Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Khurse View Post
    Fire absorption now needs a strong essence of water
    Electrical absorption needs a strong essence of earth (and is level 77)
    Greater Halfling Bane now needs 3 Purified Eberron fragments ,3 soul gem strong halfling, 20 halfling slayer arrows

Pretty much all the shards mentioned earlier as having their costs changed have had the costs changed, I'm just kinda lazy and don't really want to type them all out.
    Huh?

Greater Halfing bane costs more soul gems then the actually very useful fire absorbtion?
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Quote Originally Posted by Cyr View Post
    Huh?

Greater Halfing bane costs more soul gems then the actually very useful fire absorbtion?
    Same thing as the chattering ring they had before.
    They're obsessed with people crafting Halfling Bane items.

Seriously- has anyone even made a single Halfling Bane Shard they've kept? let alone a Greater Halfling Bane Shard?

Seriously- has anyone even made a single Halfling Bane Shard they've kept? let alone a Greater Halfling Bane Shard?
    I suspect this is the result of taking feedback from a very limited number of people...possibly in this case no one.

I foresee a quest pack set in village of epic evil halfing cannibals in our future
    Last edited by Krumm; 07-13-2011 at 09:29 AM. Reason: edit: spelling

Thanks for the write-up, Khurse. I'd +1 but "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Khurse again." My own review of the changes:

Greater Lawful Outsider bane mow needs a LDS + Mystical plant + 5 purified eberron shards
    Greater Evil Outsider Bane bane now needs a LDS + Demons Blood + 5 purifed eberron shads
    1 Large Devil Scale isn't that much, but I really, really wish they'd have used Large Horns instead. Granted, there is an ungodly amount of people with huge stacks of that resource but if it'd been used in Cannith Crafting enough the supply eventually would have been slimmed down and it' made that specific ingridient worth something again instead of being basically a vendor trash you can't even vendor trash.

Greater Undead bane now needs 3 soul gem strong undead +20 undead slayer arrows
    I like. Undead Slaying Arrows finally get some more value. Then again, I have a caster my melee's have Vac II weapons which makes Soul Gems a no issue. This may be hard on those though who have neither.

Greater Dragon now needs 1 flawless dragonshard + 5 blood of dragons + 5 purifed eberron dragonshard fragments
    It's one of those thing where I feel the effort is not worth it. There are simply not enough Dragons; the Dragons in ToR are push-overs. Hardly anyone bothers with the Dragon in Prey. That leaves Velah and have a full raid group beat on her makes that fight trivial even without. I suppose it remains a viable option for those who have an abundance of FRDs.

Greater chaos bane now needs 1 mystical goblet + 1 demons blood + 5 purified eberron dragonshard fragments.
    Here too I feel the weapons are likely only going to be something considered by those who already have all their toons ToD flagged and thus no better use for Demons Blood.

Attack + 4 now needs mystical plant + essence of betrayal +5 purified fragments
    There is probably not going to be a huge demand for those, so a single Essence of Betrayal. Yeah.

Holy Burst now needs 1 silver flame healing pot + 1 purified fragment.
    I forsee a lot of SF favor run pugs in the future. It's hard for me to have strong feelings about it since I usually grind all four parts of the Necro chain for XP anyway. So, all it takes is getting a single Abbot in. Same time I can understand it being somewhat harsh especially for FTP as it requires 5 packs of which 3 are everything but popular. Few really bother with Catacombs, Necro I and Necro III as there is sufficient other content in the same level range and Necro III includes one of the most hated quests. Holy Burst Shards on the other hand are likely to be the ones highest in demand. It does look a bit like a marketing move to make players purchase a content which they otherwise probably wouldn't.
    Characters on Sarlona: Ungnad (Morninglord, Wizard 17 / Favored Soul 2 / Fighter 1) -- Baerktghar (Dwarf, Paladin 18 / Fighter 2) -- Simulacruhm (Bladeforged, Artificer 16 / Paladin 3 / Wizard 1)

No matter what side of the argument you are on, you always find people on your side that you wish were on the other.
    -- Jascha Heifetz

Community Member

I wish they would have kept the chattering ring on that one just as a joke. No one would craft it anyways even if the cost was just the essences so having the chattering ring still there would have been fun.

Quote Originally Posted by krumm View Post
    i Foresee A Quest Pack Set In Village Of Epic Evil Halfing Cannibals In Our Future
    Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
    I foresee a quest pack set in village of epic evil halfing cannivores in our future
    Don't get me wrong.
    There's very little I'd like more than annihilating some Halfling village (especially if it had some of my guildies with their toons in it )
    I completely get some of the bane changes, and these I guess make sense (need soul gems and slayer arrows to craft a bane) but it's like- halfing bane? Is there a quest they're worth crafting for?

I'm curious if someone killed one of Eladrin's halflings in PVP , which kinda set this whole crafting change in motion.

Oh I missed the flawless red on the greater dragon bane. So I guess that recipe is the top cost one now...seriously they need to stop dumping this junk on live and go through layers of feedback on lamaland for crafting.

Some of these choices just plain demonstrate a lack of knowledge of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyr View Post
    Oh I missed the flawless red on the greater dragon bane. So I guess that recipe is the top cost one now...seriously they need to stop dumping this junk on live and go through layers of feedback on lamaland for crafting.
    OP says Flawless Dragonshard, not Red. Have you confirmed that it's actually a Red scale?

Then again, Flawless Dragonshards aren't exactly easy to come by either. I'm not really sure how much they're worth...

Community Member

horrible change overall..

Don't get me wrong i can live with the lds and the boot ingredients but the bound to account
    pots needed for recipes and those can only be grinded out with favor is just a slap in the face
    for the f2p and casual players out there who dont have the simply horrible necro 1~3 / catacombs
    adventure packs..

wich are pure trash all of them..

Quote Originally Posted by dkyle View Post
    OP says Flawless Dragonshard, not Red. Have you confirmed that it's actually a Red scale?

Then again, Flawless Dragonshards aren't exactly easy to come by either. I'm not really sure how much they're worth...
    It's a Flawless Dragonshard, not a scale.

Quote Originally Posted by gwenniez View Post
    horrible change overall..

Don't get me wrong i can live with the lds and the boot ingredients but the bound to account
    pots needed for recipes and those can only be grinded out with favor is just a slap in the face
    for the f2p and casual players out there who dont have the simply horrible necro 1~3 / catacombs
    adventure packs..

wich are pure trash all of them..

Actually I like them.

And honestly- and perhaps rudely, I don't have much concern about F2P player not being able to grind out top tier recipes.
    They can certainly craft decent items, but I don't how F2P being unable to craft +5 Holy Burst of Greater Evil Outsider bane is a big deal.

I'll tell you one thing, I'm not risking an LDS on less than 100% chance of crafting.

Are there still plenty of cheap garbage shards you can craft for training purposes?

Quote Originally Posted by grodon9999 View Post
    I'll tell you one thing, I'm not risking an LDS on less than 100% chance of crafting.

Are there still plenty of cheap garbage shards you can craft for training purposes?
    Yes, it looks like pretty much anything mentioned in the previous threads has changed.
    So the really good (and undercosted) stuff has had the costs increased, but blah of uselessness shard cost the same.
    Last edited by Khurse; 07-13-2011 at 10:02 AM.

It's a Flawless Dragonshard, not a scale.
    Ah poor reading on my part. Thank you for the correction gents.

I'm not sure if that is better or worse though

Community Member

Yes, it looks like pretty much anything not mentioned in the previous threads has changed.
    So the really good (and undercosted) stuff has had the costs increased, but blah of uselessness shard cost the same.
    I'm honestly liking this more and more. I'm baffled as to why they did things the hard way (instead of just increasing the costs on the shards of potential) but if they were going to do things this way they've gotten it as close to not screwing up the game as possible.

Community Member

I really opposed to SF pots being used, I'm a premium player and I have refused to buy Necro1-3 and the catacombs after I received a few guest passes from friends. Those packs weren't a lot of fun for me, now I either forget about holy burst or buy packs I don't like and run them all on elite... from my perspective it is turbine doing a money grab, in a bad way.

Also I don't like tomes being used, +1 and +2's will now be harder for everyone to obtain and hurts new players the most. The rare +3 tome that's put up for roll will be less likely, and it may be rolled on some who just want purified shards.

Edit: Many more quips are these changes, but won't go into it all. Just will say the crafting requirements seem skewed, some will take much more effort/cost then others, some less desired shards cost more then high demand ones...etc.
    Last edited by FastTaco; 07-13-2011 at 10:07 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FastTaco View Post
    Also I don't like tomes being used, +1 and +2's will now be harder for everyone to obtain and hurts new players the most. The rare +3 tome that's put up for roll will be less likely, and it may be rolled on some who just want purified shards.
    Agree with you on the tomes but there really weren't a lot of these being put up for roll to begin with.

What it will do is make it nearly impossible to buy a tome on the AH now for a reasonable price. Guess I'll need to grind for my +2 tome favor each life now so I can at least have the +2 in my main stat.

if they massively lowered the cost of the garbage shards used just for leveling I'd be okay with this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast