Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by FastTaco View Post

Haha, thanks for that, can't believe some people are defending the changes still... this goes to show just how much quality control and testing goes into this, let alone knowledge of their own game.
    There is a big difference between defending the recipe changes, and supporting bugs or a poor development cycle. Just because I dont like the fact there are bugs does non mean I automatically cant like the recipe changes.

Personally I like the recipe changes with the exception of +3 tomes. I do think things can be tweaked a bit, but am in favor of most of the changes.

Things I would like to see changed:

+3 unbound tomes added into the epic raid loot tables (DQ, Chrono, VON6) with a decent chance of dropping. Not necessarily high, but decent.

+3 unbound tomes added to elite ToD loot table out of sully chest.

Silver Flame/Yugo pots changed to have a min lvl, and require more favor (yes more favor) and changed to BTA

Large Devil Scales added to the Echrono loot tables.

Full tokens added back to the epic chest for all epics.

2 tokens per epic raid, either 1 dungeon and 1 raid, or two raid it really doesnt matter.

Epic Fragment drops from mobs increased.

Quests that currently have 2 epic tokens available increased to 3 or 4.

And no I dont have 10 of each high level shard crafted, I will have to pay the new improved rates for them like everyone else.

No I am not a vip player, though I own most of the content. (which I paid $ for)
    Sarlona's #1 Piker!!
    QuiknDirty~Quikster~Quikfire~Quikkilla~Quikinator~ Missquik~Quiktunes~Fatalbert~Bignugly~Quikmeister~ Member of Quantum Entropy!!

Quote Originally Posted by simo0208 View Post
    The Devs could also make the game more about actual teamwork then just use dps to beat down opponent. Then it wouldn't matter in some cases what type of weapon you have.
    The game is more than completable with dr breakers that arent top dps weapons. Just because most of the forumites are all about MOAR DPS or GIMP doesnt mean thats the only way to beat the game.

Quality builds, correct gear (not the best, but correct ie: fort, decent hp, dr breakers etc) teamwork and strategy are still more than viable.
    Sarlona's #1 Piker!!
    QuiknDirty~Quikster~Quikfire~Quikkilla~Quikinator~ Missquik~Quiktunes~Fatalbert~Bignugly~Quikmeister~ Member of Quantum Entropy!!

Quote Originally Posted by Quikster View Post
    Personally I like the recipe changes with the exception of +3 tomes. I do think things can be tweaked a bit, but am in favor of most of the changes.
    I can understand liking that they made some of these powerful combinations harder to acquire. I think that was a necessary change. I think the way they did it was lazy and not at all well thought out. Crafting was already a terrible mind-numbing grind that pulled people away from the core game. Adding in more stuff that you have to grind for just exponentially increases the grind, and only gets people out once for elite and done in a few areas. This change also still favours the long time players and people that can play 8 hours a days as well, and hurts newcomers (+1 tomes are traditionally left in our guild chest for new to game players that join the guild... how often will that happen now?).

A better solution would have been to add totally new crafting collectables that can drop anywhere normal collectables drop (level appropriate based on quest level) and add those to the crafting. Tweak drop rates according to power of recipe they are used in. This would get people out running quests of all levels, all players would start with equal amounts of crafting ingreds (none).

Soul gems and slayer arrows are decent... although I don't have anyone that can cast trap the soul, so I'm stuck buying. Other items like that would be cool too.

Silver flame and yugo pots? I currently have no characters that can get these (favour grinding isn't my thing) but I'm sure we'll be doing guild runs to get crafters the favour. Glad I picked a crafter that is currently at level 19 and not a bank toon. This addition also seems very odd in light of the fact they made it clear crafting levels would remain if you TR... still can't craft things you don't have the favor for though.

Anyhow... I guess my point is I would have liked crafting to change for the better in terms of making it *less* of a grind, more integrated into playing the actual game somehow and making sure that it is balanced in terms of powerful crafted items. It seems what they've done instead is a "Yo dawg"... I heard you like to grind, so we added some grind to your grind so you can grind while you're grinding".

Edited: To actually quote Quik from the place I wanted to quote him from...
    Last edited by HGM-Chi; 07-13-2011 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khurse View Post
    Why?
    I've barely put any real time into this and I'm at or above 70 in all 3.
    Why make it even easier to hit 100? (or 120/150/17006/whatever)
    because now anything good has an actual cost. before the only real cost was your time.

Quote Originally Posted by grodon9999 View Post
    because now anything good has an actual cost. before the only real cost was your time.
    Yeah, still not seeing how this is a bad thing.

We both know enough people who raved about how easy and awesome it was to build uber weapons.
    I don't see bumping the costs to create said weapons as bad. It now costs you time, a single demons blood and a single LDS to make a far better devil beater than a Min2.

The horror.

Quote Originally Posted by Beethoven View Post
    Thanks for the write-up, Khurse. I'd +1 but "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Khurse again." My own review of the changes:

1 Large Devil Scale isn't that much, but I really, really wish they'd have used Large Horns instead. Granted, there is an ungodly amount of people with huge stacks of that resource but if it'd been used in Cannith Crafting enough the supply eventually would have been slimmed down and it' made that specific ingridient worth something again instead of being basically a vendor trash you can't even vendor trash.

I like. Undead Slaying Arrows finally get some more value. Then again, I have a caster my melee's have Vac II weapons which makes Soul Gems a no issue. This may be hard on those though who have neither.

It's one of those thing where I feel the effort is not worth it. There are simply not enough Dragons; the Dragons in ToR are push-overs. Hardly anyone bothers with the Dragon in Prey. That leaves Velah and have a full raid group beat on her makes that fight trivial even without. I suppose it remains a viable option for those who have an abundance of FRDs.

Here too I feel the weapons are likely only going to be something considered by those who already have all their toons ToD flagged and thus no better use for Demons Blood.

There is probably not going to be a huge demand for those, so a single Essence of Betrayal. Yeah.

I forsee a lot of SF favor run pugs in the future. It's hard for me to have strong feelings about it since I usually grind all four parts of the Necro chain for XP anyway. So, all it takes is getting a single Abbot in. Same time I can understand it being somewhat harsh especially for FTP as it requires 5 packs of which 3 are everything but popular. Few really bother with Catacombs, Necro I and Necro III as there is sufficient other content in the same level range and Necro III includes one of the most hated quests. Holy Burst Shards on the other hand are likely to be the ones highest in demand. It does look a bit like a marketing move to make players purchase a content which they otherwise probably wouldn't.
    I have a feeling that Dragons will become almost as important as Devils/Demons in terms of end-game boss content. I think in the next couple of updates they are going to be rolling out the Truthful One storyline more and I expect to see dragons that make Velah look like a Wyrmling.... oh my.

@Yohgee

I don't think collectables are a great idea personally. I haven't farmed a single collectables since crafting started. Just ah purchases for any I didn't have.

I like bringing the favor grind back. There used to be some real favor *****s in this game. Maybe we can see some of that again. It also increases revenues for the game which is a good thing IMO.

I agree it sucks for some that their mules can't craft this as easy. But I don't think it's the end of the world. If someone is crafting on their
    main (much more likely from what I have seen) they can still tr without losing crafting. It's one of those changes that might effect some people for a little while but maybe some of the changes I suggested could be implemented to alleviate this
    Sarlona's #1 Piker!!

Several have complained about the favor. I understand. I'm in the same boat with the shroud. I certainly cannot trade for all the ingred that I need to craft the gear I want, so I'm stuck running it. I don't care for it much anymore and woul prefrontal only to run it 3 times when I tr n/h/e.

I just don't see it as unreasonable to get the high powered weapons available.
    Sarlona's #1 Piker!!

Several have complained about the favor. I understand. I'm in the same boat with the shroud. I certainly cannot trade for all the ingred that I need to craft the gear I want, so I'm stuck running it. I don't care for it much anymore and woul prefrontal only to run it 3 times when I tr n/h/e.

I just don't see it as unreasonable to get the high powered weapons available.
    It's not the favor per-se, it's the favor on the specific crafting character. Until now, it didn't matter if you used a level 4 hagglebard, or a level 20 Epic-geared Wizard for crafting. It was all the same. Crafting was entirely separate from the rest of the character. And that was a good thing.

Now, all of the sudden, the crafter has to grind out 400 silver flame favor, and 75 Yugo favor. On a character that may well have never been built to run anything, and has no use for the favor otherwise. Changing the rules like that is just plain a lousy thing to do. We were told our crafting levels would stay, and while this technically doesn't remove them, it severely undercuts the value of earned crafting levels on some characters.

Now if a player with a crafting-bot wants a fully capable crafter, they have to either start leveling all over again on a real character, or start playing a character they never intended to play.

Community Member

The game is more than completable with dr breakers that arent top dps weapons. Just because most of the forumites are all about MOAR DPS or GIMP doesnt mean thats the only way to beat the game.

Quality builds, correct gear (not the best, but correct ie: fort, decent hp, dr breakers etc) teamwork and strategy are still more than viable.
    Oh, I agree completely, and that's one reason why I don't get why they want to limit the DR breakers as much as possible... they aren't even needed for the most part. At most they would help gear out some people to better compete at epics, which would be good considering those frist few epic runs can be scary if you don't know what's going on.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345