Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23
  1. #1
    Community Member Xaxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,348

    Default release notes say 125... unbound is 125.. bound is 100?

    as per title, release notes say 125.. unbound is at 125... bound is at 100... if your gonna do it... do it and add bound to 125... if your just trying to crotchtease us on top of the middle finger... remove the release note.

  2. #2

    Default

    I have the strong feeling that they will not be introducing any more shards and therefore have no need for more bound levels. The only opening up of anything in the future will be on unbound to allow for the crafting of shards that will require up to level 200 (double) on the unbound system. Again, just my gut feeling on it.
    Cannith Crafting Spreadsheet/Calculator http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...26#post3896426

  3. #3
    Community Manager Cordovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Boston Area, MA
    Posts
    15,758

    Default

    The Bound crafting recipes currently go up to 100, and Unbound recipes currently go up to 125, since Unbound recipes have a higher crafting level than Bound recipes.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!



  4. #4
    Community Member Bodic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    2,648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The Bound crafting recipes currently go up to 100, and Unbound recipes currently go up to 125, since Unbound recipes have a higher crafting level than Bound recipes.
    and this is because?
    You are pretty good at not saying anything.

  5. #5
    Community Member Xaxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The Bound crafting recipes currently go up to 100, and Unbound recipes currently go up to 125, since Unbound recipes have a higher crafting level than Bound recipes.
    then edit the release notes to say unbound crafting has been rasised to 125 not "■Players can now craft up to crafting level 125" crafting level implies all crafting not one half of it.

  6. #6
    Community Member dkyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    5,477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodic View Post
    and this is because?
    My guess? Bound crafting only goes up to 100. Period. No Vorpals, Smiters, Disruptors, etc.

    Since unbound crafting is simply double the CL, triple the ingredients, that's where we get the "past 150" levels.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dkyle View Post
    My guess? Bound crafting only goes up to 100. Period. No Vorpals, Smiters, Disruptors, etc.

    Since unbound crafting is simply double the CL, triple the ingredients, that's where we get the "past 150" levels.
    This has been my understanding since day 1. I've never expected to see a single recipe added, and so far none have been added since u9.0.

  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    467

    Default

    its funny thogh but thier cannith crafting guide list vurpal paralizers and a bunh more that arent in there but now that they patched the crafting system till they broke it who cares let the top 10 percent use it

  9. #9
    The Hatchery Scraap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The Bound crafting recipes currently go up to 100, and Unbound recipes currently go up to 125, since Unbound recipes have a higher crafting level than Bound recipes.
    So would that mean vorpals, paralizers (yes, when explicit mention is made of that, I'm gonna keep harping on it :P) and the like aren't plugged in, or are actually below 100, but aren't flipped on yet due to other concerns?

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scraap View Post
    So would that mean vorpals, paralizers (yes, when explicit mention is made of that, I'm gonna keep harping on it :P) and the like aren't plugged in, or are actually below 100, but aren't flipped on yet due to other concerns?
    You can check in-game once the crafting hall goes back up. The machine that attaches shards to items has all recipes, even ones that aren't available because they're too high level. That's how I created the recipe thread linked in signature shortly after u9.0 hit live, even though you could only craft shards up to level 50. (Metalline was always in the list, for example.)

  11. #11
    Community Member TheDearLeader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The Bound crafting recipes currently go up to 100, and Unbound recipes currently go up to 125, since Unbound recipes have a higher crafting level than Bound recipes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodic View Post
    and this is because?
    You are pretty good at not saying anything.
    I kinda have to agree with the above, Cordy.

    Plain black and white: Can we expect Bound crafting recipes above the current maximum, level 100?

  12. #12
    Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    work....
    Posts
    30,169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodic View Post
    and this is because?
    You are pretty good at not saying anything.
    It means that anything you can craft at 100 bound, can probably be crafted at 125 unbound making what you can create equal.

  13. #13
    Community Member Cyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    7,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    It means that anything you can craft at 100 bound, can probably be crafted at 125 unbound making what you can create equal.
    That would be a pretty serious design failure.

    After all the whole "why invest in getting your own crafting levels up" issue really is not an much of an issue if there were more powerful bound shards then unbound shards.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

  14. #14
    Community Manager Cordovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Boston Area, MA
    Posts
    15,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDearLeader View Post
    I kinda have to agree with the above, Cordy.

    Plain black and white: Can we expect Bound crafting recipes above the current maximum, level 100?
    Additional bound crafting recipes above crafting level 100 could always be added in the future, but we currently offer bound shards up to level 100. Higher crafting level recipes are available for unbound crafting due to the nature of unbound recipes having a higher crafting level requirement than their bound equivalents.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!



  15. #15
    Hero Gkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodic View Post
    and this is because?
    You are pretty good at not saying anything.
    Because Mad in another thread said he mostly wanted people to craft for themselves.

  16. #16
    Community Member TheDearLeader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Additional bound crafting recipes above crafting level 100 could always be added in the future, but we currently offer bound shards up to level 100. Higher crafting level recipes are available for unbound crafting due to the nature of unbound recipes having a higher crafting level requirement than their bound equivalents.
    Thank you.

  17. #17
    Community Member Cyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    7,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Additional bound crafting recipes above crafting level 100 could always be added in the future, but we currently offer bound shards up to level 100. Higher crafting level recipes are available for unbound crafting due to the nature of unbound recipes having a higher crafting level requirement than their bound equivalents.
    Bummer thought the system might actually have someplace to go besides two weapons and a set of goggles for most people. Particularly considering it looks like you can have someone else craft these items for you.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

  18. #18
    Community Member Arkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    6,247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Additional bound crafting recipes above crafting level 100 could always be added in the future, but we currently offer bound shards up to level 100. Higher crafting level recipes are available for unbound crafting due to the nature of unbound recipes having a higher crafting level requirement than their bound equivalents.
    Either you're getting good at this or the Turbine Legal Team is hard at work.

  19. #19
    Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    work....
    Posts
    30,169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyr View Post
    That would be a pretty serious design failure.

    After all the whole "why invest in getting your own crafting levels up" issue really is not an much of an issue if there were more powerful bound shards then unbound shards.
    Why? Do you want to help friends or try to make a buck on the AH? Sounds like short sighted thinking not any sort of serious design flaw.

    Could there be better ways to do a crafting system? Sure, but this isn't the thread for that.

  20. #20
    Hopeless Romantic dunklezhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Yorkshire Toxic Fringe Zone
    Posts
    4,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    Either you're getting good at this or the Turbine Legal Team is hard at work.
    Harsh, dude. Way harsh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload