Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Yaga_Nub View Post
    Just remember, not everything is better with bacon. A load of cr*p with bacon is still a load of cr*p but now it has cr*p flavored bacon on top of it.

We won't be placated with nerd references and bacon. We will be placated with bug free, or as close to it as possible, releases and dialog that doesn't sugar coat things.
    I'm placated with nerd references. Speak for yourself please. Use "I" instead of "We". Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

I'll always be placated with bacon.............

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Master? More like the Sheriff of Nottingham.

With Bacon.

So do you actually have a JOB here or are you just comedy relief. I dont believe you have posted anything of real value a bunch of hand shaking and attention grabbing sure, but nothing of real value.

You let a borked system get pasted you it was KNOWN to be BORKED yet you did it anyway. Answer the actual question WHY did you let junk onto the live server is the $$$$ more important or is pushing out content so that you can say its getting pushed out.

There has been no END game content Since RED FENS if you count epic and Inspired Quarter if you dont. I get your QA but you wanted to stick you nose into the fire.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bodic View Post
    So do you actually have a JOB here or are you just comedy relief. I dont believe you have posted anything of real value a bunch of hand shaking and attention grabbing sure, but nothing of real value.

You let a borked system get pasted you it was KNOWN to be BORKED yet you did it anyway. Answer the actual question WHY did you let junk onto the live server is the $$$$ more important or is pushing out content so that you can say its getting pushed out.

There has been no END game content Since RED FENS if you count epic and Inspired Quarter if you dont. I get your QA but you wanted to stick you nose into the fire.
    +1 for that, exactly what I thought for myself.
    I do not need a clown in QA, i need somebody who provides me with valid information. If he has done that, he can play the clown, but not without doing it.
    So I guess your speech to us what a perfect QA guy you are was just moved air until now, I did not see you already doing something useful ... no information at all, no plans to fix it, no schedule.
    And that you did not find that massive fault before you launched the update, even you was told that this bug exists, also does not looks like if you QA guys are the pros you think you are, sorry, but the truth is sometimes hard to handle ....
    All in all .... bad job.
    Last edited by TRJoker; 07-15-2011 at 12:51 PM.
    Life is too short for bad Sushi ...

That's really an unfair assumption. I'm going to assume that you don't have a lot of experience with software development cycle, but QA is rarely the final word in whether something gets released.

I work in QA and here is a typical exchange that I have resigned myself to:

Me: "Hey boss, I know we have to ship soon but if the users do X then Y happens and people are going to be ****ed."

Boss: "We're not going to fix that, the chances of it happening are miniscule."

Me: "I strongly object and can reproduce it every time by doing this."

The software ships anyway, tech calls flood in, we have to release a critical patch and no one ever says "You were right" just "Why didn't you tell us how bad this was?"

ahh but when you turn the key and the engine doesnt start or sound right you wont buy the car will you.

equate a minor bug to updating existing software just to make it more buggy/broken is not a good. idea. if it was a solid attempt to shutdown crafting they could have closed the door at any given time.

Nice personal attack. Hope you enjoy your ban.

As for devs joking around, they're people too and should interact with the community as people. They're not automatons that provide us with nothing but facts. I guess you hate MadFloyd too since he's been known to joke around. As for telling you all the details of what went wrong, he actually did answer that if you read through what's been said. They don't give out details of issues like this for a multitude of reasons. What's more important is the posting he did about what actions he's taking and how the QA team handles things. It's much more relevant than you think.

Anyway, if you don't like what he has to say, don't read his posts.
    Life is good. Eternal life is better.
    Drogoth - 19/1 Clr/Rgr || Fenced Goods - 20 Brd || Faeruen - 18/2 Brd/Rog
    Skrak - 10/6/2 Ftr/Rgr/Rog || Briggy - 16/2 Brd/Rog || Tayly - 18 Clr (all max exp)
    More in the works...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grindor View Post

As for devs joking around, they're people too and should interact with the community as people. They're not automatons that provide us with nothing but facts. I guess you hate MadFloyd too since he's been known to joke around. As for telling you all the details of what went wrong, he actually did answer that if you read through what's been said. They don't give out details of issues like this for a multitude of reasons. What's more important is the posting he did about what actions he's taking and how the QA team handles things. It's much more relevant than you think.

Rofl Grindor, I guess you also kiss your Carmechanic for his nice job if he sells you a car that does not work and after tells you, ok, i tested it , it did not work, but i sold it anyway, i needed the money ....... sorry, i guess i at least take your advice and ignore your posts from now on.
    But i cant ignore official posts, cause that are the only infos i have ...and if i do not get them, i always do the same, i stop paying for nothing. Dont get me wrong, >I do not stop paying for making mistakes, defs are not fault free, but i stop it for not beeing informed. I myself work in CR (Customer Relations) and one thing I surely know is: People get angry if you dont tell them what went wrong and how you try to fix it. So no information is ALWAYS the worst way.
    Did stop paying this time again, i hope you dont hate me now ....
    Last edited by TRJoker; 07-15-2011 at 01:10 PM.

we knew it was broken didnt bother trying to fix or stop it from being released and amde MadFlolyd eat his words of the train has stopped. the rush did nothing more than cause more havoc.

and its borked a major oops and we knew about it is not really open two way communication colaboration or anythings it we dont honestly care what your opinion is we just want somones money not their trust or respect.

Meridia Suburb of Stormreach, Xen'Drik. But have a vacation home in Cordova, Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    I am all Mournlands these days so it difficult for me to travel back in time to tell you about all the things I see in the future.
    Wait?

404 is Michael J. Fox?

Say "Hi!" to Dr. Brown for me!
    -Khyber- Loreseekers, Guild Leader
    Hordorabbi ~ Hordiva ~ Hordazzle ~ Hordorc ~ Hordeau ~ And dozens of other HordoToons™!
    High Rabbi of DDO
    Loreseekers Guild ~ H.o.r.d.o.'s How-To Guides @Loreseekers

I didn't see a personal attack, just asking what in blazes he does.

*Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

we knew it was broken didnt bother trying to fix or stop it from being released and amde MadFlolyd eat his words of the train has stopped. the rush did nothing more than cause more havoc.

and its borked a major oops and we knew about it is not really open two way communication colaboration or anythings it we dont honestly care what your opinion is we just want somones money not their trust or respect.
    I barely understood that. You should work for Turbine.
    X...what? that is my signature

They didn't turn crafting off because of any of the minor bugs we reported on Lam. It was something much bigger that they delete every post that comes up about it.

Quote Originally Posted by TRJoker
    I guess you also kiss your Carmechanic for his nice job if he sells you a car that does not work and after tells you, ok, i tested it , it did not work, but i sold it anyway, i needed the money ....... sorry, i guess i at least take your advice and ignore your posts from now on.
    That's a poor analogy for a lot of reasons. First, my ability to travel to and from work/school/friends/family isn't hampered by crafting being disabled. Heck, 99% of the game is still available for you to keep using. Also, I've had things not go right in auto repairs. This is similar to something like a speaker in the car not working and they couldn't get it fixed right away. They apologize, they say they'll get it fixed as soon as the part comes in, and they give you your car back so you're not with out transportation until then just because the speaker isn't working. In here, they tried to fix something, it didn't go right, they apologized, and they set it up so that you can still use everything else while we wait for that one small part of the game to get fixed.

As for paying for it, how much extra did they charge you for crafting? It's not like this was some massive expansion pack you actually paid money for. And maybe you noticed the text that came up every time you walked into the crafting hall... it's in beta. Things go wrong in beta so you can expect sudden changes and stoppages.
    Life is good. Eternal life is better.
    Drogoth - 19/1 Clr/Rgr || Fenced Goods - 20 Brd || Faeruen - 18/2 Brd/Rog
    Skrak - 10/6/2 Ftr/Rgr/Rog || Briggy - 16/2 Brd/Rog || Tayly - 18 Clr (all max exp)
    More in the works...

And maybe you noticed the text that came up every time you walked into the crafting hall... it's in beta. Things go wrong in beta so you can expect sudden changes and stoppages.
    Does that mean you think we should stick to complaining about the series of significant non-crafting bugs that have been added in U9, U9.1 and U10? If so, then "Thanks for borking deconstruction" might not be the correct thread for you to post in.

Community Member

They didn't turn crafting off because of any of the minor bugs we reported on Lam. It was something much bigger that they delete every post that comes up about it.

That's a poor analogy for a lot of reasons. First, my ability to travel to and from work/school/friends/family isn't hampered by crafting being disabled. Heck, 99% of the game is still available for you to keep using. Also, I've had things not go right in auto repairs. This is similar to something like a speaker in the car not working and they couldn't get it fixed right away. They apologize, they say they'll get it fixed as soon as the part comes in, and they give you your car back so you're not with out transportation until then just because the speaker isn't working. In here, they tried to fix something, it didn't go right, they apologized, and they set it up so that you can still use everything else while we wait for that one small part of the game to get fixed.

As for paying for it, how much extra did they charge you for crafting? It's not like this was some massive expansion pack you actually paid money for. And maybe you noticed the text that came up every time you walked into the crafting hall... it's in beta. Things go wrong in beta so you can expect sudden changes and stoppages.
    Read my post again, maybe then you understand ... the prob isnt that the defs make mistakes, the prob is how they handle them ... and you yourself gave me the next possibility to score, a def that erases posts about bugs in his forum is a bad def, sorry, a very bad one. I do not know if they really did, but if, then i will never come back.
    So can somebody confirm that?
    And the reason for the shutdown is that materials did went of the bags when you failed a attempt to craft and this bug was know before they launched the patch as far as I know .... well, perhaps they really have deleted the posts about it, but this really would be a no go
    And other point, i pay for the bundle, as you pay your car also as a bundle, if one part not works i cant argue with all others do, you realy have a strange point of view and i guess not many people share it with you .....
    Last edited by TRJoker; 07-15-2011 at 01:20 PM.

I said, "Turbine could have turned crafting off at anytime."
    as they did so if for a completely different reason.
    I know why.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaga_Nub View Post
    Just remember, not everything is better with bacon. A load of cr*p with bacon is still a load of cr*p but now it has cr*p flavored bacon on top of it.

We won't be placated with nerd references and bacon. We will be placated with bug free, or as close to it as possible, releases and dialog that doesn't sugar coat things.
    Seconding this.

For the QA department, whoever actually is in charge of it because I certainly don't know, what is the status and plan for cannith crafting? Is this going to be another rush job to live or are we seeing QA asserting no go authority on updates from now on and we should expect cannith crafting not to come back in a alpha/beta form to live and instead go through play testing, to ML, to lammania, and finally to live after QA signs off?
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Community Member

Trust me that is not a personal attack. Thats more of a pep talk. I love it when people start congratulating other people on the boards about bans. Kinda makes me think they have more vested with this company than another person.

On another note I am glad the crafting system is messed up. I think they should handle all bugs like the crafting system and just shut that whole system down due to exploits and irregular game play. So maybe now they will have time to fix crafting and the Half Elf Call lightning storm bug when taking Air Savant first. Or at least add it to the bug list.
    Love Alc

Quote Originally Posted by Alcamez View Post
    I think they should handle all bugs like the crafting system and just shut that whole system down due to exploits and irregular game play.
    If they did that, they would have to shut down the whole game for 5+ years.

*Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Letrii View Post
    If they did that, they would have to shut down the whole game for 5+ years.
    Well it would probably make them prioratize and repair more effiecently than leaving huge holes and gaps.

Look when crafted was announced on that video we all new after the words were uttered "This should have been released at launch" it was never and will never be a major part of DDO game play and thats all I am saying about this matter. Just fix my stupid Half Elf Air Savant and Ill be happy. I want lighting and bolts flying everywhere.
    Luv Alc

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast