edited to remove a misunderstanding
    Last edited by NinjaNeed; 07-16-2011 at 08:20 AM.

When you enter the Crafting Hall your screen tells you there is no support because it's in beta.
    Started playing the awesome game 07/19/2009

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaNeed View Post
    As for the weapon, only thing I can think of is that the Flaming prefix has a higher base level than the Superior Ardor 1, hence the increase in ML.
    Flaming has a crafting level of 1 and Superior Ardor I has a crafting level of 2

You can reset the whole weapon, but that would mean making the Flaming shard again and making it a +2 (not +3), that would reduce the ML. But as you said you cant do that then I am afraid your only option is to wait until you do hit lv11.
    Actually, a crafted +3 Flaming weapon has a ML of 7

While your potential isn't being calculated correctly, there is a history in the game of items having more power than potential. It has always been an issue with the crafting system that the crafting machines won't do anything unless you have enough potential. With a higher plus than potential, no machine will modify the OP's weapon.

Many powergamers were hit by this issue the hardest, since the orginal u9 crafting update didn't have potential as a game mechanic. They rushed to craft DR breakers with silver and cold iron khopeshes, falchions, and even handwraps. Next update potential was introduced, and it turns out their initial projects now had higher than +5 potential with no way to ever modify the weapon again. (Can't even add a shard of potential to it.)

If a fix were introduced, there are more than a few people that would be very happy about it. But as it stands today, this has always been a "your weapon is stuck like that forever" situation. (Just imagine the poor guy with the silver handwraps stuck in this bug.)

You can reset the whole weapon
    For clarity, unless something changed in this most recent patch, you cannot even disjunct an item that has more power than its potential. None of the crafting machines will touch it.

Community Member

My apologies, I assumed you meant that his weapon would be stuck as it is forever due to crafting "not coming back".

My mistake, as they say in Hollywood "assumption is the mother of all f-ups".

Once again I apologise.

Are you sure it isn't just a display bug? it used to be that overwriting a shard keep showing the old minimum level but trying to equip it would refresh the view in the examine window.

In either case since it is a regular kopesh there's no point in trying to blank it again, just find a new one.
    Otherwise i'd try overwriting the +3 with a +1 and flaming with flaming touch, but if it is bugged it won't help.

yeah, to properly craft over you need to first apply a +0 shard; currently, when you craft over something it includes the + of the previous enhancement as well. the work-around is to use a +0 shard such as fire touch or similar.

of course, that's not really any help to you now that weapon is basically no longer craftable, barring some sort of fix.

Quote Originally Posted by donfilibuster View Post
    Are you sure it isn't just a display bug? it used to be that overwriting a shard keep showing the old minimum level but trying to equip it would refresh the view in the examine window.
    Whenever I try to equip it, I get an "You are not high enough level" message. I tried throwing it away and then buying it back from a bartender. Still screwed up. Maybe when I am level 11, I will equip it and the problem will go away.

Crafting over something with 3x clickies will keep the 3/day bit and increase the min level a bit. Tried it a couple times to see if anything weird would happen. Bug report it, trash it, and move on since it's easy to replace.
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen