Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

/signed again...

the most disappointing thing about crafting to me is the slot restrictions...

If I really need a disease immunity item, and I can only put it on the same items I can get from the AH, there is no point to making one. Being able to put it in a empty slot would make it worth the time to make.
    (Say): Haywire says, '"Hey, I don't come into yer home and play with things."'

Would love to see non-standard slots options opened up. Especially for end game gear but I think it would need to have a significant cost or ultra rare loot component (perferably something new to the tables, not something like a +4 tome) worked into somehow. Feel the same for lower level non-standard too but to a lesser extent since low level gear is outgrown so quickly.

yes id like to see a great deal of relaxation of slot restrictions.

Id do this in the folowing way.

have an unrestricted version of each recipie (bot for bound and un bound) that costs 50% more ingredients and requires a higher crafting lvl.

obviously some items will be very nice to have on off slots - backstabbing, seeker etc come to mind. Id propose these recipies require the sort of items that are curently in debate for banes, and should be subject to the same restrictions.

Id couple these changes with a significant lowering of the dificulties of producing stat and skill items.
    Ex Euro player from devourer: Charaters on orien(Officer of Under Estimated & Nightfox): Wrothgar, Cobolt, Shadeweaver, TheMetal, Metaphysical, Allfred, Razortusk and many more.
    stuff by me: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...02#post4938302

Earlier I proposed the idea of two different seeker shards (like Lifeshield has): one for weapons/shields and another for jewelry, and the jewelry one is capped at +4. How about the +4 version is still a normal recipe, but instead of capping at +4 you could also do seeker trinkets of +6 and +8 but those recipes require a bloodstone?

Any thoughts?

/signed * 1000

This would be a great addition, and a way to make crafted items that aren't for A. twinking, or B. another damn weapon slot.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by steelblueskies View Post
    Posted the thread" give the dev's/ genasi a leg up" on this in suggestions a while ago.
    Figured it wise to a) address slot mod mobility and b) combinations that make sense but are missing from even the named loot.

Example of a) featherfalling of moderate fort on a belt.

example of b) featherfalling and striding on the same item(say a ring or boots).

People tended to ignore it, or shoot only for the absurd.
    I think I agree with you, mostly. First: I really, really want 30% striding FF boots. That seems completely reasonable within the crafting system ... time consuming and expensive, yes, but reasonable.

However, I worry about ubiquitously freeing the slot placements for all/most effects. To me, part of the fun (and the agony) of finding that perfect array of gear is making choices concerning what your toon is capable of, and what your toon is NOT capable of. Take UMD, for example; it's bad enough the bday event gave virtually everyone a big bump to their UMD, but relaxing slot placement so everyone could equip persuasion and good luck items, while still keeping their bloodstone (or whatever) in place, seems to be going too far.

Abilities and skills - and the limitations of both - should be a compromise. IMO having limitations on slot placement (with some exceptions being rare/epic loot and/or reasonable pairings of existing effects) is one of several mechanisms that emphasize the social aspect of gaming. While I'm all for some relaxation (like the examples you posted above), I also agree some of the combinations would be absurd. There needs to be some checks and balances in slot placement to keep us interacting with other people. If you want God mode, go play Doom.

Unhappy Not with you on this..

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Earlier I proposed the idea of two different seeker shards (like Lifeshield has): one for weapons/shields and another for jewelry, and the jewelry one is capped at +4. How about the +4 version is still a normal recipe, but instead of capping at +4 you could also do seeker trinkets of +6 and +8 but those recipes require a bloodstone?

Any thoughts?
    I am firmly against letting us craft anything more than +4 seeker on anything other than a weapon.... Named and epic items have their place. Please let them be. I want Cannith Crafting to be what it is, a means for the casual/average gamer to gear themselves adequately/decently not an alternative loot system to raid or epic gear.
    "Its not D&D anymore, more D$D." -- Brannigan
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Community Member

Very much /not signed.

As it is the cannith crafting is another huge power creep. +4 attack bonus on goggles at lvl 9 is insane
    especially considering that the only other items that have this effect are epic.
    Adding to this the ability to put seeker wherever you want, fort wherever you want, swapping stat bonuses
    anywhere. I don't think this is a good direction, it will make the already great gap between new players and
    vets that much larger.

If you want something like this make the crafting actually go on further and up the min levels appropriately.
    I.e. +6 strength goggles ml: 17 or even 20.

Community Member

I would like to see all restrictions eliminated, with the exception of those specifically weapon-related. This whole crafting exercise is to make available to players those items that they wish for. Maybe I want my dex to be on my bracers. Why can I not have that? This is a game - it's all pretend. Right???

This is all moot until crafting resumes. I want my crafting! Please, pretty please.

Quote Originally Posted by Swoosie View Post
    I would like to see all restrictions eliminated, with the exception of those specifically weapon-related. This whole crafting exercise is to make available to players those items that they wish for. Maybe I want my dex to be on my bracers. Why can I not have that? This is a game - it's all pretend. Right???

This is all moot until crafting resumes. I want my crafting! Please, pretty please.
    Well, there are named bracers with dex bonuses. (+3 from Tangleroot, +6 from Necro4.)

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    I am firmly against letting us craft anything more than +4 seeker on anything other than a weapon.... Named and epic items have their place. Please let them be. I want Cannith Crafting to be what it is, a means for the casual/average gamer to gear themselves adequately/decently not an alternative loot system to raid or epic gear.
    The underlying idea was that it would allow cannith crafting to upgrade raid/epic gear. People are bothered by a crafted trinket that makes bloodstone obsolete, but it wouldn't make bloodstone obsolete if a bloodstone were part of the recipe.

Is the idea of upgrading a bloodstone bad in and of itself, or is it just bad for cannith crafting to be the mechanism for that upgrade?

I can't seem to agree or disagree with this one. It would be nice with some items to be able to put strength on items like bracers, but I would have to agree on the devaluing of specific named loot (seeker accessories vs. bloodstones).

So.. I suppose....

Stats and skill bonuses - /signed

Weapon-type bonuses - /not signed
    [09:05] (Tell): Taurolyon tells you, 'Wouldn't this game be better with timestamps?'

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    The underlying idea was that it would allow cannith crafting to upgrade raid/epic gear. People are bothered by a crafted trinket that makes bloodstone obsolete, but it wouldn't make bloodstone obsolete if a bloodstone were part of the recipe.

Is the idea of upgrading a bloodstone bad in and of itself, or is it just bad for cannith crafting to be the mechanism for that upgrade?
    The only problem with your thought is there is already an upgrade for this item - Epic Bloodstone. Consuming this item in the process of cannith crafting would require you to reacquire the base item should you acquire the epic components.
    [09:05] (Tell): Taurolyon tells you, 'Wouldn't this game be better with timestamps?'

Quote Originally Posted by taurolyon View Post
    The only problem with your thought is there is already an upgrade for this item - Epic Bloodstone. Consuming this item in the process of cannith crafting would require you to reacquire the base item should you acquire the epic components.
    Ah, I didn't know there was an epic version. Kinda makes a cannith-upgraded version pointless.

Didn't read the whole thread but for the record D&D allow item crafting both slotted and unslotted, both body affinity and non-affinity and also multiple powers on an item.

You can craft the item you want, it'd just cost more, and since +50% is negligible in DDO it'd make sense to require special ingredients.

I would actually spend time crafting if I could avoid slot restrictions to put the qualities I need on items that I'm not using to their best capacity.

I would support slotting non-affinity qualities having higher costs/crafting experience required but not if it raises the minimum usable level of the item. These items are often for specific levels where it's hard to slot a specific enhancement, not for the life of the toon so raising min level for usage would be worthless.

Hrm... on seeker specifically, I see alot of 'keep it off items' as a blanket statement, but what if they only relaxed it to rings or googles, for instance, so you'd have to choose to ditch, say, Tharnes, or a ToD ring if you had them to use that? Still too much flexibility?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234