Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 242

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    89

    Default Thanks for borking deconstruction

    The grind to craft at the deconstruction window now is about one item at a time.

    Then you get to close the window and do it again. Sometimes you might score two or three items before it refuses to accept.

    Awesome.

  2. #2
    The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council
    Dandonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    6,232

    Default

    Yeah, I've had problems with several different crafting devices, too - having to close and reopen often to get it to work.

  3. #3
    Community Member Cyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    7,571

    Default

    Yeah, that bug was reported on Lammaland.

    Yet another reason why this patch should have been delayed and reworked.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

  4. #4
    Community Member Dagolar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyr View Post
    Yeah, that bug was reported on Lammaland.

    Yet another reason why this patch should have been delayed and reworked.
    Of all the things the devs have been accused of doing poorly, this is their one greatest, truest self-injury. If a bit more review was done on updates before they were implemented (and, we do have Lamma for just that purpose, so it really shouldn't happen as it does) then there'd be far less (reasonable) complaints about the devs.

    It's not like we're expecting updates at specific times, and even if we were, could we really complain more about a delay than on (previously noted in Lamma) bugs?

    Anyway, despite that, lets save our wrath for when it's needed, and not use it on something so simple.
    Last edited by Dagolar; 07-15-2011 at 06:48 AM.

  5. #5
    Community Member Silverwren's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,342

    Default

    Hmmm. I've not experienced this problem on the Orion server. It does go kaflooie every once in a while, but not to the degree you describe.

    Is this pre or post this mornings update?
    Last edited by Silverwren; 07-13-2011 at 09:27 AM.
    I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just gonna ask 'em where they're going and hook up with 'em later on - Mitch Hedberg
    Silverweb - Silverwren - Silverware - Daydream - Dubbelklik

  6. #6
    Hatchery Hero Tenchi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    170

    Default

    Probably WAI as they slowly to continually bork the whole system to have Cannith-Crafting-beta-that-we-take-all-your-RL money-plat-and-tomes system.

    Seriously, I think its part of discouraging players to use the crafting devices in the meantime when most of the higher level recipes are in flux.

    (Livid about having Tomes-for-shards make the update)

  7. #7
    Community Member Mrmorphling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    686

    Default

    SAme problem, i'm able to deconstruct 1-3 items then i have to close and reopen (Thelanis).

  8. #8
    Community Member TheDjinnFor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    1,634

    Default

    Happened to me 24/7 before the patch, so meh.

  9. #9
    The Hatchery BruceTheHoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDjinnFor View Post
    Happened to me 24/7 before the patch, so meh.
    It never happened to me before the patch, now it does - constantly. I'm on Argonnessen.

  10. #10
    Community Member Buggss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Warner Bros HQ... honest
    Posts
    2,196

    Default

    Maybe something similar to when you and others all turn in a lot of coins to the jester too fast and he mentions you're a helluva coin collector and he needs a mo to get himself restocked.
    <------Pay no attention to the join date, played pre-launch in EU & moved to U.S. servers.

  11. #11
    Quality Assurance JbugDDO1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2

    Default

    QA is aware of the issue.-Major Malphunktion

  12. #12
    Community Member Buggss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Warner Bros HQ... honest
    Posts
    2,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JbugDDO1 View Post
    QA is aware of the issue.-Major Malphunktion
    Well thankyou sincerely for the acknowledgement, as long as we know it's somewhere in the pipeline we're much happier.

    /no sarcasm here.
    <------Pay no attention to the join date, played pre-launch in EU & moved to U.S. servers.

  13. #13
    Community Member esheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JbugDDO1 View Post
    QA is aware of the issue.-Major Malphunktion
    What I'd like to know is how in the internet this made it live? Nearly a week ago Tolero said she'd seen the bug reports on this...

    I'm sure it will be fixed next week... and I understand you have 'schedules,' but I also understand you have costs... like the cost of irritating your player base, the cost of having your techs come in early a second time to apply a patch to something that shouldn't have gone live, etc...

    So, my question is: how do you justify introducing something like this to the live servers where it affects a large portion of your player base? (Given the cost, and likelihood that it could have been fixed in less than 2 days.) Sure, you also included other bug fixes, but honestly the bug you introduced affects a larger number of players... you can make the unhappy people less unhappy, but at the cost of making a larger number of happy people unhappy...

    I'm usually not the kind to post things saying 'Turbine can't do right...' etc, (check my posts, they are few) but I'm greatly disappointed that this made it live, for the last hour I've been thinking only one thing: "If this is the quality of the development that I can expect in the future for DDO, why shouldn't I cancel my subscription and stop playing?"

    Go ahead, offer us an excuse ... but if it's not a good one, an apology might get you more mileage.

    EDIT: Not directed at the JBugDDO1 -- thank you for communicating!
    Last edited by esheep; 07-13-2011 at 11:09 AM. Reason: not blaming JBugDDO1...

  14. #14
    Community Member Spoonwelder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Nanaimo, BC
    Posts
    1,933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by esheep View Post
    What I'd like to know is how in the internet this made it live? Nearly a week ago Tolero said she'd seen the bug reports on this...

    I'm sure it will be fixed next week... and I understand you have 'schedules,' but I also understand you have costs... like the cost of irritating your player base, the cost of having your techs come in early a second time to apply a patch to something that shouldn't have gone live, etc...

    So, my question is: how do you justify introducing something like this to the live servers where it affects a large portion of your player base? (Given the cost, and likelihood that it could have been fixed in less than 2 days.) Sure, you also included other bug fixes, but honestly the bug you introduced affects a larger number of players... you can make the unhappy people less unhappy, but at the cost of making a larger number of happy people unhappy...

    I'm usually not the kind to post things saying 'Turbine can't do right...' etc, (check my posts, they are few) but I'm greatly disappointed that this made it live, for the last hour I've been thinking only one thing: "If this is the quality of the development that I can expect in the future for DDO, why shouldn't I cancel my subscription and stop playing?"

    Go ahead, offer us an excuse ... but if it's not a good one, an apology might get you more mileage.

    EDIT: Not directed at the JBugDDO1 -- thank you for communicating!
    Because it is in Beta - even on the live servers - it says it as soon as you walk in the doors.....don't hang your hat on any of the current implementation -don't build your toon around it....and I would even hazard that you should be ready for the outside possibility that they will reset everyone's crafting level once they have it sorted.

    AKA - you are beta testing a system - thus it will change AND there will be bugs - live it, learn it, know it.
    gotta to kick at the darkness til it bleeds daylight - B. Cockburn
    Guild Leader - Order of the Silver Dragons
    Mains Darlao Completionist Toogor Sorc TR7 Also Listarn Shadar Kai Rogue 20/8 - WhiskyTango CL28 TR4 - Toongor Bd28 TR2 - Sooey Dwarf ConBarb28 TR2 Pusshy -WizMo 18/ 2/8+9 More

  15. #15
    Community Member gloopygloop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonwelder View Post
    Because it is in Beta - even on the live servers - it says it as soon as you walk in the doors.....
    It doesn't say that anymore.

  16. #16
    Community Member Thlargir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Hawai'i
    Posts
    394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by esheep View Post
    So, my question is: how do you justify introducing something like this to the live servers where it affects a large portion of your player base?
    My guess is that their justification greets you every time you enter the Crafting Hall.

    Crafting is currently in BETA.
    Support is unavailable.
    Please submit a bug report via the Help menu for any broken recipes or other issues you find.

    If testing beta software interrupts your game flow too much you might be better off waiting to craft until after they release the final version.

  17. #17
    Community Member Cyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    7,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thlargir View Post
    If testing beta software interrupts your game flow too much you might be better off waiting to craft until after they release the final version.
    Crafting effects the entire game. This is not a single quest pack with no loot that is in beta and would be harmless to the rest of the game. This is a system that has altered prices, challenges, and gameplay even for those who choose not to partake in it.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

  18. #18
    Community Member esheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonwelder View Post
    Because it is in Beta - even on the live servers - it says it as soon as you walk in the doors.....don't hang your hat on any of the current implementation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thlargir View Post
    If testing beta software interrupts your game flow too much you might be better off waiting to craft until after they release the final version.
    You've both missed the sentiment here... I don't particularly care about crafting. I'm disappointed about the quality of this update, so much so that I'm concerned about the quality of future updates... there were problems with the system they had known about prior to update -- problems that should have been fixed. Tolero essentially confirmed that there was little to no play testing done on this update. Sure, it's beta, but as a whole, we don't know what we're missing if we haven't played it on live yet (beta or not) so why not take the time to do things properly? Doing things haphazardly under the guise of something being beta does not inspire confidence in Turbine, at least not for me.

    So let me repeat myself: I'm concerned about the quality of the game when I see how poorly implemented this update was, so much so that I have to wonder if I should maintain my subscription. (And yes, I did fine before crafting, I'll do fine without it. But after this update, I'm concerned for the game's quality.)

  19. #19
    Community Member esheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    294

    Default

    Hadn't seen this, but it supports my argument that it's more than a 'beta' issue.

    http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...80&postcount=1

    If it were just a normal beta issues, they would be taking care of it at their convenience. As opposed to 'oops we really should have caught this before it when out.'

  20. #20
    Community Member Letrii's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    2,747

    Default

    Not being able to enter crafting hall annoys playerbase a lot more than having to close/reopen window after every recipe.


    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload