Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 97

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Community Member Blank_Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    GMT -7, USA
    Posts
    3,830

    Default A serious PvP suggestion.

    So many things are said about PvP... Good, bad, etc.

    My suggestion is such.

    Leave it alone.

    No nerfs, no changes, no nothing.

    Leave it alone and never touch it again. Seriously.

    It's fine how it is, out of the way and unobtrusive. I like it where it is. So do most people who love it and who hate it.

    Leave PvP alone. And stop talking about it.

    If you have a better suggestion, please voice it here.

    Thanks.
    Smrti///Warcrye///Dukkha///Nomey///Dhaarmika///Smrtiheals
    Focused Melee Discussion as of U17
    Proud Gimp of Crimson Eagles and now Loreseekers!

  2. #2
    Community Member grgurius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    788

    Default

    Finally, a pvp sugestion i can:

    /signed

  3. #3
    Hall of Famer & Hero DoctorWhofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    10,894

    Default

    Actually, not signed.


    Why?

    I want them to make the taverns that have PvP in it their own instances, therefore I don't have to hear it unless I go into said tavern.

    THEN I'll sign.
    +The Goddess of Tempest's Spine+Merc's Only, THELANIS: List is here: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...94#post2798094 LEGIONNAIRE /Salute to Rameses, He has RETURNED!

  4. #4
    Community Member grgurius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorWhofan View Post
    Actually, not signed.


    Why?

    I want them to make the taverns that have PvP in it their own instances, therefore I don't have to hear it unless I go into said tavern.

    THEN I'll sign.
    Hm, maybe make it like portable hole (with associated teleport NPC).

    Bye bye general chat spam, sound effects and tavern lag.

  5. #5
    Community Member karnokvolrath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Grangeville, ID
    Posts
    1,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grgurius View Post
    Hm, maybe make it like portable hole (with associated teleport NPC).

    Bye bye general chat spam, sound effects and tavern lag.
    +1.....this is why we have lag in the shroud, and therefore cant have nice things.
    Gasoline(tr) Favored Soul - 5th Life
    Deadwall(tr) - Soul Survivor - 2nd Life
    Gasolinex - Pale Master
    Gasomatic Systematic - Bard

  6. #6
    The Hatchery NytCrawlr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    1,022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorWhofan View Post
    I want them to make the taverns that have PvP in it their own instances, therefore I don't have to hear it unless I go into said tavern.
    Totally agreed, wish I could give out more rep today.

    As others have mentioned, my issue is more of a lag thing. Sometimes I do enjoy going in the rooms and watching it from time to time, but late night, when it seems the busiest, lag is atrocious.

    Would be nice if they had separate instances for it.

  7. #7
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorWhofan View Post
    Actually, not signed.


    Why?

    I want them to make the taverns that have PvP in it their own instances, therefore I don't have to hear it unless I go into said tavern.

    THEN I'll sign.

    This right here is a great solution. Take it off general chat so unless you are where PvP is, you dont have to hear anything about it. I think that solution alone would take most of the anger/hate directed toward PvP away. Not hearing "a lvl 20 beating a lvl 5, he must feel so great" all the time would be such a godsend in this game. It really really would
    Last edited by rocky0; 07-16-2011 at 02:16 PM.

  8. #8
    Community Member Yajerman01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Under your moms bed
    Posts
    1,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by protokon View Post
    There are a lot of reasons for players to enjoy player vs. player - and a lot of reasons for players to want to avoid player vs player functionality - but absolutely no reason for the hostility and intolerance it receives on the forums.

    Don't like it? don't do it. I absolutely HATE crafting and will never have anything to do with it, but do you see me or anything else posting they need to leave it alone or remove it from the game, just because I don't like it?
    ^^ This ^^
    The one and only Aluecian - Congo Bowl I Champions, Team InB4Lock - Survival Builds(NEWEST BUILD IS AT POST #48): http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=209152 Pic of Me, Post# 332 http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=163146&page=9

  9. #9
    Community Member Kamo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by protokon View Post
    Do you honestly see a lot of 'pvp' comments from the lobster in general chat? In the hours I've spent floating around the lobster, I think I saw 1 incident in a matter of months where someone was actually complaining in general chat. 99.9% of trash talking or any type of pvp conversing, happens in tells.

    If anything, there is a lot of off-topic degrading arguments that have nothing to do with pvp in general chat. It seems like everyone likes to scapegoat pvp as the reason for garbage in general, when you can find arguments and off topic debates virtually anywhere - about almost anything.

    There are a lot of reasons for players to enjoy player vs. player - and a lot of reasons for players to want to avoid player vs player functionality - but absolutely no reason for the hostility and intolerance it receives on the forums.

    Don't like it? don't do it. I absolutely HATE crafting and will never have anything to do with it, but do you see me or anything else posting they need to leave it alone or remove it from the game, just because I don't like it?

    Honestly, I think most people post anti-pvp comments to farm rep, which is kind of sad.

    There's something exciting and fun about fighting a real, thinking opponent versus NPCs which will be virtually 100% predictable.

    The real problem is the fact that conversing between opponents can happen, which I would agree muting the ability to talk in general chat should be done - possibility mute all chat if your in the brawling area, as to stop people from sending tells as well. Most other games with a pvp function do not allow you to send tells or talk to people of the opposing faction for that reason.

    This game has very unique mechanics of movement and combat, in which it is one of the very few games out there that is not a button-mashing fest of stand there, spam a macro that uses all your abilities in a row until your opponent dies. It has huge potential for pvp improvement that could easily pull crowds of players from other games.

    Just a few different thoughts, rolled into one post.
    I dont disagree that being able to battle a real thinking opponent would be amazing, and I enjoy games where you can pvp. I also dont disagree with the fact that correct pvp would be good with the combat system in this game.

    But once again I will state that most of the community seems opposed to pvp in general, and Im not sure revitalizing it and organizing it, is best for the game.

    Would've been nice if they got it right the first time.
    Last edited by Kamo; 07-15-2011 at 04:21 PM.

  10. #10
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    21,813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by protokon View Post
    Do you honestly see a lot of 'pvp' comments from the lobster in general chat? In the hours I've spent floating around the lobster, I think I saw 1 incident in a matter of months where someone was actually complaining in general chat. 99.9% of trash talking or any type of pvp conversing, happens in tells.
    I see HUGE amounts of comments coming from the lobster. In fact, there are quite a few players who will lose to what they feel is a bad PVP tactic, and turn it into a trash talking contest about how they other player sucks, is gimp, has to resort to BS in order to win etc etc.

    I wish I could say it was just a few players, because then we could say its a player issue, but its not. PVP having its own general chat is the better option. If Players want to holler at eachother about the tactic used to win they can do so all day without having to take it to a chat channel where 99% of the rest of the community who isnt directly involved in the conversation doesnt want to hear it or participate.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

  11. #11
    Community Member protokon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sandy, UT
    Posts
    2,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    I see HUGE amounts of comments coming from the lobster. In fact, there are quite a few players who will lose to what they feel is a bad PVP tactic, and turn it into a trash talking contest about how they other player sucks, is gimp, has to resort to BS in order to win etc etc.

    I wish I could say it was just a few players, because then we could say its a player issue, but its not. PVP having its own general chat is the better option. If Players want to holler at eachother about the tactic used to win they can do so all day without having to take it to a chat channel where 99% of the rest of the community who isnt directly involved in the conversation doesnt want to hear it or participate.
    giving pvp its own chat is a really bad idea. We'd be better off disabling the ability to do so and mute anyone who walks into tavern brawls until they walk out.

    I spend alot of time at the lobster, I almost never see any comments made in general chat, and maybe 1 out of 10 tells are actual trash talking while the other 9 are "heal me plz", "what shield are you using" and other random questions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blank_Zero View Post
    Trolling is against the rules. As to my PLA comments, there is nothing illegal about public domain.

    Enjoy.
    argueing or disagreeing isn't trolling, only personal attacks are man.
    Proud member of Renowned, Thelanis server.

  12. #12
    Community Member gloopygloop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by protokon View Post
    giving pvp its own chat is a really bad idea. We'd be better off disabling the ability to do so and mute anyone who walks into tavern brawls until they walk out.

    I spend alot of time at the lobster, I almost never see any comments made in general chat, and maybe 1 out of 10 tells are actual trash talking while the other 9 are "heal me plz", "what shield are you using" and other random questions.
    I also see a lot of "guys where are you?" and an occasional ".g good lord, this party sucks."

  13. #13
    Community Member protokon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sandy, UT
    Posts
    2,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gloopygloop View Post
    I also see a lot of "guys where are you?" and an occasional ".g good lord, this party sucks."
    which is exactly my point. Do those seem like comments flooding from lobster pvp? No....

    and that's exactly what I was trying to point out. it has nothing to do with people flaming eachother in the lobster. And I am active virtually all times of the day (not every day obviously) from 8 in the morning up until 5 in the morning, depending on my schedule. I just don't see what people are complaining about.

    And start a petition? of what, how many forumites like pvp versus how many forumites dislike it? that doesn't really do any good...
    Proud member of Renowned, Thelanis server.

  14. #14
    Hall of Famer & Hero DoctorWhofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    10,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by protokon View Post
    giving pvp its own chat is a really bad idea. We'd be better off disabling the ability to do so and mute anyone who walks into tavern brawls until they walk out.

    I spend alot of time at the lobster, I almost never see any comments made in general chat, and maybe 1 out of 10 tells are actual trash talking while the other 9 are "heal me plz", "what shield are you using" and other random questions.



    argueing or disagreeing isn't trolling, only personal attacks are man.
    Funny, I see it alot. I guess it depends when you are on.
    +The Goddess of Tempest's Spine+Merc's Only, THELANIS: List is here: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...94#post2798094 LEGIONNAIRE /Salute to Rameses, He has RETURNED!

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorWhofan View Post
    Funny, I see it alot. I guess it depends when you are on.
    I thought leave PvP alone and move PvP to it's own chat channel were good suggestions.

    /signed on both
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    a powerful ally able to play in any role that the group needs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zonbLF-NMZg

  16. #16
    Community Member Blank_Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    GMT -7, USA
    Posts
    3,830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by protokon View Post
    giving pvp its own chat is a really bad idea. We'd be better off disabling the ability to do so and mute anyone who walks into tavern brawls until they walk out.

    I spend alot of time at the lobster, I almost never see any comments made in general chat, and maybe 1 out of 10 tells are actual trash talking while the other 9 are "heal me plz", "what shield are you using" and other random questions.



    argueing or disagreeing isn't trolling, only personal attacks are man.
    I get asked about my gear a lot on my melee. People don't get that I don't have to swing to kill them.


    Dunno if you were reading, but he got pretty personal.
    Smrti///Warcrye///Dukkha///Nomey///Dhaarmika///Smrtiheals
    Focused Melee Discussion as of U17
    Proud Gimp of Crimson Eagles and now Loreseekers!

  17. #17
    Community Member heyytoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Wayward Lobster PvP
    Posts
    506

    Default

    Except for a few things PvP is fine as it is.
    >P E S T I L E N C E<
    >T H E L A N I S<

    MADE - NITROUS - PSYCOTIK - MAYAJI - BLINDFOLD - RAGNAROKS - UUBER - EPICFARMING - HEYY

  18. #18
    Community Member Kamo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    363

    Default

    I enjoy pvping when Im on timer for everything, and I agree that it is fun in its own strange way.

    /signed, leave everything as is.

  19. #19
    Community Member Delt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blank_Zero View Post
    If you have a better suggestion, please voice it here.
    Easy, improve pvp. Better suggestion provided.

  20. #20
    Community Member Kamo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Delt View Post
    Easy, improve pvp. Better suggestion provided.
    I enjoy pvp, and I disagree with this suggestion.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload