Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by stille_nacht View Post
    i started a little survey at one point, and people all said taht general pvp chat is mostly limited to orien and sarlona :P, i think the solution is to nerf orien and sarlona >
    Hey now! ya can do whatever you want to Orien but you leave my Sarlona alone im treated like a princess on there I like it lol.

Seriously I still don't partake in Pvp but if they put in a way for profits to be made from people utilizing it I wouldnt care if time was put into it. I know its not popular for people to hear "put your money where ya mouth is." But I do it with my sub fees, with my purchasing points for fluff items on top of it and buying passes for new players to show them how awesome ddo is. So if we are to get anything re done for it id like to see some way for a profit to be made. Hell I even pay to get boosters for crafting (yes I like the time sink so what). So I would not be against something that contributes to the healthy flow of dollars to the game.
    Kalari-Lost Legions resident Drunking Gaming Diva!
    Im not bad Im morally Obtuse...
    *Enter my Den..*/*Live RPG fun on Skype*

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorWhofan View Post
    I want them to make the taverns that have PvP in it their own instances, therefore I don't have to hear it unless I go into said tavern.
    This. I have to see enough whining about Arcane Archers on the forums. I never look forward to running harbor quests thanks to the whiners/“me-am-so-kewl” types in the Lobster.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalari View Post
    Hey now! ya can do whatever you want to Orien but you leave my Sarlona alone im treated like a princess on there I like it lol.
    Don’t you mean “Treated like Princess Peach by the Koopas”?
    Last edited by QuantumFX; 07-15-2011 at 11:17 AM.
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • Fixing physical defense for Rangers and Rogues. It’s ridiculous that you’re better off wearing Heavy Armor and ignoring your innate feats on these classes.
    • Cannith Crafting.
    • Update the named loot to put them on the same system.
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
    • Fixing all challenges to give us decent XP and ingredient returns for the unreasonable time we have to spend in most of them.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumFX View Post
    Don’t you mean “Treated like Princess Peach by the Koopas”?
    Hush you lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kalari View Post
    Seriously I still don't partake in Pvp but if they put in a way for profits to be made from people utilizing it I wouldnt care if time was put into it. I know its not popular for people to hear "put your money where ya mouth is." But I do it with my sub fees, with my purchasing points for fluff items on top of it and buying passes for new players to show them how awesome ddo is. So if we are to get anything re done for it id like to see some way for a profit to be made. Hell I even pay to get boosters for crafting (yes I like the time sink so what). So I would not be against something that contributes to the healthy flow of dollars to the game.
    They do something similar with LotRO. I am sure they get plenty of people going VIP just to try PvM (hell, I did). Of course, the problem there is Turbine puts very little effort or improvement into it. Which is a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Delt View Post
    They do something similar with LotRO. I am sure they get plenty of people going VIP just to try PvM (hell, I did). Of course, the problem there is Turbine puts very little effort or improvement into it. Which is a shame.
    Yeah if they do something that ties into profit they'd better be willing to put as much effort into it as they do Crafting it is only fair. Im not one to say take it out or even leave it alone just if your going do something with it dont half *** it. If they are going to bother with any update to it though I hope it is good enough that people want to contribute funds to it.

Go get em Delt!!

Also, PvP is awesome and has a lot of potential in a game like DDO.

Since DDO isn't DnD id say that yes, pvp has its place.
    >P E S T I L E N C E<
    >T H E L A N I S<

MADE - NITROUS - PSYCOTIK - MAYAJI - BLINDFOLD - RAGNAROKS - UUBER - EPICFARMING - HEYY

Quote Originally Posted by heyytoi View Post
    Go get em Delt!!

Also, PvP is awesome and has a lot of potential in a game like DDO.

Since DDO isn't DnD id say that yes, pvp has its place.
    I believe it has been proven on many occasions that pvp isnt what the community wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamo View Post
    I believe it has been proven on many occasions that pvp isnt what the community wants.
    Most people on the community doesn't bother with forums.

But since arging wouldn't add anything to the thread il just leave it there.

<3 PvP <3
    >P E S T I L E N C E<
    >T H E L A N I S<

MADE - NITROUS - PSYCOTIK - MAYAJI - BLINDFOLD - RAGNAROKS - UUBER - EPICFARMING - HEYY

Quote Originally Posted by heyytoi View Post
    Most people on the community doesn't bother with forums.

But since arging wouldn't add anything to the thread il just leave it there.

<3 PvP <3
    Perhaps not, but I'd believe that there's a reasonable enough cross section to accurately reflect the values and opinions of the DDO community as a whole. There's a small vocal movement for PvP. There's a large vocal movement that doesn't want PvP.

Forumites are just more vocal about the believes they hold regarding the game. They don't hold entirely different views.
    Archangels
    Pwesiela - Completionist Arcane Archer; Pia - Silver Flame Assassin; Aes - of the Blue Ajah; Insene - Deathpriest; Enaila - Aiel Bodyguard; Uduk - Dwarven Meatwall; Vitalien -Warder
    Quote Originally Posted by Victorie View Post
    Pwesiela is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwesiela View Post
    Perhaps not, but I'd believe that there's a reasonable enough cross section to accurately reflect the values and opinions of the DDO community as a whole. There's a small vocal movement for PvP. There's a large vocal movement that doesn't want PvP.

Forumites are just more vocal about the believes they hold regarding the game. They don't hold entirely different views.
    Please. The minute anyone posts anything pvp related, 20 forum warriors fall out of the woodwork with neg rep and canned arguements.

Your arguement has no merit -- it's just not worth the effort most days to step foot in the pvp forum.

That aside, I agree more people avoid pvp than participate. I think improvements could increase the number that pvp and, potentially, profit. Improving existing gameplay features is not a bad thing.
    Last edited by Delt; 07-15-2011 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by protokon View Post
    There are a lot of reasons for players to enjoy player vs. player - and a lot of reasons for players to want to avoid player vs player functionality - but absolutely no reason for the hostility and intolerance it receives on the forums.

Don't like it? don't do it. I absolutely HATE crafting and will never have anything to do with it, but do you see me or anything else posting they need to leave it alone or remove it from the game, just because I don't like it?
    ^^ This ^^
    The one and only Aluecian - Congo Bowl I Champions, Team InB4Lock - Survival Builds(NEWEST BUILD IS AT POST #48): http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=209152 Pic of Me, Post# 332 http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=163146&page=9

Please. The minute anyone posts anything pvp related, 20 forum warriors fall out of the woodwork with neg rep and canned arguements.

Your arguement has no merit -- it's just not worth the effort most days to step foot in the pvp forum.

That aside, I agree more people avoid pvp than participate. I think improvements could increase the number that pvp and, potentially, profit. Improving existing gameplay features is not a bad thing.
    The canned arguements are equal on both sides, as are the lame neg repping for having an opinion. This is right where the hilarity ensues in the PVP threads. For every response saying they should just do away with PVP theres one that says if you dont like it dont post in PVP forums, like posting is only limited to those who agree.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    For every response saying they should just do away with PVP theres one that says if you dont like it dont post in PVP forums, Neither of these responses were provided except by you. like posting is only limited to those who agree. no one here said that but you
    The one and only Aluecian - Congo Bowl I Champions, Team InB4Lock - Survival Builds(NEWEST BUILD IS AT POST #48): http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=209152 Pic of Me, Post# 332 http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=163146&page=9

The canned arguements are equal on both sides, as are the lame neg repping for having an opinion. This is right where the hilarity ensues in the PVP threads. For every response saying they should just do away with PVP theres one that says if you dont like it dont post in PVP forums, like posting is only limited to those who agree.
    A little bias and logically slanted, again. I've already said, how stupid would I look if I walked into every crafting thread expressing my dislike for it in any form. Instead of adding anything worthwhile to the discussion, my sole contribution is along of line of "It sucks, remove it!" or "Just leave it as is and let the devs focus on something worthwhile!".

I'd look like a moron, plain and simple.

People are entitled to any opinion. But sharing it is a different story. If you have nothing constructive to add to a public discussion, keep it to yourself...or at least, don't get all hurt when called on it.

Do you honestly see a lot of 'pvp' comments from the lobster in general chat? In the hours I've spent floating around the lobster, I think I saw 1 incident in a matter of months where someone was actually complaining in general chat. 99.9% of trash talking or any type of pvp conversing, happens in tells.

If anything, there is a lot of off-topic degrading arguments that have nothing to do with pvp in general chat. It seems like everyone likes to scapegoat pvp as the reason for garbage in general, when you can find arguments and off topic debates virtually anywhere - about almost anything.

There are a lot of reasons for players to enjoy player vs. player - and a lot of reasons for players to want to avoid player vs player functionality - but absolutely no reason for the hostility and intolerance it receives on the forums.

Don't like it? don't do it. I absolutely HATE crafting and will never have anything to do with it, but do you see me or anything else posting they need to leave it alone or remove it from the game, just because I don't like it?

Honestly, I think most people post anti-pvp comments to farm rep, which is kind of sad.

There's something exciting and fun about fighting a real, thinking opponent versus NPCs which will be virtually 100% predictable.

The real problem is the fact that conversing between opponents can happen, which I would agree muting the ability to talk in general chat should be done - possibility mute all chat if your in the brawling area, as to stop people from sending tells as well. Most other games with a pvp function do not allow you to send tells or talk to people of the opposing faction for that reason.

This game has very unique mechanics of movement and combat, in which it is one of the very few games out there that is not a button-mashing fest of stand there, spam a macro that uses all your abilities in a row until your opponent dies. It has huge potential for pvp improvement that could easily pull crowds of players from other games.

Just a few different thoughts, rolled into one post.
    I dont disagree that being able to battle a real thinking opponent would be amazing, and I enjoy games where you can pvp. I also dont disagree with the fact that correct pvp would be good with the combat system in this game.

But once again I will state that most of the community seems opposed to pvp in general, and Im not sure revitalizing it and organizing it, is best for the game.

Would've been nice if they got it right the first time.
    Last edited by Kamo; 07-15-2011 at 03:21 PM.

Do you honestly see a lot of 'pvp' comments from the lobster in general chat? In the hours I've spent floating around the lobster, I think I saw 1 incident in a matter of months where someone was actually complaining in general chat. 99.9% of trash talking or any type of pvp conversing, happens in tells.
    I see HUGE amounts of comments coming from the lobster. In fact, there are quite a few players who will lose to what they feel is a bad PVP tactic, and turn it into a trash talking contest about how they other player sucks, is gimp, has to resort to BS in order to win etc etc.

I wish I could say it was just a few players, because then we could say its a player issue, but its not. PVP having its own general chat is the better option. If Players want to holler at eachother about the tactic used to win they can do so all day without having to take it to a chat channel where 99% of the rest of the community who isnt directly involved in the conversation doesnt want to hear it or participate.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

People are entitled to any opinion. But sharing it is a different story. If you have nothing constructive to add to a public discussion, keep it to yourself...or at least, don't get all hurt when called on it.
    On a public forum, this is incorrect. As long as you are not violating forum rules, you have the right to post any opinion anywhere you wish. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by flynnjsw View Post
    On a public forum, this is incorrect. As long as you are not violating forum rules, you have the right to post any opinion anywhere you wish. Period.
    Yeap, exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Yajerman01 View Post
    Chai, you always regergitate the same response in EVERY PVP forum chat. Even when no one is talking about getting rid of it or that it shouldnt exist or that if you have an opinion other then the OP then you shouldnt post. You springboard this statement in almost every situation, liek an activiist you are willing to fight to the bitter end even if its not your cause or whether you clearly understand the issue. My point is, your quasi-pattend "rabbithole" concept is/was unwarranted and nonsensical to the topic. But you brought it up anyway.

good luck with that.
    Because I always see the same comments in the PVP chat where if someone doesnt like it they shouldnt post their opinion on it. The concept is not unwarrented. Of course, since you dont agree with me, youll question if I understand the issue.

I have DESIGNED pvp servers. Um yeah, I understand the issues here.

What I WILL champion, is peoples ability to post their opinion, whether it agrees with those who suggested something or not. I have and still will champion getting rid of the rep system as well, by documenting the huge amounts of times when its abused, as it often is in PVP threads, by those on both sides of the debate.

Because I always see the same comments in the PVP chat where if someone doesnt like it they shouldnt post their opinion on it. I do not think your understanding me here Chai. I went through this entire thread. Aside YOU bringing up the argument of "you shouldnt comment or post your opinion if you dont like pvp?" where else is it? I am stating that your initiating that argument in of itself is unrelated and not part of this post. The concept is not unwarrented. Of course, since you dont agree with me, youll question if I understand the issue. That is the point, no one is stating such, you conjured up a phantom argument that was not relevant to the topic until you brought it up.

I have DESIGNED pvp servers. Um yeah, I understand the issues here.

What I WILL champion, is peoples ability to post their opinion, whether it agrees with those who suggested something or not. I think we got that a long time ago and I do not think anyone here is arguing or disputing that, but feel free to continue your crusade on a phantom statement that has no bearing on the topic at hand. I have and still will champion getting rid of the rep system as well, by documenting the huge amounts of times when its abused, as it often is in PVP threads, by those on both sides of the debate.
    Chai, my point AGAIN is your chqrging up arguments no one is talking about. I have no idea why, but your entitled to bantar away incoherently.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast