Default sarcasm: Thanks for making my choice of crafting character messed up

Yugoloth pots? Silver flame pots? Really? I chose my multiple TR character to craft on, because it doesn't go away with TRs. I mean I am planning 13 lives for this chick. I chose her cause I thought it would be fun to strip items, redo them as she levels up, or do a buncha bta things. Might I ask that you take the binding off silver flame and yugo pots or make them bta so i'm not penalized for apparently "choosing" badly. I mean right now she's at 45/49/44 do you know how much time and resources that took? and now, it's moot for a few items cause until 2 years from now I won't even ATTEMPT to get the yugo favor, and silver flame favor
    Current TR project -- Anshel life 8 of 20 ending up FVS
    Side TR project -- Daciana (life 8 of 14 maybe)(Will be completionist druid)
    Khyber main server

Originally Posted by MeliCat:
    I don't like strawberry ice cream. You can offer all the strawberry ice cream that you like and I won't eat it. Offer me chocolate and I'll ask for second helpings.

my suggestion is that in your current life you gain all teh silver flame favor and the yugo favor, then buy stacks of the yugo and silver flame pots for crafting ... then continue your TR process. Its probably not the prefered sollution, but many of us tried to tell Turbine that favor rewards and other highly sought after items (large devil scales and demon blood) were bad ideas and they still didn't listen. So at least this would solve your problem. Just means you may need to remain 20 a bit longer than you intended.
    Sarlona - The Silent Accord
    Choyce (10th life, Rogue/Ranger splash) - Zedekia (20 Favored Soul, 2nd life)
    Vallheru (20 Monk, 2nd life) - Julle (20 Spellsinger Bard)
    Nimblum (20 Rogue) - Xzanthus (20 Wizard)

Quote Originally Posted by IBCROOTBEER View Post
    my suggestion is that in your current life you gain all teh silver flame favor and the yugo favor, then buy stacks of the yugo and silver flame pots for crafting ... then continue your TR process. Its probably not the prefered sollution, but many of us tried to tell Turbine that favor rewards and other highly sought after items (large devil scales and demon blood) were bad ideas and they still didn't listen. So at least this would solve your problem. Just means you may need to remain 20 a bit longer than you intended.
    I thank you for your thought, but I won't do it this life unless I really like it at 20. Although the build is sound (not one of those 10/10 builds) I do not "like" it and just wanna pass through, maybe on my cleric life or paladin life I'll stick around at 20 and do this, I'm not gonna play something I don't like, just because they borked my crafting.
    Current TR project -- Anshel life 8 of 20 ending up FVS
    Side TR project -- Daciana (life 8 of 14 maybe)(Will be completionist druid)
    Khyber main server

Originally Posted by MeliCat:
    I don't like strawberry ice cream. You can offer all the strawberry ice cream that you like and I won't eat it. Offer me chocolate and I'll ask for second helpings.

I don't blame you. Kinda feel the same way. My other suggestion, is to try and get guildies or friends to help you gain the favor as part of your leveling up process. That way you do not have to remain at 20 at all
    Sarlona - The Silent Accord
    Choyce (10th life, Rogue/Ranger splash) - Zedekia (20 Favored Soul, 2nd life)
    Vallheru (20 Monk, 2nd life) - Julle (20 Spellsinger Bard)
    Nimblum (20 Rogue) - Xzanthus (20 Wizard)

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Texas - the most "MURICA!" part of 'murica! rawr

i seem to remember bright and early yesterday, while the game was still down, MadFloyd making a comment to the effect of "hmm, so favor rewards are NOT ACCEPTABLE as ingredients. Noted." and since the patch was the process of being implemented it went in as is. i think there is still hope that these items will be removed.

but eh. *shrug*

the official home of LOLWUT

LONG LIVE R.O.G.U.E ! Pay2Win AND PROUD
    Q: how do you get me to instantly appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question!

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

Me too.

I chose the char I was going for completionists on.... figured he could at least use those low lvl items I was forced to make while lvling up my crafting skills.

But since TRing resets favor, he will probably never have the favor he needs to craft the higher lvl stiff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Talon_Moonshadow View Post
    higher lvl stiff.
    I get several emails a day asking me if I'd like one of these.