Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TempestAlphaOmega View Post
    There are a couple of people posting in a thread or two that failing to craft an item when the materials were in your bag was resulting in a 100% loss of all ing from the attempt instead of a percentage of the ing. When you failed using ing that was outside the bag you still only lost a %.

Perhaps that was the issue?
    That was an issue but not the issue.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by somenewnoob View Post
    Keep it closed IMO.
    I'm leaning that way also, there is not much reason for my characters to go in there anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Community Member

Default Why was it closed?

Perhaps [excessive ingredient loss] was the issue?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    Did you guys know they removed the 4 second delay for constructing and deconstructing shards?
    Yes.

They closed it temporarily to see if crafting is the source of the lag. See Codeshaper's post in the Dev Tracker.

Sheesh.

There are a couple of people posting in a thread or two that failing to craft an item when the materials were in your bag was resulting in a 100% loss of all ing from the attempt instead of a percentage of the ing. When you failed using ing that was outside the bag you still only lost a %.

Perhaps that was the issue?
    That sounds serious enough to me. Especially considering some of the pricey/rare components people have to use at the higher levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Torc View Post
    I’m only nerfing you now so I can buff you later.

It seems likely that it is a full loss of ingredients after failing a crafting from a bag. Since that is the new feature in this update, and people have been waiting for it and want to use it, Turbine would have a lot of angry customers tomorrow. Good thing they caught the problem quick!

Quote Originally Posted by Splatterfart View Post
    Cut the devs some slack. They've been churning out updates and new content at a pretty fast pace lately. You can't make an omlette without breaking a few eggs.
    sorry they havent been releasing that much content that fast.. smaller chunks faster... but still not that much.....

as for the eggs.... they didnt break a few eggs.... the threw the damned chicken off the sears tower.....

"These are not the Droids you are looking for" "Move Along"

Quote Originally Posted by Xaxx View Post
    as for the eggs.... they didnt break a few eggs.... the threw the damned chicken off the sears tower.....
    lmao funniest thing I've seen all day
    Officer of the Platinum Knights of Cannith, Founder of the guild GHOSTBANE of Cannith
    Main - Death - Completionist and then some...
    Other Characters - Holy, Leap, War, Optimusprime, Intimitank, Lanfear, Can, Afkbiobrb, Garagesale, Leverpuller and many more

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralDiomedes View Post
    They closed it temporarily to see if crafting is the source of the lag. See Codeshaper's post in the Dev Tracker.

Sheesh.
    No its not. codeshaper is just taking advantage of the shutdown. He and his research are NOT the the reason for the closure of the Crafting hall.

No crafting to do then....

So what else is on?

<------Pay no attention to the join date, played pre-launch in EU & moved to U.S. servers.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralDiomedes View Post

Sheesh.
    No

http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...8&postcount=29

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnsfire View Post
    That sounds serious enough to me. Especially considering some of the pricey/rare components people have to use at the higher levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by psteen1 View Post
    It seems likely that it is a full loss of ingredients after failing a crafting from a bag. Since that is the new feature in this update, and people have been waiting for it and want to use it, Turbine would have a lot of angry customers tomorrow. Good thing they caught the problem quick!
    No

http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...9&postcount=20

I can imagine it already .. "whoops, there goes the LDS and the demon's blood... MDK MDK!!!"

Default The problems is....

Quote Originally Posted by grodon9999 View Post
    LOL this is great, a bunch of use know what the issue is but can't say it.
    Right, so the power gamers won the first round and were able to level to cap easily (if not cheaply) but with the plat from the CC / Mabar it didn't really cost them anything.

And then, those with ample play time on patch day (those not concerned about the high level crafting ingredients but merely watching the delay disappear) win the second round.

Where does that leave the casual gamer who works for a living? Well, it kicked me out of the crafting hall on log-in so I guess it's off to the brokers to unload all this stuff and go back to grinding stale content. Crafting is dead. I'm just wishing the game wasn't still in live beta after so many years. Live by the Lam, die by the Lam if only what we suggested was considered....

~Khyber~

Quote Originally Posted by Rasmus View Post
    I bet the devs are just kicking out all the squatters from the crafting hall. Come on ppl, its not an apartment!
    But nyxy likes it there it has a garden they wont let me grow one on my airship

Seriously I hope when they bring it back its still worth it as a time sink I actually found it enjoyable to end my night crunching junk and turning the essences into more useful shards even had guildies asking me to help them by making unbound stuff which was what I was shooting for. And nope not at the top barely breaking 70s but I do it a little at a time and just get rid of anything my alts can't use.

Please let it still be worth it when it gets back.
    Kalari-Lost Legions resident Drunking Gaming Diva!
    Im not bad Im morally Obtuse...
    *Enter my Den..*/*Live RPG fun on Skype*

Community Member

So that's why I didn't get any lag on ToD?

Keep that place closed forever \o/
    Kmnh * Kmn * Kmm * Knn * Knm

Leader of Templar

My poor level 7 FVS has an inventory full of stuff to break down. Fair trades will be getting a visit tonight with tons of shocking stuff. Was going to break everything down into essences to sell but oh well. We'll see what happens after they fix whatever it is that caused them to shut it down.
    Cannith - Falconsbane(8 - 3rd life), NeedOil (14), NeedMead, Needfood, hobbitarcher(5)
    Sarlona - Zebidiahh (19.8), Anotherpers(20), Smurgh(16), Falconsbane(14), Needoil(15)
    The first rule of the trashcan guild is expect to die...
    There is no second rule.

Quote Originally Posted by psteen1 View Post
    Just pull ingredients out of bag before crafting, no need to prevent me from deconning items for it.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Letrii View Post
    Just pull ingredients out of bag before crafting, no need to prevent me from deconning items for it.
    An issue of that sort -- one that results in a net disadvantage to players -- isn't severe enough to warrant Turbine pulling the plug on the entire system. Think in the other direction.
    Last edited by Zeruell; 07-13-2011 at 04:02 PM.

I didn't craft anything today as a guildy warned me of bugs. So I just deconstructed some items. But even in this activity the crafting device window showed some strange behaviour. Approach the device. Open the device window. Put something in the device to deconstruct. Deconstruct it. If I tried to put another item there for deconstruction the window was unresponsible. Close device window. Open it again. Rinse and repeat. This is just a nuisance.

The ingredient bag bug is even worse. Luckily I didn't stumble upon that one.

Issues like this are supposed to be found by the quality assurance team before roll out. If you test software you have to be a pessimist. You have to identify scenarios which have to be tested. And if there are too many scenarios then you have to make priorities. Some tests have to be done manually. Other tests can be automated. Finding every bug is not realistic. It's a boring job sometimes. But someone has to do the job. Someone, but not the customer! Especially on some of the more obvious issues.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast