Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I like it

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maxelcat View Post
    Firefox.

When i first tried it it did give me a list in the third tab of what i need.

Eg: dropped rapier in, added no effects, pop over to the third tab to see what i need...

"To make your:
    +5 Green Steel Rapier (1d8)
    "
    the rest of the page is blank.

adding effects is the same thing, i've tried other weapons and gear still nothing.

though, when it was working for me i really liked it!
    First, jjflanigan, love the planner.
    Second, I did that the first time too, there is a craft button in the lower right. You need to press that, not just click the ingredients tab

Quote Originally Posted by game5551 View Post
    Second, I did that the first time too, there is a craft button in the lower right. You need to press that, not just click the ingredients tab
    Hrm -- let me look into making the clicking of the instructions tab perform the "Craft" step as well if you have a full and valid item "selected"

Quote Originally Posted by jjflanigan View Post
    Hrm. Firefox 5? I just tried viewing it with FF5 and it seems to be displaying properly. I'll try to reproduce the issue so I can get it fixed.

Do you get the Link and Printer icon at the top of the the instructions tab? If so, try clicking the printer and see if it displays properly on the "print friendly" page, please. That will at least let me know if it's a CSS or scripting issue causing the problem.

Thanks

-JJ
    sorry about the delay, upgraded Firefox, i get the link and print icons, when clicking the print friendly page all that comes up is

"To make your:
    +5 Green Steel Rapier (1d8)"

sorry for the delay
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Hireling: "Oh god, you're in trouble!" *heal fail* "Oh god, you're still in trouble!!" *heal fail* "Nooooo I will save you!!!" *heal fail* etc. but to the player, it just looked like the hireling was standing there staring off into space. He's not staring...he's thinking...REALLY hard.

Quote Originally Posted by game5551 View Post
    WOOPS!!!

yup that fixed it.

*DURRRRR HURP!*
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Hireling: "Oh god, you're in trouble!" *heal fail* "Oh god, you're still in trouble!!" *heal fail* "Nooooo I will save you!!!" *heal fail* etc. but to the player, it just looked like the hireling was standing there staring off into space. He's not staring...he's thinking...REALLY hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxelcat View Post
    WOOPS!!!

yup that fixed it.

*DURRRRR HURP!*
    I've adjusted it now so that clicking on the tab also attempts to execute the "Craft Item" function to populate the information on that tab.

The site is down.
    The Fockers of Argo
    Fuglymofo; LOOON; Hobaggin; Fuglyrobo; Buttscracher; Whoaa

Quote Originally Posted by LOOON375 View Post
    The site is down.
    I'm guessing it was a hiccup with my hosting provider, everything appears to be up and running now.

Community Member

On one level, this is by far the best GS planner I've seen, as it's the first one that actually helped this GS crafting newbie see the patterns behind the bewildering cosmic mysteries of it, such as how the tiers work, what my options are at each tier, and how choosing something at one tier excludes choices at another tier. Kudos!

On another level, now that I have that understanding, the Montreal planner actually does a better job of graphically showing me those exclusions in action -- and it was only by working back and forth between the two that the whole subject of GS finally jelled for me.

Perhaps down the road I'll have some thoughts on how this planner could also do what the Montreal one helped me with. But for now, a couple points:

1a) It would be helpful if each of the effects was labeled with what tier it was part of. As is, to see which ones are Tier 1 effects, I have to filter out all other tiers and see what's left.

1b) I don't know why each effect has a question mark in blue to the left of it, so I suspect perhaps those were supposed to be the tier labels. If not, perhaps they could be used as such?

1c) Every time a tier filter is checked or unchecked it resets the entire process to square one (including the "Your Ingredients" box). Could this at least be changed so it doesn't "forget" what type of weapon/item you chose?

2) The way you mouse over an effect and details of it show up in the lower right panel is very well-designed. However, some of the information directly contradicts the Montreal planner, specifically with regard to elemental and alignment burst and blast weapons.

My attempts to reconcile the discrepancies suggested that most people on the forum are using the same numbers as Montreal (though that obviously doesn't prove anything!). It also looks like the effects of ____ Burst on a GS weapon are different than the effect of the same name on a non-GS weapon.

a) For the alignment and elemental blast effects, this planner says they will do a base damage on every successful hit (1d6 for elemental, 2d6 for aligned to targets of opposite alignment), the same as the burst effects do. Other sources list this base damage only for bursts, not for blasts... at least on GS.

b) For Good and Evil Burst and Blast, this planner says the damage only applies to targets of the opposite alignment. Other sources seem to believe that when it comes to GS, this damage applies to neutrals as well.

c) For the same effects, this planner lists the crit damage as "(Weapon Crit Modifier +1)d10". Other sources seem to go with (WCM+1)d6.

d) For the Good and Evil Burst effects, this planner lists the base damage as 2d6, where other sources seem to go with 1d6.

Despite these points, overall I'm finding this planner very helpful! Good work!

1a, 1b and 1c are all fixed up. I didn't realize I had never updated it to not use the question mark image in the select list. The clearing of the effects when you changed the filter was a copy / paste error (*blush*) from when I added in the ToD Rings and Pre-built options.

For the elements in 2, I'll go through and see if I can find some recent screenshots to capture the "hard numbers" for most of those and update mine where the values are incorrect.

your link points to a 404.

EDIT: fixed.
    Last edited by B.Ogre; 10-30-2011 at 02:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

Quote Originally Posted by B.Ogre View Post
    your link points to a 404.
    Ooops, I updated the links in my sig but forgot the one in the main post -- should be all fixed

2015 DDO Players Council Shoemaker's Avatar

Arrow Greensteel Crafting planner thoughts on upgrades.

Hey again JJ, was wondering if you had thought about adding manufactured materials to the ingredients tab.. Like I have a few tapers, and a few material and dominion gems and such pre-crafted.. Also my signet stones are assembled long before I decide to craft something, so completed signet stone spot too. That's about the only thing the GS crafter could use better.

Exclamation One other note...

On the ingredients list, clicking on the save as URL button gives:
    "http://http://crafting.cubicleninja.com/index.html?ing=7|1|10|3|8|6|0|42|44|45|44|35|51|45 |20|20|20|20|20|20|20|0|49|2|8|10|5|3|2|2|2|2|2|0| 0|0|2|16|"

As you can see, there is a double http://http:// for some reason..

Community Member

Default Suggestion

I'd like to suggest a change / enhancement. Expand the ingredients box to list each selected option in one line. Though a deviation from the barter interface, it allows you to see stuff you selected at a glance.

Maybe include an X button to delete a line. Maybe prefix each line with two-level code you have there currently, e.g.:

GS: Falchion ....... X
    T1: Shock........... X
    T2: Holy Burst..... X

adult image hosting

Quote Originally Posted by Tech13 View Post
    On the ingredients list, clicking on the save as URL button gives:
    "http://http://crafting.cubicleninja.com/index.html?ing=7|1|10|3|8|6|0|42|44|45|44|35|51|45 |20|20|20|20|20|20|20|0|49|2|8|10|5|3|2|2|2|2|2|0| 0|0|2|16|"

As you can see, there is a double http://http:// for some reason..
    Crazy! Fixed.

I'll see about adjusting the layout to do rows instead of columns for the tiers to accommodate showing the deets of what has been added

Cool More suggestions

Enlarge the "Pre-Built" section.. Common items including:

• Acid/Holy Min II weapon
    • Shock/Holy Lit II weapon
    • + + + weapon
    • Trip-Earth weapon
    • Conc-Op CHA skills item
    • - - - item
    • + + + item
    • Trap the Soul +45HP item
    • 71.6% Healing Amp item

These are the ones that come to mind off the top of my head.

Community Member

Thumbs up I second this suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech13 View Post
    Enlarge the "Pre-Built" section.. Common items including:

• Acid/Holy Min II weapon
    • + + + weapon
    • Trip-Earth weapon
    • Conc-Op CHA skills item
    • - - - item
    • + + + item
    • Trap the Soul +45HP item
    • 71.6% Healing Amp item

These are the ones that come to mind off the top of my head.

I totally agree with Tech13. More "template" style items/weapons.

If you could provide me with the "Standard" recipes for the various items I'll be happy to add them in to the pre-builts.

Default Recipes..

Quote Originally Posted by jjflanigan View Post
    If you could provide me with the "Standard" recipes for the various items I'll be happy to add them in to the pre-builts.

1. Air/Dom/Mat
      2. Pos/Dom/Mat
      3. Air/Dom/Mat + Pos/Dom/Mat
    • + + + weapon Primary ~-~ Damage
      1. Pos/Dom/Mat
      2. Pos/Dom/Mat
      3. Pos/Dom/Mat
    • + + + weapon Secondary ~-~ 71.6% Healing Amp
      1. Pos/Opp/Mat
      2. Pos/Opp/Mat
      3. Pos/Opp/Mat