Default The new thing is bad

DOOoOOOOooooooooOOooooooOOOOooOooOOOOOOooOOOOmmmmm mm!!!!1!!!!!1!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Last-Wolf View Post
    I surrender to your wit sir, well played
    Toons on Thelanis... Bairclaw, Icemaachine, Slydawg, Tazzster

Default And the old thing needs a nerf

DOoooOOoOoOOOOooooooooOOOoooOoooommmmmm!!!!!!1!!!! !1!!!!!

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!

And this time...............I MEAN IT!
    I'm piking at work.
    I disarm traps........with my face!

But some of the new thing are pretty cool.
    "Funny 'Ha-Ha, or Funny 'Uh-oh...'?
    Probably Funny 'Uh-Oh.'"
    Khyber - Mesaana, Samaeila Suncrusher

Quote Originally Posted by Kale_Hagan View Post
    Aside from the new ingredient requirements, I hafta agree there on that!
    I'm piking at work.
    I disarm traps........with my face!

The question is... did they just take crafting down to get rid of the good things? haha It was pretty funny to suddenly have dozens of people teleported out of the hall all at once.
    Life is good. Eternal life is better.
    Drogoth - 19/1 Clr/Rgr || Fenced Goods - 20 Brd || Faeruen - 18/2 Brd/Rog
    Skrak - 10/6/2 Ftr/Rgr/Rog || Briggy - 16/2 Brd/Rog || Tayly - 18 Clr (all max exp)
    More in the works...

Default Very cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Kale_Hagan View Post
    Actually, it is all very cool.

DDO is a very cool and fun game to play.

Thank you Turbine for creating this game. Thank you for the cool combat system. Thank you for always adding new content and new events to keep it fresh and exciting. Thank you for the crafting system. Thank you that you continue to work on things to get them right, so we will have a good and enjoyable product.

Abc thread

Madfloyd should come in and nerf it for the sake of balance!

*I can't find the post of his where he responded in the first thread of this kind*
    Last edited by Asketes; 07-13-2011 at 04:11 PM.
    (Perma) - Khyber - Official Helpers Guild Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Grease is an extremely valuable party buff.

Default Pay to win???

Pay to win? This has been the wierdest complaint over the last couple of days. People are complaining that Update 10.1 all of the sudden made this game 'pay to win'. Let's take a closer look....

First of all... There is no 'winning' in DDO. I think this is what cause most of the problems with other players. Some of them are trying to win, so when your gimp toon or your mistakes keeps them from 'winning' they get upset. Just to make it clear... YOU CAN NOT WIN DDO.

Secondly, I think they are talking about having to pay to make your toon uber. Well, as long as I have been playing that has been true. It has not changed in the last week. Most of the best gear is in adventure packs that must be purchased. Also, most of the best xp is in adventure packs as well. (and yes, I know that crafting was totally free for a little bit, but did you really expect it to stay free forever?)

Third, this approach is not called 'pay to win' this is called marketing. I like marketing because it is what keeps this game going. Without marketing we would not be playing. Marketing keeps the dollars rolling in so we can have new content, new events, and new things like crafting.

So, if you like the game... throw a couple of dollars at it and pay to win! ... er... I mean pay to play!

Default 2 Easy?

Was crafting too Easy?

I would have to say yes. I have only gotten to level 41/41/41. I say the grind was equal to that of grinding for a LitII, give or take a little. The difference being that with the LitII I have only one weapon to show for it, with crafting I can basically grind out as many +4 Holy (weapons) of Evil Outsider Bane with little effort. And the +4 Holy of EOB is a very good weapon.

Plus I can craft other cool stuff. Did you know you can make a minimum level 1 Feather Falling Ring? Cool stuff.

So, while I wished it hadn't changed until I reached level 100, this is probably an appropriate change. But overall crafting is still going to be very cool and it is a very nice addition to the game. I am glad it is here.

the new thing after 10.1 - lag is bad ......DoooooooooooooooooooooM

Sainikudu lvl20 monk(2nd life) Drsainikudu lvl2 fvs (3rd life) Mittu lvl12/2 wiz/rogue (2nd life) sainz lvl14 AA Shakthi lvl11/1/1 rgr/mnk/rog soccerer lvl5 sorc.

Default Is it?

Quote Originally Posted by insaneuou View Post
    the new thing after 10.1 - lag is bad ......DoooooooooooooooooooooM
    I have played for over a year now and have experienced very little lag. I mean there is the occasional server wide or instance wide lag, which I assume is the blame of Turbine, but in my experience these have been few.

I wonder how much lag people would experience if they turned their graphics down to low or had better PC's.

Default Conspiracy Theories

Conspiracy Theories...

Theory #1 - Increase Forum Use
    I am sure that the cost of running ads on the wesite is based on the amounts of 'hits/posts/views' that they have. Maybe the '2011 Crafting Fiasco' was created to generate more web traffic?

Theory #2 - Moar Money
    Turbine saw that crafting was popular and is making the changes to generate more income for the game we all love. Knowing that this would not be seen as favorable by those who will pay that money they rolled out an insane proposal, so they could back it down a little and we would then feel ok about having to buy Necro 1,2,3.

Theory #3 - Hampsters
    The hampsters have revolted and are now not only fueling the servers but writing the game as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jortann View Post
    Was crafting too Easy?

I would have to say yes. I have only gotten to level 41/41/41. I say the grind was equal to that of grinding for a LitII, give or take a little. The difference being that with the LitII I have only one weapon to show for it, with crafting I can basically grind out as many +4 Holy (weapons) of Evil Outsider Bane with little effort. And the +4 Holy of EOB is a very good weapon.

Plus I can craft other cool stuff. Did you know you can make a minimum level 1 Feather Falling Ring? Cool stuff.

So, while I wished it hadn't changed until I reached level 100, this is probably an appropriate change. But overall crafting is still going to be very cool and it is a very nice addition to the game. I am glad it is here.

Crafting to 41 IS easy. It's when you start getting up around 60 that it really starts to slow down and get costly. I'm up around mid 80s arcane and mid 60s in the other two. Trust me, it's about to get a lot worse for you.
    Life is good. Eternal life is better.
    Drogoth - 19/1 Clr/Rgr || Fenced Goods - 20 Brd || Faeruen - 18/2 Brd/Rog
    Skrak - 10/6/2 Ftr/Rgr/Rog || Briggy - 16/2 Brd/Rog || Tayly - 18 Clr (all max exp)
    More in the works...

And of course now EVERY bound divine recipe above L90 (barring backstabbing at L95 and potential) requires 2 or more of those stupid purified shards, it's harder than ever. I'm in the 90's crafting levels through sheer effort (I've never had much money) and this "patch" makes me want to cry real tears.

Crafting too easy? Puh-leaze. Maybe for that handful of people on each server who had a bunch of plat-capped toons, but they're always going to be around and it doesn't make sense to pitch a crafting system for a tiny minority.
    Crime in multi-storey car parks: it's wrong on so many levels.