Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Leveling the soul gem playing field

Are there any arcane hirelings with the trap the soul spell? If not, could there be?

Easier solution is not require them.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

player casters have to crunch shards to make the componets for their spell how would you want to handle that?

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    player casters have to crunch shards to make the componets for their spell how would you want to handle that?
    it is 1.2Kpp per cast if purchased from the portable/crunched in the stone of change

I just wish they would pull appropriate shards from my bags, instead of having to have them out.

Though this might have been fixed?
    Leader - Ωmega Syndicate [L41] guild of Khyber|Orien - www.os.rumbaar.net
    Khyber - Eldraine - Monk | Eldaline - Favored Soul | Eldnuker - Sorcerer
    █████ - Eldalorne - Wizard | Elarawr - Fighter | Eldrainge - Ranger/Rogue

Do the stone of change benefit from the improvements in device speed?
    Crunching the tiny shards into average shards is surprisingly time consuming.
    Even small shards are, if you buy them wholesale. A stack of 1000 small shards take 50 crunches.
    There was no need of that many before but now they are actually useful, you can go through them like water.
    I can barely tolerate the time it takes to put augment slots on two items :/

Same as mnemonic potions, hirelings get them by default and restore them at shrines.

Arcanes would likely appreciate this as well, as just hiring an arcane hireling sounds like it would be easier than doing it themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Same as mnemonic potions, hirelings get them by default and restore them at shrines.

Arcanes would likely appreciate this as well, as just hiring an arcane hireling sounds like it would be easier than doing it themselves.
    Dont like it sorry just buy your stones then of course I dont like hirelings anyways heck if someone supplies the material I would be happy to get them a soulstone I have to work for mine I dont think they should make it to easy for someone with plat or tp to get them. On Khyber or ghallanda I am happy to get soulstones for those that need them.

Dont like it sorry just buy your stones then of course I dont like hirelings anyways heck if someone supplies the material I would be happy to get them a soulstone I have to work for mine I dont think they should make it to easy for someone with plat or tp to get them. On Khyber or ghallanda I am happy to get soulstones for those that need them.
    You wouldn't have to work any harder to get them than I would if a hireling could do it.

As it is now, I am unable to work for it while you are able to, and in your mind that's a better system?

EDIT: An alternate solution that I would find just as good is all classes being given access to the spell, like maybe a crafting shard to make a trap the soul clickie.

1. In the current situation we imo really don't need another field in game where only arcanes can contribute anything.

2. The mechanic behind the 'Trap the Soul' spell is awful and would require a major rework first before we should be bothered with it outside of adamantine rituals (which already is borderline annoying).

Quote Originally Posted by donfilibuster View Post
    Do the stone of change benefit from the improvements in device speed?
    Crunching the tiny shards into average shards is surprisingly time consuming.
    Not as of last night. Still the same annoyingly long speed to crunch shards.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinco View Post
    2. The mechanic behind the 'Trap the Soul' spell is awful and would require a major rework first before we should be bothered with it outside of adamantine rituals (which already is borderline annoying).
    This is the impression I was getting, which is why I thought even arcanes might like to offload the hassle to a hireling. It would certainly make the "drops on the ground instead of in inventory" mechanic more palatable.

You wouldn't have to work any harder to get them than I would if a hireling could do it.

As it is now, I am unable to work for it while you are able to, and in your mind that's a better system?

EDIT: An alternate solution that I would find just as good is all classes being given access to the spell, like maybe a crafting shard to make a trap the soul clickie.
    Its just one more easy button sorry and yes I earned my right to work for it your character can do things mine cant and in pnp noncasters couldnt make magic items anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinco View Post
    1. In the current situation we imo really don't need another field in game where only arcanes can contribute anything.

If they followed the base rules noncasters couldnt make items anyways and its an expensive investment for them to do so they should have stuck with those rules

Are there any arcane hirelings with the trap the soul spell? If not, could there be?
    I didn't read every post but Vacuum2 weapons are Trap the Soul weapons
    Got a question the answer may be on the wiki! http://ddowiki.com

Community Member Simplesimon1979's Avatar

Could make a GS weapon. You can craft one with a chance of trap the soul on hit or the epic souleater has it too

Community Member Simplesimon1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elyanna View Post
    I didn't read every post but Vacuum2 weapons are Trap the Soul weapons
    Darn you you beat me. Stupid 3G network

Quote Originally Posted by Simplesimon1979 View Post
    Could make a GS weapon. You can craft one with a chance of trap the soul on hit or the epic souleater has it too
    So we can craft a GS weapon to gather soul gems so we can craft high-level shards as an alternative to Raiding.

Or we can try to craft the Epic Souleater to get soul gems so we can craft high-level shards as an alternative to Epic.

Oh wait...
    Make Crafting Tab Bound to Account to solve Cannith Crafting issues! Please /sign the idea here !
    "It's better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Eric Wujcik

Community Member

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Simplesimon1979 View Post
    Was thinking the same thing. Imagine the fights over dropped soul gems if vacuum items become more popular and more than a couple people are sporting them in quests. They should have just made the soul gems drop into inventory.

I have enough problems with my GS vacuum guard necklace already; folks scoop up the gems thinking they're treasure bags or the random gems that drop from broken items, and every once in a while a wizard will ask who's picking up their soul gems (it's me, because I'm really used to being the only toon in a group that's making them).

There have already been fights over soul gems when two people with Epic Souleaters have been swinging them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast