Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Please relax slot restrictions

In another thread MadFloyd stated:

Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Did we ever say that we wouldn't relax slot restrictions? I can't say that I have personally noticed anyone asking for it (doesn't mean you haven't, just means I haven't seen it), but I do know it's something high on our list of considerations and we have been debating it.
    In response, please consider signing this petition to encourage greater diversity in slot options for Cannith crafting.

Please feel free to list specific (non game-breaking) examples of expanded slot options.

For example, we can currently have seeker on a pirate hat. I would like to see seeker on goggles.
    Meleee alacrity comes on main hand weapons and trinkets. I would like to see it on gloves.
    Other suggestions?

/signed

I would put almost everything as no slot restriction with only weapon modifiers being more restrictive (those which apply as body effects such as seeker) and those being modified on a case by case basis.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Quote Originally Posted by BoBo2020 View Post
    For example, we can currently have seeker on a pirate hat. I would like to see seeker on goggles.
    Disapprove on this one. Accessory Seeker is the epitome of what should remain the purview of named items (and the products of very specific crafting systems). Same with backstabbing, and things like Destruction, Crippling, Smiting, etc.

Mixing and matching conventional accessory enchantments is fine. Stuff like Strength +6 amulets, and Charisma +6 belts. Maybe throw armor into the mix; just restrict truly potent things like Lifeshield and possibly Deathblock to armor.

But crossing between weapon and accessory enchantments is out of line.

Community Member

I'd like to see more prefixes available on equipment types that don't have many. I mean, look at the list here: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=318331 Before 10.1 (and possibly after), there are as few as 3 prefixes available to pieces of equipment like Googles. Suffixes don't have the problem because (aside from there being more suffixes available in general) skill boosts are a suffix and are universally useful. Having only Armor, Natural Armor, and Spell Focus available on Bracers makes crafting them basically pointless for anybody that isn't building an offensive caster or trying to achieve usable AC.

Community Member

I'm going to go against the grain here and say that Cannith Crafting shouldn't be able to reproduce items that couldn't drop randomly. Just my opinion. Odd slottings are part of what makes named items more valuable. Make that available in Cannith Crafting and you devalue named loot like Spectral Gloves and Bloodstones.

Crafting will never replace named loot, since named loot is typically more powerful and can have more effects per item than crafting will ever be able to achieve. However, allowing things to be crafted in slots that are not normLly found would actually make crafting unique and useful. It would allow people a bit more flexibility in their gear while leveling, or farming for that perfect named item. It would finally make crafted items 'better' than random generated loot, which it should be! If you can only craft things that can be randomly generated, why bother? Just buy the item you want from the AH and save the time of leveling up crafting.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    I'm going to go against the grain here and say that Cannith Crafting shouldn't be able to reproduce items that couldn't drop randomly. Just my opinion. Odd slottings are part of what makes named items more valuable. Make that available in Cannith Crafting and you devalue named loot like Spectral Gloves and Bloodstones.
    Buts that is not true, there are random loot items that go against the grain in the current game like Strenght Rings and Strider Rings. So why should we not be able to craft said items.
    Life is just a candle and a dream
    Must give it flame :Rush

How about Special "Blanks" drops that can have different qualities...

more than 1 prefix and/or suffix, ie 2 prefix or 2 suffix or 2 prefix and 1 suffix, ...

can take prefix/suffix of different item type. Boots that can have Cloak prefix/suffix

for weapons, better base stats and/or critical profile

A "Special Blank Drops" can have 1 or more comination of above properties.

Quote Originally Posted by Creadance View Post
    Buts that is not true, there are random loot items that go against the grain in the current game like Strenght Rings and Strider Rings. So why should we not be able to craft said items.
    Strength Rings and Strider Rings are entirely within the grain.

Rings can take on the enchantments of any other accessory slot. That's just how they work.

And I though Strength Rings and Strider Rings were craftable. Are they not?

/signed

Would make crafting.....uh.....USEFUL! lol
    I'm piking at work.
    I disarm traps........with my face!
    How do I know that I am better than you are? Because I'm in Thrudh's signature and you're not. That's how.

I would be all for it if we had a basic cost for bonuses to go into it’s “Standard” slot and an increased/exotic cost for it to go into “Non-Standard” slots.
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • Fixing physical defense for Rangers and Rogues. It’s ridiculous that you’re better off wearing Heavy Armor and ignoring your innate feats on these classes.
    • Cannith Crafting.
    • Update the named loot to put them on the same system.
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
    • Fixing all challenges to give us decent XP and ingredient returns for the unreasonable time we have to spend in most of them.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Creadance View Post
    I'm all for relaxing any slot restrictions that don't match up to the items that can be randomly dropped.

I'm against adding things to crafting that can't drop as a random item.

They may have oversights that need added to bring crafting into line with random drops still and if they do those need fixed. They should also fix the ML's while they're at it so that crafting is in line with non-crafted.

I'm going to go against the grain here and say that Cannith Crafting shouldn't be able to reproduce items that couldn't drop randomly.
    I'm against adding things to crafting that can't drop as a random item.
    Too late, that ship has sailed. Ever since the very first iteration -- back in u9.0 -- you could put any skill on any piece of clothing or jewelry.

Not a lot of boots of minute seeing or bracers of concentration in the random loot tables.

Community Member bradleyforrest's Avatar

I wrote a thread about this a few weeks ago. Sadly, it didn't get much in the way of views. I think this is a good place to repost it

Quote Originally Posted by bradleyforrest View Post
    In the 3.5 DMG there is a section about creating new magic items. It gives a cost breakdown and formulae for creating anything that you ever wanted. One part of this is whether a bonus is in its affinity slot or not, ie: +Int of a head slot.

You are able to craft a +Int item on any slot you want, but it costs you more than if it were in the affinity slots.

What I suggest is to allow us to do the same.

Keep the current crafting options as is. Those items are (mostly) in the appropriate affinity slots for the bonuses they give. Then, give us additional recipes that have a higher difficulty and ingredient cost to apply to any slot. This would mirror the 3.5 crafting system and give us the options that PnP has.

You could even use the method currently in place for unbound crafting: twice the crafting level, 3 times the ingredients cost. Extended further, it will make unbound versions extremely costly, but if you can't craft something like +INT on boots yourself, it should be expensive to have someone else do it.

This extension to the crafting system would give us more flexibility in filling voids in gear, even if it isn't cheap or easy to do. More options are almost always a good thing.

/signed
    Real life is a worse grind than any MMO.
    Sarlona:
    Tirisha 25 FVS, Aierian 25 MNK, Girltank 18 FTR/ 2PALLY/5 EPIC, Seidra 25 SORC, Wikka 20 WIZ, Kylexi 20 PALLY, Stephony 20 Bard

absolutely do this. right on.
    Almost nearly always: Ghallanda, THE OLD TIMERS' GUILD
    Most likely: Heisenberg, Landau, Boltzmann, Sommerfeld, Rutherford, Bohr, Tezla, and Dirac.
    But also: Vigner, Minkowski, Schrodinger, Fermi, Hartree, Sternn, Gerlach, and others.

/signed.
    PLEASE FIX LAG. PLEASE FIX BUGS.

/signed

Why bother crafting if you can get the same thing easier and cheaper in the AH?

I want to put dexterity on googles, darnit.

Quote Originally Posted by bradleyforrest View Post
    I wrote a thread about this a few weeks ago. Sadly, it didn't get much in the way of views. I think this is a good place to repost it

--
    In the 3.5 DMG there is a section about creating new magic items. It gives a cost breakdown and formulae for creating anything that you ever wanted. One part of this is whether a bonus is in its affinity slot or not, ie: +Int of a head slot.

You are able to craft a +Int item on any slot you want, but it costs you more than if it were in the affinity slots.

What I suggest is to allow us to do the same.

Keep the current crafting options as is. Those items are (mostly) in the appropriate affinity slots for the bonuses they give. Then, give us additional recipes that have a higher difficulty and ingredient cost to apply to any slot. This would mirror the 3.5 crafting system and give us the options that PnP has.

You could even use the method currently in place for unbound crafting: twice the crafting level, 3 times the ingredients cost. Extended further, it will make unbound versions extremely costly, but if you can't craft something like +INT on boots yourself, it should be expensive to have someone else do it.

This extension to the crafting system would give us more flexibility in filling voids in gear, even if it isn't cheap or easy to do. More options are almost always a good thing.
    --
    Oh Yes! A Thousand Times Yes! FOR PONY! *ZAP!*
    ~Intellect and Romance over Brute Force and Cynicism~

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast