Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 97
  1. #1
    Community Member Blank_Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    GMT -7, USA
    Posts
    3,830

    Default A serious PvP suggestion.

    So many things are said about PvP... Good, bad, etc.

    My suggestion is such.

    Leave it alone.

    No nerfs, no changes, no nothing.

    Leave it alone and never touch it again. Seriously.

    It's fine how it is, out of the way and unobtrusive. I like it where it is. So do most people who love it and who hate it.

    Leave PvP alone. And stop talking about it.

    If you have a better suggestion, please voice it here.

    Thanks.
    Smrti///Warcrye///Dukkha///Nomey///Dhaarmika///Smrtiheals
    Focused Melee Discussion as of U17
    Proud Gimp of Crimson Eagles and now Loreseekers!

  2. #2
    Community Member grgurius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    788

    Default

    Finally, a pvp sugestion i can:

    /signed

  3. #3
    Hall of Famer & Hero DoctorWhofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    10,894

    Default

    Actually, not signed.


    Why?

    I want them to make the taverns that have PvP in it their own instances, therefore I don't have to hear it unless I go into said tavern.

    THEN I'll sign.
    +The Goddess of Tempest's Spine+Merc's Only, THELANIS: List is here: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...94#post2798094 LEGIONNAIRE /Salute to Rameses, He has RETURNED!

  4. #4
    Community Member grgurius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorWhofan View Post
    Actually, not signed.


    Why?

    I want them to make the taverns that have PvP in it their own instances, therefore I don't have to hear it unless I go into said tavern.

    THEN I'll sign.
    Hm, maybe make it like portable hole (with associated teleport NPC).

    Bye bye general chat spam, sound effects and tavern lag.

  5. #5
    Community Member heyytoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Wayward Lobster PvP
    Posts
    506

    Default

    Except for a few things PvP is fine as it is.
    >P E S T I L E N C E<
    >T H E L A N I S<

    MADE - NITROUS - PSYCOTIK - MAYAJI - BLINDFOLD - RAGNAROKS - UUBER - EPICFARMING - HEYY

  6. #6
    Community Member Kamo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    363

    Default

    I enjoy pvping when Im on timer for everything, and I agree that it is fun in its own strange way.

    /signed, leave everything as is.

  7. #7
    Community Member Delt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blank_Zero View Post
    If you have a better suggestion, please voice it here.
    Easy, improve pvp. Better suggestion provided.

  8. #8
    Community Member Kamo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Delt View Post
    Easy, improve pvp. Better suggestion provided.
    I enjoy pvp, and I disagree with this suggestion.

  9. #9
    Founder & Hero cdbd3rd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Escaping Mizzery in the Tavern Attic.
    Posts
    22,586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blank_Zero View Post
    So many things are said about PvP... Good, bad, etc.

    My suggestion is such.

    Leave it alone.

    No nerfs, no changes, no nothing.

    Leave it alone and never touch it again. Seriously.

    It's fine how it is, out of the way and unobtrusive. I like it where it is. So do most people who love it and who hate it.

    Leave PvP alone. And stop talking about it.

    If you have a better suggestion, please voice it here.

    Thanks.

    I could go along with that - right after they confine the combat zones to their own chat zone.


    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorWhofan View Post
    Actually, not signed.


    Why?

    I want them to make the taverns that have PvP in it their own instances, therefore I don't have to hear it unless I go into said tavern.

    THEN I'll sign.

    Not the whole Tavern, just the other room(s) where the combat 'chat' is going on.
    Last edited by cdbd3rd; 07-14-2011 at 03:58 PM.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual


  10. #10
    Community Member karnokvolrath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Grangeville, ID
    Posts
    1,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grgurius View Post
    Hm, maybe make it like portable hole (with associated teleport NPC).

    Bye bye general chat spam, sound effects and tavern lag.
    +1.....this is why we have lag in the shroud, and therefore cant have nice things.
    Gasoline(tr) Favored Soul - 5th Life
    Deadwall(tr) - Soul Survivor - 2nd Life
    Gasolinex - Pale Master
    Gasomatic Systematic - Bard

  11. #11
    Community Member Delt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamo View Post
    Well I guess the difference there is, Pvp has been around since module 3 and crafting is only a few months old
    And PvP has received even less dev time than crafting The only reason pvp ever changes is purely coincidental, because Turbine is lazy and has linked outdoor public PvE rules.

  12. #12
    Community Member stille_nacht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,683

    Default

    i started a little survey at one point, and people all said taht general pvp chat is mostly limited to orien and sarlona :P, i think the solution is to nerf orien and sarlona >
    adversity is something we face every day - for a true test, give someone power

    Quote Originally Posted by stille_nacht View Post
    Click the arrow for Intro to Multiclassing
    Quote Originally Posted by stille_nacht View Post
    Frugal Pack Buying Guide

  13. #13
    Community Member Blank_Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    GMT -7, USA
    Posts
    3,830

    Default

    Delt, I have yet to see a suggestion from you. At all.

    All I see is some badly placed trolling really.

    Make a suggestion. Not a statement.

    As too putting it in its own instance, sure why not?
    Smrti///Warcrye///Dukkha///Nomey///Dhaarmika///Smrtiheals
    Focused Melee Discussion as of U17
    Proud Gimp of Crimson Eagles and now Loreseekers!

  14. #14
    Hall of Famer & Hero DoctorWhofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    10,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post

    Not the whole Tavern, just the other room(s) where the combat 'chat' is going on.
    I'm not picky, as long as it is off the General.
    +The Goddess of Tempest's Spine+Merc's Only, THELANIS: List is here: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...94#post2798094 LEGIONNAIRE /Salute to Rameses, He has RETURNED!

  15. #15
    The Hatchery bigolbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,804

    Default

    a beter suggestion:

    Any future pvp development should be a 'pack' - free to vips. Use the sales figures and revenue to finaly answer the question is pvp enjoyed by enough people to matter.

    If it is then more pvp packs would be good, if not then theres no need to waste development time on it.

    My gut feeling here is that most people that pvp arent vocal about it one way or another and as you said leaving it alone is probly the right thing.

    Id say i spend 99.9% of my game time doing non pvp stuff, but i do ocasionly like to do pvp, i find it fun - its not serious theres no reward bar braggin rights and i like it that way. You cant get 'ganked' walking down the street but if 2 roleplayers have an incharacter disagreement then they can have a duel. The team arenas are a lot of fun for guild nights.

    We all know it isnt remotely balanced and this is good. It wouldnt be very d&d if a fighter actualy stood a chance against a mage in pvp - thats why there are traditionaly duels and 'mage duels' in most fantasy that discuss the topic.
    Ex Euro player from devourer: Charaters on orien(Officer of Under Estimated & Nightfox): Wrothgar, Cobolt, Shadeweaver, TheMetal, Metaphysical, Allfred, Razortusk and many more.
    stuff by me: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...02#post4938302

  16. #16
    Community Member Delt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blank_Zero View Post
    Delt, I have yet to see a suggestion from you. At all.

    All I see is some badly placed trolling really.
    This isn't an add-your-suggestion thread, it's you saying it should be left alone. Which is one minor step above the people that cry "REMOVE ITT!!!!".

    It's an aspect of the game plenty of people enjoy, and considering there is currently ZERO ingame benefit to PvP (except that which people create themselves), I'd say that says alot about the viability of pvp in DDO.

  17. #17
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member
    MeliCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Delt View Post
    It's an aspect of the game plenty of people enjoy, and considering there is currently ZERO ingame benefit to PvP (except that which people create themselves), I'd say that says alot about the viability of pvp in DDO.
    It is incorrect to say it has zero ingame benefit because it is used for testing and skill refinement. It is an extremely useful resource in this way.


    If I wanted a street fighter equivalent I would go and play Streetfighter.

    That said I enjoy watching those who are good twitchers here but surely no one is still kidding themselves that unless they pick their targets they get a fair battle? Or ever will.
    ~Thelanis ~ Khyber ~

  18. #18
    Community Member Dawnsfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,643

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigolbear View Post
    a beter suggestion:

    Any future pvp development should be a 'pack' - free to vips. Use the sales figures and revenue to finaly answer the question is pvp enjoyed by enough people to matter.

    If it is then more pvp packs would be good, if not then theres no need to waste development time on it.
    I think this is a fantastic idea!

    /signed

    Quote Originally Posted by Torc View Post
    I’m only nerfing you now so I can buff you later.

  19. #19
    Community Member Delt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MeliCat View Post
    If I wanted a street fighter equivalent I would go and play Streetfighter.

    That said I enjoy watching those who are good twitchers here but surely no one is still kidding themselves that unless they pick their targets they get a fair battle? Or ever will.
    Nothing supports either of these statements.

    I don't run around saying "if I wanted to play a crafter, I'd log into Eve" in every DDO crafting thread. If I did do something that ridiculous, I wouldn't expect anyone to take me or my opinions on crafting in DDO seriously.

    As for your second statement, there is nothing inherent to DDO that prevents a deep, enjoyable, rewarding and balanced pvp experience.
    Last edited by Delt; 07-15-2011 at 11:02 AM.

  20. #20
    Community Member Blank_Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    GMT -7, USA
    Posts
    3,830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Delt View Post
    ...there is nothing inherent to DDO that prevents a deep, enjoyable, rewarding and balanced pvp experience.
    Dungeons and Dragons was never meant as a PvP Tabletop game, which DDO draws considerable reference from.

    DDO is not meant as a PvP base game.

    I enjoy PvP as a testing ground and where my caster can feel completely OP. Otherwise, leave it be.
    Smrti///Warcrye///Dukkha///Nomey///Dhaarmika///Smrtiheals
    Focused Melee Discussion as of U17
    Proud Gimp of Crimson Eagles and now Loreseekers!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload