Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Any hopes on fixing the ingame bug reporter? It's pulled up completely blank for me for over 6 months now I'd bug report it, but....

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Right. I'm working on making the Known Issues list better.It will be for U11 I promise. As for a complete bug list. No.
    This is pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by havokiano View Post
    you are boring. And you rosik a lot. bye.
    Quote Originally Posted by suitepotato View Post
    With the amount of facepalming we do, it's a wonder DDO players have any noses left.

Yes, there is a QA team. A damn good one, the amount of bugs you never see is staggering. Yes, most QA are not on the forums, for multiple reasons, but we have a face now...me (who is a he).

That mean we lost 404?

You should get a mail back. If you are not, well, that is a bug. But every bug should be responded to.
    Since you are new in the bug department... maybe you can look into the bug that someone who has been banned from the Turbine forums but still has a paid subscription to play the game can't submit a bug report from within the game because when they try it brings up the "you are banned from the forums" page.

Community Member

Right. This is my intention. You will see more- read by QA or some such in the future.
    when you posted this it was after midnight on the east coast, unless your boss lets you work flexible hours , go to bed.
    Server: Sarlona. Characters: Rackoribs Barbequed, Brautwurst Flamegrilled, Porkloin Flameseared

I thought I saw a memo floating around, no sleep for devs till crafting is fixed.

*Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Right. This is my intention. You will see more- read by QA or some such in the future.
    Very nice. Happy things are being looked at and that someone there is listening to the player base in some format.

+1 for you.

Thanks
    Ceetrepeeo, Diedie, Diediie, Dreamstealer, Eddddiiieee, Eddwina and Jukeboxer.

Member of Wanderlust

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

LOL. Better sneaksy doggies than tricksy kobolds!
    That would be tricksy hobitses. Sorry, the other game has that one near copyrighted.

Goes to slaughter all the kobolds in Waterworks many times.

*Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Community Member bradleyforrest's Avatar

So, for those of us that are joining the thread late, are you saying that we're not going to be able to access the Cannith crafting until it's in a final release state?

Considering that it was a major part of U9's hype, that hardly seems fair. It really seems like you're taking your ball and going home.

We will take a step back, and not try to hurry so much, and finish this system off.
    Thank you! Your post has belayed my concerns, I greatly appreciate the openness of communication!

Please, and MF said this elsewhere, we are going to try and be more open.
    Both you and MadFloyd deserve quite the applause for your posts in relation to this update! I think you've both become the new heroes of the forums, each of you having done so through a single post. I'm likely not the only one who feels this way.

I took today personally, and probably won't sleep much tonight.
    There's always cocky players in the Wayward Lobster looking for PVP... but on a more serious note -- and given the thread you responded in, I apologize if my posts struck too close to home. I know that questioning the quality of the game and it's path may have seemed like I was questioning the integrity of you and your team, this is not what was intended... I know there's always a higher up somewhere, who has the final call, especially when it comes to sticking to a schedule. I was rather hoping that my posts would be read by the imaginary boss who said to go ahead with schedule regardless of the number of items you and your team would have liked to be fixed... Maybe that person exists, maybe I've got it all wrong.

Either way, I'm sorry for helping you have a rough day, and I hope you're able to get some rest, after all tomorrow is a new day.

Oh, and I'm really happy to have another Turbine employee defy expectations -- the easiest way to earn respect is often through accountability... you sir, are awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by bradleyforrest View Post
    So, for those of us that are joining the thread late, are you saying that we're not going to be able to access the Cannith crafting until it's in a final release state?

Considering that it was a major part of U9's hype, that hardly seems fair. It really seems like you're taking your ball and going home.
    Unfortunately yes. Now to find a new game to play while I wait for crafting to return.
    Last edited by Letrii; 07-14-2011 at 02:00 AM.

Community Member

This was a great decision by Turbine here. Thank you for turning crafting off and not giving a time frame to bring it back. I'm more than happy to wait until it's ready for prime time, which this update wasn't given some issues that came up today that I'm aware of and I'm sure quite a few more I'm not.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by bradleyforrest View Post

No...the ball has a big hole in it at the moment. They're taking their ball, going home, fixing the ball, filling it back up, and then coming back to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    No...the ball has a big hole in it at the moment. They're taking their ball, going home, fixing the ball, filling it back up, and then coming back to play.
    Based on recent changes, I wager the result will be more pear shaped than spherical when it returns.

You can play right now. All dungeons are open and the monsters are happy to be slain by you and your friends.

You can craft...wait for it....

When it's done. Isn't that the gaming industry mantra?
    Hrm. Maybe that is tainted after Duke's delay...

How about...eventually.
    So the crafting hall will not open again until you have an update to crafting that you are happy with is working as intended, reasonably bugfree and not exploitable?

That means we are looking at weeks, possibly months?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragavon View Post
    So the crafting hall will not open again until you have an update to crafting that you are happy with is working as intended, reasonably bugfree and not exploitable?

That means we are looking at weeks, possibly months?
    With Turbine's track record, I would say years.

How about...eventually.
    Sigh… You work for Turbine. The word you’re looking for is: SOON™
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • One loot system to rule them all. (Including Cannith Crafting, and Named Loot.)
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
    • Adjusting Challenge XP so that they're worth running more than once.

Quote Originally Posted by Gkar View Post

That mean we lost 404?
    404error's last logged forum activity was 07-13-2011 11:34 PM so someone is logging on under that name.

Quote Originally Posted by Torc View Post
    I’m only nerfing you now so I can buff you later.

Believe you me that 404error IS around.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast