Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 73 of 73
  1. #61
    Community Member Eilyen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Oh look, we broke it already, whatever "it" is.

    I hope whatever the problem is, that, whoever is responsible for the "must push stuff out NOW!" thing gets the message that pushing out untested code directly to live servers is not a sound strategy...

    Eh, like that will ever happen. We can still dream.

  2. #62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Letrii View Post
    TP reimbursement for crafting downtime.
    I'm starting to think that by the time this is through we'll be wishing for all our plat and gear back for crafting wastetime.
    Cannith Crafting Spreadsheet/Calculator http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...26#post3896426

  3. #63
    Community Member Letrii's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    2,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Merrill_Greeneshade View Post
    I'm starting to think that by the time this is through we'll be wishing for all our plat and gear back for crafting wastetime.
    I rather get TP, I need shared bank and some adventure packs.


    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

  4. #64
    Community Member Fillivan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Letrii View Post
    I rather get TP, I need shared bank and some adventure packs.
    Greed is not good... i prefer milk, cookies, and seeing the wall turned into a cinema :P. That way we can enjoy epicness like the epic fail when we wiped on the second phase of Shroud today XD.

  5. #65
    Community Member Rumbaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    4,377

    Default

    Shock, surprise, more shock. This patch was fail before it was released on Lammania. It was then proved fail and a quick hotfix of the the hotfix ensure a keen doubletrike critical hit of fail.

    I hope no-one lost anything of value.
    Leader - Ωmega Syndicate [L41] guild of Khyber|Orien - www.os.rumbaar.net
    Khyber - Eldraine - Monk | Eldaline - Favored Soul | Eldnuker - Sorcerer
    █████ - Eldalorne - Wizard | Elarawr - Fighter | Eldrainge - Ranger/Rogue

  6. #66
    Community Member Bodic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    2,648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rumbaar View Post
    I hope no-one lost anything of value.
    They did.

  7. #67
    Community Member Vellrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)
    Posts
    6,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    Did you guys know they removed the 4 second delay for constructing and deconstructing shards?

    I wonder if they'll put it back? Hmmm...
    So what?
    I had to close deconstructing device after EACH deconstruct, so I was deconstructing slower.

  8. #68
    Community Member Letrii's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    2,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rumbaar View Post
    Shock, surprise, more shock. This patch was fail before it was released on Lammania. It was then proved fail and a quick hotfix of the the hotfix ensure a keen doubletrike critical hit of fail.

    I hope no-one lost anything of value.
    I lost the most important thing, access to crafting hall.


    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

  9. #69
    The Hatchery ferrite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    482

    Default Instead of closing the crafting hall..

    ..why not simply remove the offending elements?

    If the trainer is problematic, temporarily disable/remove it
    If shard crafting is problematic, temporarily disable/remove them

    There are many other useful things inside the crafting hall which are probably working just fine: the bank, auctioneer, merchant, mailbox, deconstruction device, etc

    I find my inventory filling fast with many things I'd like to deconstruct, but can't because the hall is now closed.

    When fixing bugs there's no need to throw the baby out with the bathwater/use a hammer to thread the needle, or however the saying goes.

  10. #70
    Community Member Fillivan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Yeah, or they could have placed a deconstruction device outside or something, but hey if this rly happened ppl were going to stop complaining... what's good about that? XD

  11. #71
    Community Member Rumbaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    4,377

    Default

    Looking at the known issues thread, there is a lot of issues with the current Crafting.

    I do not know how they get to live though ...
    Leader - Ωmega Syndicate [L41] guild of Khyber|Orien - www.os.rumbaar.net
    Khyber - Eldraine - Monk | Eldaline - Favored Soul | Eldnuker - Sorcerer
    █████ - Eldalorne - Wizard | Elarawr - Fighter | Eldrainge - Ranger/Rogue

  12. #72
    Founder Grindor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    La La Land
    Posts
    273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ferrite View Post
    ..why not simply remove the offending elements?

    If the trainer is problematic, temporarily disable/remove it
    If shard crafting is problematic, temporarily disable/remove them

    There are many other useful things inside the crafting hall which are probably working just fine: the bank, auctioneer, merchant, mailbox, deconstruction device, etc

    I find my inventory filling fast with many things I'd like to deconstruct, but can't because the hall is now closed.

    When fixing bugs there's no need to throw the baby out with the bathwater/use a hammer to thread the needle, or however the saying goes.
    Having written software for quite some time now, I can tell you the fact that they have it modularized enough to be able to shutdown crafting with out having to bring the entire server down is decently impressive. Think about the alternative... they could have brought the entire game down. That's how things use to get done, even in DDO. Ah the "good ol' days." haha
    Life is good. Eternal life is better.
    Drogoth - 19/1 Clr/Rgr || Fenced Goods - 20 Brd || Faeruen - 18/2 Brd/Rog
    Skrak - 10/6/2 Ftr/Rgr/Rog || Briggy - 16/2 Brd/Rog || Tayly - 18 Clr (all max exp)
    More in the works...

  13. #73
    Bwest Fwiends Memnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ¿
    Posts
    16,609

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rumbaar View Post
    I do not know how they get to live though ...
    Gordon Gecko could tell ya.
    53461

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload