Default A GS weapon question...

Since I'm going to turn 20 soon [ Maximum XP Achieved ]

Was just wondering if this would be a viable weapon as a farming implement... http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~delalle..._6_wis&altar=3

seems like it should work well against 90% [ not an exact % , but you get the idea here ] of mobs via Good damage in pre-epic content... but will it stink up the joint against Bosses [ pre or Epic ] & Epic content? I realize this weapon would suffer against undead who are Crit immune, a lot of Bosses probably are immune to Crits and have some form of DR to break... so I think I know the answer to this part.

I'm a 13 Rogue/ 6 Fighter / 1 Ranger ... so the Wisdom was a bonus and adds +3 to my Spot which is useful and saves 30 Epic tokens to put +6 WIS into a colored slot or finding an item with it and another useful effect on it to somehow squeeze it into the seemingly tight fitting slots of gear. The +6 INT was one of the only 2 options to allow the Good Burst & Blast on this... again this saves finding a slot to fit it into, an INT item with caster effects I can't use or 30 more tokens... INT is good for Disable, Search & Assassin DC. The choice was STR which is just which slot do you want to put the STR in and/or what other effects go with it.

I have Improved Critical: Slashing for a 17-20 Crit window, so the Burst & Blast have an ample opportunity to go off... figured this to be the offhand weapon with a LitII for the most part in the main.

or would a Triple Pos like this... http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~delalle..._disr_&altar=3 be a better option as it would be also very useful vs. undead too.... not to mention that I could make 2 of these with the same amount of Larges as I would use to just make one of the 1st Khopesh... just would need to find items and/or slots for the +6 WIS & INT to go in.

Usually I'm mindful of the "DON'T feed the Trolls" signs but I'm sure I left some scraps laying around... so if replies would be based on the weapons in questions or offering suggestions to what the best weapons for the "farming" zones/quests [ like Vale ] or Epic Red Fens, Sands or actually any Epics quests and maybe even a little insight as to why... it would greatly be appreciated.

As I'm only really trying to figure out what GS weapons I should have and/or need to have without having to create an armory in the process.... as I am not a power gamer but would like to be as useful as possible to the groups I am with by doing the most damage I can [ as I try to also be useful as a Rogue too, looking at 53 Spot - 56 Search - Disable 60 without buffs or uber gear ]

Thanks in advance.

concordant opposition is on-being hit, not on-hit, you probably shouldn't put it on a weapon.

for the first greensteel weapon, i recommend:
    holy, flaming burst, flame blast/holy blast.
    the extra effect, radiance II will blind enemies on-crit, meaning you get full SA dice on them, great for rogue.

alternatively, you could get:
    holy, shock burst, shock blast/holy blast
    the extra efect, lightning II will proc for ~ 600 lightning damage on-hit, 2% chance. this is the best dps weapon if you are already getting SA (such as if you have a rad II in offhand), and on normal raid bosses

also, may just be me, but i find this planner http://perfectweb.org/ddo/crafting/base_crafting.php much easier to use

sub-note: the holy/acid/acid+holy (mineral II) is no longer really worth it due to canith crafting.
    Last edited by stille_nacht; 07-16-2011 at 09:54 PM.
    adversity is something we face every day - for a true test, give someone power

Quote Originally Posted by stille_nacht View Post
    Click the arrow for Intro to Multiclassing
    Frugal Pack Buying Guide

Community Member

concordant opposition is on-being hit, not on-hit, you probably shouldn't put it on a weapon.

for the first greensteel weapon, i recommend:
    holy, flaming burst, flame blast/holy blast.

also, may just be me, but i find this planner http://perfectweb.org/ddo/crafting/base_crafting.php much easier to use
    flaming burst? why? a lot of mobs are immune/resistant to fire in the higher end content.

A dual shard LitII or or a single shard trip pos is a better overall weapon.
    boo-tai jung-tzahng-duh
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We love fansites!
    <*cough*B.S.*cough*>
    Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    There will be bugs!

Quote Originally Posted by Pape_27 View Post
    flaming burst? why? a lot of mobs are immune/resistant to fire in the higher end content.

A dual shard LitII or or a single shard trip pos is a better overall weapon.
    o-O, finished editting before you replied, also, it is for the radiance II.

radiance II- on-crit: blindness, 4d6 light damage.
    adversity is something we face every day - for a true test, give someone power

Click the arrow for Intro to Multiclassing
    Frugal Pack Buying Guide

Community Member

Default GS question

Personally I think it is a waste of large materials. You would be better served going with a lit II for trash mobs. A radiance II so you can blind them and get auto sneak attack. Lastly min II for a boss beater/Dr breaker. I know ppl will disagree with the min II with cannith crafting as an option but I still prefer it. As for the stats you need you can always find a +6 stat item on the AH. Con op does nothing to help your class as you are not needing the SP recovery. Weapons shouls be all about damage. If you still want to make tue con op itemfor stats slot it in a wearable item. I hope this helps.

The two most important ways a rogue can contribute to a group is to be alive and to do damage. Traps is at best third, and you're already more than set in that area.

To Be Alive

You need HP. If you have less than 250, your first priority should be to make a GS HP accessory.

To Do Damage

I recognize that you said you don't want to carry an armory, but it really is the way to go. I would start with a Triple Positive blunt for undead. You should also have DR breakers for silver & good, cold iron & good, blunt & adamantine, anarchic. Because you are mostly a rogue, you should be doing mostly good damage against non-DR non-fort targets already, so that area can wait.